We are a bottom 6 side - Seibs is proud

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
There won't be any Manly supporter proud of the performance of the team this year. They have underperformed. We are a team that relies too heavily on two players, DCE and Turbo, and we know why we have struggled.
But just how many of the 17 clubs' fans would be proud? I'd say not that many: Penrith, Worriers, Newcastle, 'Fins, possibly Melbourne . . . but I'd reckon the remainder would believe their clubs have underperformed.

We'll end up 14th-15th in my opinion, and honestly, that exceeded expectations, because I'm pretty sure I said 15th-16th.

We’ll get the same garbage next year. I thought Barrett was an oxygen thief of a coach but Seidud is right on par with him. We’ll be battling for the spoon next year. The fact he picks Woods and Ben Turbo is astonishing. Both are plodders and would struggle for Blacktown.

If you are happy with this, you are part of the problem, we have DEFINITELY LOST OUR IDENTIT, no longer are we that force we used to be. Seibold is not the coach we need, we need a new owner maybe delete toovey ticket.
i see nothing Manly in this organization
how the mighty fall
four players on a nearly a million and more and we don’t play finals. Are clubs do just fine when they get injuries.
schuster and Jake and turbo well over paid. And DCE at least he is giving it all without him how bad could we be.????
joke is on us.

Teams performances are really hard to pick. We’re as good s chance of winning all the remaining games as we are losing them.

Depends which Warriors side shows up, you just don't know with them. But I'd expect we win the other two games. Or am I still living in delusion. Or maybe it depends on which Manly team turns up I should say!

A very disappointing season. Poor form. poor structure, poor fitness and poor discipline and disseminated by injury. Outside of injuries all of these deficiencies should have and could have been addressed this season and were not.

On a manly forum we all love our team and a fair bit more hope is sprinkled on expectations than in the general public is my thought

Reported, we were a split camp with manager issues compounding our consistent lack of form, resilience, and patience. Maybe thats healed somewhat .

I think 2024 is showing a slight improvement ( hope again i know ) , but maybe seibs who is actually involved has seen an improvement is some basic attitudes,

schuster aside it seems, you only talk up your side . I presume the schuster noise is to mount pressure on him moving on

also No team owned the byes like we did. Im proud of that too.

Weren't we a bottom 6 side last year... With a different coach?

Just sayin’
That's like comparing apples and oranges mate.

Last year we were sitting ninth with a plus eighteen f/a before rainbow gate hit.
Last year we had Turbo for seven games

This year there has been no major off field blow up for the coach/team to deal with.
This year we had Turbo for eleven games.

I can't fathom how people just continue to gloss over these FACTS like they don't exist.

I hope Siebold can turn it around, but I'm not overly confident he will.

Edit- We were also robbed blind in two matches last season. The game against the Eels was especially hard to swallow as we lost Tom for the season that night.

Last edited:
Certainly quite a contrast between almost top four level performances against the Storm , Eels earlier on and slightly latter against the Raiders . Then those very ordinary outcomes against the Broncs, Titans , Eels and Roosters [ both 2 nd time ] to name a few
Then those closer results against the Bunnies and Knights [ twice ] . Better outcomes there could have had Manly really pushing for a top 8 spot which would have been a pretty fair effort then allowing for some quite serious injury setbacks but just to make up the numbers primarily also in the general sense
Usually can rate Manly "s prospects how they go against the Broncs in a normal season and just like last season , well of the pace . But overall definitely frustrating that the side did have the capabilities full strength to match the front runners but also then combined with that general inconsistency , not a lot to be pleased about .. even taking into account injury factors
Hopefully the side can really put in for the remaining games and to give some better outlook progressing into next season

Certainly quite a contrast between almost top four level performances against the Storm , Eels earlier on and slightly latter against the Raiders . Then those very ordinary outcomes against the Broncs, Titans , Eels and Roosters [ both 2 nd time ] to name a few
Then those closer results against the Bunnies and Knights [ twice ] . Better outcomes there could have had Manly really pushing for a top 8 spot which would have been a pretty fair effort then allowing for some quite serious injury setbacks but just to make up the numbers primarily also in the general sense
Usually can rate Manly "s prospects how they go against the Broncs in a normal season and just like last season , well of the pace . But overall definitely frustrating that the side did have the capabilities full strength to match the front runners but also then combined with that general inconsistency , not a lot to be pleased about .. even taking into account injury factors
Hopefully the side can really put in for the remaining games and to give some better outlook progressing into next season
The next three games will be telling Al. If we win all of them, then this season suddenly becomes much better overall and we head into next year riding a wave of optimism. If we lose all three, then this season will go down as a complete failure, piling on the pressure to Siebold.

Teams performances are really hard to pick. We’re as good s chance of winning all the remaining games as we are losing them.
Bulldogs, that's a win surely, Tigers, a real danger game even at home. A win in NZ would be something else, worth noting tho, we have a pretty good win ratio playing them in NZ.

The next three games will be telling Al. If we win all of them, then this season suddenly becomes much better overall and we head into next year riding a wave of optimism. If we lose all three, then this season will go down as a complete failure, piling on the pressure to Siebold.
As you have kind of pointed out, the inconsistency of the draw, when and how often you play the pretenders is a pretty big factor, yet to be determined when you consider we still have 2 to play

Without some mongrel in the forwards x 2, we are going no where. DCE and Brookes cant do it on there own, if the forwards just aren't good enough. Woods FFS cant be kept, his days are well and truely over in the NRL. I still think we lack in the centres, but happy for the new guys and those going around again in 2024 to prove me wrong.

Why wouldn't he be happy

Better result than his last coaching job at the Broncos where they finished last

His game plan last thursday shows he has no idea

Kicking to the panthers on the first tackle and and therefore giving them back the ball ranks as one of the dumbest tactical decisions ever by a coach

If we had played our normal game we probably would have beaten them

But give them extra ball from dumb kicks in our own 20 metre zone and they will beat anyone

It is pretty hard for a coach to fail at the broncos, how many warning signs do the brains trust at manly need. The players bought into Seibold this year and they still flopped. Next year when the brand new car isn't so new we will see the wheels fall off. Have some common sense, pay him out and get a new coach.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8