Watmough

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dan said:
He needs to go back to tuck and run whilst snake is out. However he needs to stop throwing the ball for the sake of it

Ladies would refer to this as the definition of sexual frustration.

Mods here would refer to this as a post on the brink of deletion.

Ryan would refer to this as a normal days events.

30 today!
Watmough has had his share of dumb moments but he doesn't have any pretensions and for all the matches I have watched I've never seen him to be a grubby player in any sense. Especially in recent years he seems to have matured and he always puts in 100% for Manly.

This story from a few years back illustrates the kind of bloke he is. He's a Manly champion.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/i-feared-for-my-mate-steve-matias-life-says-anthony-watmough/story-e6frexnr-1225821010206

No one here, reading the posts on this thread, believes that Choc should be left out of the team, nor doubting his passion and commitment to Manly RLFC.

I allow him 2 penalties against (for doing dumb things) and 2 knock-ons each game. He never fails to come up short.

After that, and it's normally in the first 15 minutes, he plays really well.

I think choc is a real chance of beating Lockyers record of 355 games. He will play his 300th next year and you could easy see him play another 2 seasons after next year.

Unfortunately because of his Origin selection, Choc will clock up 250 games for Manly at the equally ignoble venue, opposition and time of West Tigers at Scrambletown on a Monday night. Had the planets aligned he could have celebrated this milestone at Brookie on a Sunday arvo against the Titans. He deserves better.

Choc will become only the 5th player in our fine history to play 250 games for this great club. As Cambo says, he should be able to become only the second ever player to play 300 games for Manly (technically excluding Beaver unfortunately) and 2 more season should see him break Cliffy's record.

Chip and Chase said:
(technically excluding Beaver unfortunately) and 2 more season should see him break Cliffy's record.

I still don't get why this technicality doesn't also apply to players like lockyer who played some of his games in a separate comp (Aus super league). Why do the powers that be not classify the arl broncos and the super league broncos as two teams

MissKate said:
Chip and Chase said:
(technically excluding Beaver unfortunately) and 2 more season should see him break Cliffy's record.

I still don't get why this technicality doesn't also apply to players like lockyer who played some of his games in a separate comp (Aus super league). Why do the powers that be not classify the arl broncos and the super league broncos as two teams

Because we are Manly!

Chip and Chase said:
Unfortunately because of his Origin selection, Choc will clock up 250 games for Manly at the equally ignoble venue, opposition and time of West Tigers at Scrambletown on a Monday night. Had the planets aligned he could have celebrated this milestone at Brookie on a Sunday arvo against the Titans. He deserves better.

Choc will become only the 5th player in our fine history to play 250 games for this great club. As Cambo says, he should be able to become only the second ever player to play 300 games for Manly (technically excluding Beaver unfortunately) and 2 more season should see him break Cliffy's record.
This makes me more angrier than beavers situation.
Choc made his debut in 2002, the club was northern eagles in name only it was solely owned and run by manly, the nrl make us keep the northern eagles take for marketing and merchandising reasons.
Anthony watmough has only ever played for manly.

I'll never ever forget Choc being the first player to speak out and declare his support for Manly when De$ defected!

Despite his misgivings (dropped balls, giving penalties), no-one's perfect and Choc is Manly through & through - always has been a Sea Eagle and always will be!

CAMBO said:
This makes me more angrier than beavers situation.
Choc made his debut in 2002, the club was northern eagles in name only it was solely owned and run by manly, the nrl make us keep the northern eagles take for marketing and merchandising reasons.
Anthony watmough has only ever played for manly.

Nothing good came of the Northern Eagles disaster, except the final extinction of the Bears. However it could be argued that the Bears would have died anyway given they were insolvent and weren't going to be offered an NRL licence. I have more anger at us for being so stupid to even entertain the thought of a merger in the first place, biggest mistake ever. Why would we even contemplate helping those North Sydney losers.

Unfortunately the fall out extends beyond that to the players. We all know the effect it had on Menzies' records in particular. At least Choc only played 8 games for them so it's not a significant number.

He does make a few mistakes and does not play like he did a few years ago, but he would be the first player i would pick. He gives his all every game. I am a very biased Choc supporter, is he perfect, oh yes he is.

Don't forget that he is performing consistently well under duress due to a chronic pinched nerve in his neck. A similar problem contributed to the retirement of Andrew Johns , Gorden Tallis and Nathan Brown .

Chip and Chase said:

Nothing good came of the Northern Eagles disaster, except the final extinction of the Bears. However it could be argued that the Bears would have died anyway given they were insolvent and weren't going to be offered an NRL licence. I have more anger at us for being so stupid to even entertain the thought of a merger in the first place, biggest mistake ever. Why would we even contemplate helping those North Sydney losers.

We had no choice we had to do it. Superflop sent us broke too but the NRL offered about 7 or 8 million to merge and we always knew we would kill the bears part of the merger eventually. It was a smart move for us to do it so that we survived otherwise we would be gone now too.

MissKate said:
Chip and Chase said:

I've asked David Middleton this and he does, the NRL however doesn't.

Mybludog said:
Didn't Choc play a "milestone" game a couple after Matty Ballins 150 ?

Yes he played his 250th First Grade game, but because he debuted in 2002 for Northern Eagles, 8 of his games aren't technically for Manly Sea Eagles. So he will play 250 games for Manly in a couple of weeks all going well.

Kingy is in the same boat, 219 first grade games, 197 for Manly.

Choc was fantastic last night. Came close to scoring a couple of times. Such clear, straght, penetrating lines. I thought MOM. He'll be very tired until Sunday - maybe 2V can just hav him do 45 minutes.

DCE was good too.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4