We are a bottom 6 side - Seibs is proud

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The Title of this thread is based on Seibolds proud pressers in proudly praising his losing teams performances

To suggest that the head coach is not accountable for his teams performance is Gullible
and Defending the Defeated and Undefendable
Get your facts right, @BOZO.

As I said, nowhere has he - Seibold - been quoted as saying that he is "proud that we are currently in the bottom six."

That's what the headline of this thread says.

Who is suggesting that the head coach is not accountable for his team's performance?????

I wasn't saying that our coach has NO accountability, but I did say that the majority of the accountability rests with the players.

For example -
Tom - no-where near his best this year, in the games that he did play. Big factor.
Reuben - has tried hard, flashes of good, nothing in the elite class.
Koula - lots of defensive misses to go go with the odd break.
Scorpio - looks even slower this year, probably playing injured.
Saab - rocks and diamonds this year.
Tuipolotu - mistakes when in possession, slow playing the ball
Schuster - often flustered, picking wrong options, not playing 'tough' often enough. Seems to run out of puff.
DCE - often carrying the show on his own these days
Paseka - can be damaging - need more output
Croaker - needs to be quicker out of dummy half
Aloiai - looks like he is playing injured every week, lacks impact
Keppie - lacks lateral movement and needs to think about his game more
Sipley - lacks the 'motor' of an elite prop
Bullemor - seems to get fatigued after too many minutes in the middle
Woods - way, way, way too slow hitting the line
Jake - has broken maybe one tackle in 3 years
Hamole - run into spaces if you can, mate, not at 3 players all the time
Tuilagi - get more involved and uptempo in your game
Burbo - work on your speed from a standing start, too slow to hit top gear
Lawton - injured...........again
Matterson - seems useful, too early to call
Lodge - good, hard carries - slow to turn around and get back in the defensive line
Weekes - showed a lot of early promise, lost confidence, drifted out of the team

I am neither gullible nor a defender of the indefensible!!

This year the club has a new centre of excellence for training, and a smorgasboard of coaches for every conceivable thing - attack defense, etc. Seibold, Flannagan, Dymock, Hales, etc have all been around a while and all offer different things. Let alone all the others who offer their two cents worth on a regular basis - Brett Stewart and Mark Carroll amongst them.

I'm sure many of us have seen varying Manly players looking 'gassed' by the 60 minute mark, causing holes to open up in the defense around the ruck and out wide. If the players concerned don't have the insight to work on their individual fitness - to not only compete in first grade but to dominate - then we will get a bottom 6 team.

While the coaching staff have a responsibility to be the best they can be, so do the players - the whole @#$%^&* squad of 30 players.

Get your facts right, @BOZO.

As I said, nowhere has he - Seibold - been quoted as saying that he is "proud that we are currently in the bottom six."

That's what the headline of this thread says.

Who is suggesting that the head coach is not accountable for his team's performance?????

I wasn't saying that our coach has NO accountability, but I did say that the majority of the accountability rests with the players.

For example -
Tom - no-where near his best this year, in the games that he did play. Big factor.
Reuben - has tried hard, flashes of good, nothing in the elite class.
Koula - lots of defensive misses to go go with the odd break.
Scorpio - looks even slower this year, probably playing injured.
Saab - rocks and diamonds this year.
Tuipolotu - mistakes when in possession, slow playing the ball
Schuster - often flustered, picking wrong options, not playing 'tough' often enough. Seems to run out of puff.
DCE - often carrying the show on his own these days
Paseka - can be damaging - need more output
Croaker - needs to be quicker out of dummy half
Aloiai - looks like he is playing injured every week, lacks impact
Keppie - lacks lateral movement and needs to think about his game more
Sipley - lacks the 'motor' of an elite prop
Bullemor - seems to get fatigued after too many minutes in the middle
Woods - way, way, way too slow hitting the line
Jake - has broken maybe one tackle in 3 years
Hamole - run into spaces if you can, mate, not at 3 players all the time
Tuilagi - get more involved and uptempo in your game
Burbo - work on your speed from a standing start, too slow to hit top gear
Lawton - injured...........again
Matterson - seems useful, too early to call
Lodge - good, hard carries - slow to turn around and get back in the defensive line
Weekes - showed a lot of early promise, lost confidence, drifted out of the team

I am neither gullible nor a defender of the indefensible!!

This year the club has a new centre of excellence for training, and a smorgasboard of coaches for every conceivable thing - attack defense, etc. Seibold, Flannagan, Dymock, Hales, etc have all been around a while and all offer different things. Let alone all the others who offer their two cents worth on a regular basis - Brett Stewart and Mark Carroll amongst them.

I'm sure many of us have seen varying Manly players looking 'gassed' by the 60 minute mark, causing holes to open up in the defense around the ruck and out wide. If the players concerned don't have the insight to work on their individual fitness - to not only compete in first grade but to dominate - then we will get a bottom 6 team.

While the coaching staff have a responsibility to be the best they can be, so do the players - the whole @#$%^&* squad of 30 players.
good post

Good point Tragic. Revealing that this is a bottom 6 roster.

I just don’t think the team is very good. Even our “best” players - let’s go through them.

Garrick - good but nothing soecail

Koula - a faster version of Brian Kelly - total lightweight in effort and impact on the line.

DCE - proven star but he Is one player

Jake - good but he is Josh Jackson in disguise

Ola - good but he breaks the line in junk time or against weaker teams. Unproven against the top clubs to create anything, particularly over the last two years.

Ummm -I’m at the end of the list. The rest are Blacktown players or have I forgotten someone?.

NYEagle
What about the rest of the other player assessments, surely they can't be all bad..lol.

Only good thing to come out of season 2023 is Manly finally beat the Dragons in Wollongong. Other then that is year is yet again another failure. 😔

The table does not lie.

We are in this position because our club continues to take short cuts in our recruitment and retention.

For four seasons now we had a makeshift 9 who has punched well about his weight and done a great job and we are miles behind our rivals as we do not have any thrust from dummy half and we are continually beaten in the ruck.

We invested in a whole bunch of Western Sydney kids and a lot of that has turned sour.

We need people who are committed to our club.

Watching the whole Fainu fiasco has just about done us. We waited in false hope that a boy would beat the wrap of what he did and have allowed this kids siblings to walk away continuing the awful trend that we do NOT look after our juniors and we are unable to really sign any guns as our money is invested in 3 key players, one who is a veteran, another who is continually injured and we are now a laughing stock as we learn about how the club invested in a potential half, allowed a legend who never wanted to leave depart and we are stuck with a guy who just does not have it.

When the club starts properly investing in the team and fixes some of these problem it will not change.

Why on earth have we permitted an assistant coach to carry on when he is actively working for this next role. We accepted second best! This is not our way!

Bottom 6 side with a bullet and Seibs is saying he is proud.
Being proud of mediocrity breeds worse.

Who else is proud of being a bottom 6 side? Not me.
You'd have a point if he was a coach who didn't drop players or promote unknowns from reserve grade to reward them for effort, but Seibold, whatever his failings (and we all have em) has shown he does do those things.
So no problem with him being proud when the payers do make a big effort.

You'd have a point if he was a coach who didn't drop players or promote unknowns from reserve grade to reward them for effort, but Seibold, whatever his failings (and we all have em) has shown he does do those things.
So no problem with him being proud when the payers do make a big effort.

Yea right. Promoting Woods and leaving Fainu and Condon to rot in NSW cup.

I think the title is accurate whilst your points are technically correct I have not heard Seibs acknowledge the reality of our situation ( currently a bottom 6 team) but rather embellish isolated achievements at times.
Exactly, can you imagine Craig Bellamy saying he was proud in similar circumstances? I recall on those occassions when the Storm performed badly without their Origin stars, he let his disgust be known that the players had let the jersey down. Big difference!

The table does not lie.

We are in this position because our club continues to take short cuts in our recruitment and retention.

For four seasons now we had a makeshift 9 who has punched well about his weight and done a great job and we are miles behind our rivals as we do not have any thrust from dummy half and we are continually beaten in the ruck.

We invested in a whole bunch of Western Sydney kids and a lot of that has turned sour.

We need people who are committed to our club.

Watching the whole Fainu fiasco has just about done us. We waited in false hope that a boy would beat the wrap of what he did and have allowed this kids siblings to walk away continuing the awful trend that we do NOT look after our juniors and we are unable to really sign any guns as our money is invested in 3 key players, one who is a veteran, another who is continually injured and we are now a laughing stock as we learn about how the club invested in a potential half, allowed a legend who never wanted to leave depart and we are stuck with a guy who just does not have it.

When the club starts properly investing in the team and fixes some of these problem it will not change.

Why on earth have we permitted an assistant coach to carry on when he is actively working for this next role. We accepted second best! This is not our way!
Not to mention signing a surplus of halves, when what we need are forwards and a good 9.

The anticipation of GCKT having some role to play or signing a good 9 from another club was all for nothing. Next year we will still have Croker as the 9 and four plodder forwards on the bench.
And it will continue on for a few years like it has.

Last edited:
I re
We’ll get the same garbage next year. I thought Barrett was an oxygen thief of a coach but Seidud is right on par with him. We’ll be battling for the spoon next year. The fact he picks Woods and Ben Turbo is astonishing. Both are plodders and would struggle for Blacktown.
I would say Burbo is therebecause he can cover both as a forward and as a centre, as for Woods, our front rowers have been decimated with injuries

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10