Watmough ... You reap what you sow !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Yeah. He looked 42 not 32 when he made that break.

I was sitting on the hill at Brookie with a can of piss in one hand and a rat coffin in the other the sunday in 2002 that he made his debut against the sharkies.

He ran the length of the field for an amazing try and we all couldn't believe the pace on him.

Unfortunately We led 18-0 at halftime and then peachey blew us away in the 2nd half and we lost 44-18 or something like that.

That was actually Choc's 4th game in first grade (he made his debut against the cheating Scum 3 weeks earlier from the bench) and the second and last time he started a game in 2002. The game against the Sharks on 21 July saw him score his first try in the NRL. We did lead 18-0 at half time but lost 46-24. Our other try scorers were Kingdog, Mitch Creary and Robert Miles. Luke Williamson kicked 4/5.

Our side that day against the Sharks (we were still the Northern Eagles then) was:
Brendan Reeves, Mitch Creary, Albert Torrens, Robert Miles, John Hopoate, Luke Williamson, Luke Dorn, Jason King, Jamie Goddard, Mal Kaufausi, Mark Shipway, Anthony Watmough, Steve Menzies (c). Res - Aaron Cannings, Gary Winter, Chad Randall, Brad Kelly. Peter Sharp was the coach.

Brett Kimmorley kicked 7/8 that day for the Sharks. They must have scored 7 tries under the posts lol.

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/seasons/nrl-2002/round-19/northern-eagles-vs-sharks/summary.html

Last edited:
Thanks Holden - apologies my memory failed me on his debut. Great stats there.

I rated Luke Dorn so much as an attacking player with ball in hand but he couldn't tackle anything and from memory his kicking game was a bit avg but gee he could throw a footy.

Hurt his knee?

Ah well.... The all healing hands of the Dalai will fix all.

I was sitting on the hill at Brookie with a can of piss in one hand and a rat coffin in the other the sunday in 2002 that he made his debut against the sharkies.

He ran the length of the field for an amazing try and we all couldn't believe the pace on him.

Unfortunately We led 18-0 at halftime and then peachey blew us away in the 2nd half and we lost 44-18 or something like that.

I was at that game, too, JenEagle. First time I'd ever seen Watmough and wondered what a skinny kid with that much pace was doing playing in the second row.
If I'd known he'd eventually turn traitor and run off with the Dalai I would have booed him back then…

I was at that game, too, JenEagle. First time I'd ever seen Watmough and wondered what a skinny kid with that much pace was doing playing in the second row.
If I'd known he'd eventually turn traitor and run off with the Dalai I would have booed him back then…
I was at his first game against the Squall as well as the Cronulla game. I thought it was Cannings that made a long break that lead to a try?

I was very impressed with the early Chotox. A dynamic diamond in the rough.

Yeah just unfortunate he not moved on. Snake banter with dce shows hatchet been buried.
Choc gave me hammering on twitter for questioning him, I stand by my thoughts he should not be a life member it is that simple. Great player but his character to **** on club and made him when pissing on windows and so on club supported him.

Great start to the game. On the hill, haven't forgotten King's try, great run.

My memory of that day was Marcia Hines doing a re-make of the Eagle rock song and the Brooky Hill participated in singing the chorus.

I remember Manly starting that game so well, the bloody Harrigan ensured that the Sharks had all the ball and we were totally obliterated by Peachy ad Co. 46-22

Article on the smh website clippette

Which former NSW and Aus forward could be forced out his current club due to salary cap mismanagement

The popular veteran is contracted for 2016,but could be forced to finish his career in England because of his team's dire salary cap situation

I can only think of 2 former rep forwards and they were both ours

If Gifty he must be brought home

If Chotox which i find much more likey then
Lololololololol

The eels cap is an absolute shambles. When they signed foz in feb on the largest ever NRL contract on top of the massive multi year deal choc signed with a promise to resign Hoppa and were bragging about offering beau Scott a big deal everyone was suspicious and turns out that Seward was throwing money at everyone with no regard for the salary cap whatsoever.

The current situation is that with all of Foran's deal being counted under the cap they now can't pay Hoppa for next year and now have Beau Scott coming as well as Michael Gordon and have resigned so many of their current roster that something has to give.

I wonder what Watmough's reaction will be if Foran coming to the club forces him to England. He won't be so complementary of the Dalai then.

I think he does lose sleep. Write anything slightly critical of him on Twitter and he blocks you

Even if you don't he blocks you.

I've never criticised him or even mentioned him in a Tweet & I'm blocked.

Not sure how I can carry on with life!

excuse my ignorance jeneagle...but what's a rat coffin?
Meat pie. Usually one of the four and twenty ones in a packet you get at the footy. My understanding of the nickname and I maybe wrong is that they are bulk made with large volumes of less than A grade meat at factories and probably a rat or two has died on the way and made its way into the mixture.

They taste great though especially on the hill at brookie with the sun shining watching snake score a few four pointers.

Meat pie. Usually one of the four and twenty ones in a packet you get at the footy. My understanding of the nickname and I maybe wrong is that they are bulk made with large volumes of less than A grade meat at factories and probably a rat or two has died on the way and made its way into the mixture.

They taste great though especially on the hill at brookie with the sun shining watching snake score a few four pointers.
Lol...I suspected that.
as a former baker I have seen my share of things go into a mix that definately was not on the ingredients list...:sick:

Rat coffin is brilliant. I call them bull testicle cups

Lol...I suspected that.
as a former baker I have seen my share of things go into a mix that definately was not on the ingredients list...:sick:

I worked with a bloke years ago up at the King Reef resort in Kurrimine Beach, Nth Qld. Homer Perry, his name was. He looked after the grounds, I ran the TAB and pokies in the bar. He was a baker in Innisfail before that (took over from his Dad) and he reckons people would bring him hams at Easter to cook in the big bread ovens. He says they came back year after year to have their hams done as the bread ovens added flavour.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10