• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Farewell drinks at lunchtime at the Yates pub in central Leeds. And guess who is joining us for post game beers......yep the Sea Eagles. A great goodbye for us. And yes all pretty pissed off with the ref. Anyway another great tour is almost over and if you didn't make it in 09 or 12 make sure you do if we get another chance, it's a ball of fun.

Mark, I've been reading your blog the past week & I'm glad you've had a good time in Leeds. Before I went to the game last night, I put Sky Sports News and they had Manly fans on previewing the match, the first guy looked the double of you, was it?

Nothing like having a few farewell drinks at the AP before boarding. First lot will be home Monday morning

Landed back in Oz early today, well 14 of the 43 that went at least. The rest are continuing the party!!!

Hope you have all enjoyed the blog?

Sounds like you all had a ball. enjoy the jetlag and being back in reality :)

agreed.

sounds like you need to budget as much for drinking as for travel and accommodation

awesome still

You'd be really really surprised.....everyone of us commented on how cheap things were.

Some examples

Beers (Pint)....from about $3.00 to no more than $5.00.

There were double pints on offer at the WCC game for GBP 4.00 so about $7.00...thats equal to FOUR middies.

Many pubs offered shots for GBP 1.50...so say $2.20......the young guys went mad on these.

Food in pubs, most had 2 for 1 offers, so as long as there were two of you a meal was just GBP 3, or say $4.50

I went out one night to a flash restaurant with 3 others, we had a couple of beers each, an entree and a main course and a bottle of red wine....the total came to GBP 72.00, we gave them an 8 pound top and made it 20 each..that's about $30.

Merchandise.....about 1/3 of the costs here, club Jerseys (mostly ISC) are about 30-40 GBP...so say no more than $65.

We went to Man U (at Old Trafford) and many bought supporters gear there, again around 1/3 of the same here.

You'd be VERY surprised and I'd say most people would have brought home half or more of the funds they took.

Due to the depressed economy and the strength of our dollar it's a bargain destination.

Its our last night in London tonight. London is awesome. Great city with lots to see and do. Jumping on the train to Paris tomorrow morning :)

Any Paris st germain jerseys around in Paris from the superleague era? Thought not, lol ribot.

I am back at work today but thought I'd give you a brief outline of what the tour group did in the UK.

Saturday 11th Feb

Arrival day, welcome drinks, with Dave Perry COO, Coaches Toovey and Matt Parish and Football Manager Steve Gigg, also new media manager Rachel Cassidy. Lots of drinks, watched the Rhino's play Wigan on Sky Sports and a really a great start to the trip.

Sunday 12th Feb

Warrington V London Bronco's at Warrington. Pretty big day, lunch at a supporter pub across the road from the stadium and then off to the game. The BG surprise for all was that we were seated with the Sea Eagles players who had come to watc the game as well.

Monday 13th

Manchester for the day with the highpoint a visit to Old Trafford, a fair few spent a motza at the shop.

Tuesday 14th

Was meant to be a free day but we added a training session in, many will have seen the video on MWSE of this...great morning.

AND then one gigantic piss up at the Hour Glass pub with tour host Darrell Williams from midday to aboutt midnight, one of the best days on the tour.

Wednesday 15th

Liverpool, for a Beatles Tour and a quick visit to Anfield home of Liverpool FC.

Thursday 16th

Guided tour of Headingly by Rhino's boss Gary Hetherington (everyone enjoyed this) and then the civic reception in the town hall (both teams attended).

Dinner that night at the famous George Hotel in Huddersfield (home of Rugby League) with some special guests including some past English players AND the guy who was the ref for the first ever SOO game in 1980 (can't remember his name).

Friday 17th

WCC Day......big buildup and some very excited tour members.

Incredible atmosphere and chanting from the Rhino's fans at the game and of course we lost which wasn't the fairytale we had all hoped for.

Dissapointed that despite us singing and waving our many flags that Sky Sports concentrated on Zorba's group and I don;t think we got on TV once but that happens I suppoose....although it was really funny as they just sat in their seats and it was our group that was "going off"

Saturday 18th

It was farewell to most, but some came home and for those that stayed it was time for one last English Pub and a few pints and we were lucky enough to pick the same pub as the players were having their post match drinks, so a chance for a real good chat with the boys plus Tooves before we left.

And that was the week that was, sadly over way too quickly!!

All in all we had 43 go over from Australia for the tour, and another 8 "locals" joined us for the game.

I think Zorba's tour had about 18 or 19.

And we did run into some other people that had just made their own way over, plus I beleive the Fanatics out of London had a coach load of people there as well (although must admit to not seeing them at all).

I think everyone enjoyed themseleves, and many may add to my comments.

To those that were thinking about coming (and didn't) can I say you missed one of the best opportunities to support the team offshore.

The people who came will remain friends for a long time (as do those that went on the 09 tour), we all shared something very special.

I do hope you enjoyed this blog and got a feel for what it was like on tour.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8