We are a bottom 6 side - Seibs is proud

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Ryan

Journey Man
I see this statement a fair bit on here.

What exactly is it you’re doing to demonstrate you will not put up with mediocrity?

I think it's a mindset mate. The problem with all that is everyone is entitled to their opinions as well, and nobody is right or wrong, we all just love our club in our own individual ways.

There are some fans, that remain content, upbeat and positive regardless of the results. There are others (like me), that get ridiculously emotional and unbalanced, and need to vent to release some of the pressure. Then there are fans, that no matter what the club does, it's perfect in every single way.

@XV-1 obviously wants, and he's decided to demand he wants something bigger and better for us. I actually also find him very supportive and positive when it comes to the club (well, we are ALL supportive tbh).

I think demonstrating someone is not putting up with the mediocrity, is what and how they vocalize things. How they watch the games. How plugged in, or turned off they are. How much they feel connected to the team. etc etc etc.

Anyways, I'm dribbling.

I just don't like people (others, not you) having a go at fans like XV-1, for wanting things to turn around. I honestly don't get it. I think that's where the term toxic positivity comes from.

Pete W

Bencher
For all the people who have bagged Des, he's only missed the finals a total of 4 times.

First when he started here, second when the Bulldogs went to rubbish, third when the Hooker started hooking people with a knife, and finally when the club went behind him to forge a divide between the players and sabotage a side that would've made the Top 8. Every other time he made the finals.

If Seibold doesn't make the 8 this season, not only will his last finals game remain a 58-0 loss, but it'll be over 5 years ago, and he would've missed the finals more than he's made them. If he sticks around for 2025 he very well could match Des's finals misses across his 20 years of coaching, in just 6 seasons. For a "results driven business" I don't know if Mestrov and Penn are committed enough to that motto to actually base their decisions on them.

What's this article where Penn says we are "building"? Didn't he say that we have a premiership roster when he sacked Des, and hence his results were unacceptable...

The double standards shown by Mestrov and Penn are ridiculous. Mestrov seems a great guy and a great manager but has he ever managed something as competitive as an NRL side? He's been neutered by Seibold's nice guy status. I think Seibold is a great guy, and honestly I'd like him as an assistant, but as the head coach he clearly has deficiencies. Everyone had already said that about Seibold before he came, and no one said that about Des before he left, and yet here we are.
But Seibold came with the best recommendations from... the Broncos hierarchy lol. Penn is an a absolute disgrace

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
If we do not beat Melbourne this week and the Bulldogs beat Saints and Cowboys beat Wests, Manly will be officially 12th with a bullet.

But don't worry guys, Seibs will still be proud 👏 🤮
This is looking likely with the Koula out.

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
But Seibold came with the best recommendations from... the Broncos hierarchy lol. Penn is an a absolute disgrace
You can see why other clubs’ senior figures laugh at Penn the American, behind his back.

He was sold the ‘Barrett carrot’ and now the ‘Seibold? I’m sold!’ line.

Prior to all that he saw off Des. I mean how dare Hasler demand the resources he needed to keep the club competitive? What a cheek from a two time premiership winning coach! Then Penn did it again, 11 years later, apparently for different reasons, largely of his own making, inadvertently or otherwise.

In between, he had the admirable Toovey worked over by friends in the media, kicking an ‘own goal’ in the process. Whereas if they had backed Toovey to the hilt, Manly probably make the semis in 2015, thus improving the private owners’ bottom line. Nice one. Bringing us back to Barrett…

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
What do we want coaches to say publicly about team and individuals when pissed off.

does anyone think the shaming of schuster by coach and captain would have been good for the team . Recently the inquire into Keith Tittmus only highlights how inapproaprite it was, and how other players who support shoe would feel. It just made you get a little bit of vomit

no one else does it , its not accepted standards within the industry. Media sure, but team press conferences

I think we are a team of professionals and less of a team at Manly

Ryan

Journey Man
You can see why other clubs’ senior figures laugh at Penn the American, behind his back.

He was sold the ‘Barrett carrot’ and now the ‘Seibold? I’m sold!’ line.

Prior to all that he saw off Des. I mean how dare Hasler demand the resources he needed to keep the club competitive? What a cheek from a two time premiership winning coach! Then Penn did it again, 11 years later, apparently for different reasons, largely of his own making, inadvertently or otherwise.

In between, he had the admirable Toovey worked over by friends in the media, kicking an ‘own goal’ in the process. Whereas if they had backed Toovey to the hilt, Manly probably make the semis in 2015, thus improving the private owners’ bottom line. Nice one. Bringing us back to Barrett…

Hey, there ARE positives. We don't have to scroll up anymore when we look at an NRL table haha. Less clicks, means more time !

47MVEagle

Bencher
Bitching on Silvertails of course.

I am not even going to watch tomorrow nights match live - will be at the pub enjoying myself. I am sick and tired of watching this badly coached team play.
It’s just that you claimed madmax was happy for us to be a bottom whatever team & said it was a POS attitude.

I think that’s pretty harsh given he was only saying he’s loyal to the team regardless.

You wouldn’t like it if someone called you a fairweather fan because you refuse to watch us play when we’re going through a rough patch, would you?

Enjoy the pub tonight, I’ll be at the ground cheering the boys on.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Only thing I can do is not be a member.
Retain your high Manly Standards , Remain a Proud and Loyal Club Member of the Manly Club that you love and hurt for and be the Inspiration feathered friend
Manly Club Members are the SPIRIT of our Legendary club . They are the Voice and the Vision and History has proven over our leanest years that the Manly SPIRIT has Never given up and has Always Prevailed
We need Manly Club Members with high standards like YOU !!!!
20240524_154117.jpg

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
It’s just that you claimed madmax was happy for us to be a bottom whatever team & said it was a POS attitude.

I think that’s pretty harsh given he was only saying he’s loyal to the team regardless.

You wouldn’t like it if someone called you a fairweather fan because you refuse to watch us play when we’re going through a rough patch, would you?

Pffftt fair weather fans aren't fans at all - note numbers at Souths games recently.

I'd rather be at the ground with you cheering the boys on, win lose or draw.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
tonight, I’ll be at the ground cheering the boys on.
Good on you and God Bless your Loyal Manly Soul feathered friend
Our Great Manly Way motto is not defined by Manly Quitters on or off the field

A quote that epitomizes the Great Manly Way Spirit
*Where the battle rages, there the loyalty of the soldier is proved and prevails *
Martin Luther King

Last edited:

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I'd rather be at the ground with you cheering the boys on, win lose or draw.
Never cheer when we lose and Endorse our Proud club being defeated and our Legendary Maroon colours lowered

Always Maintain your Manly Dignity and your high Manly Standards feathered friend

1716531079228.png

XV-1

First Grader

Fuken idiot

I come and watch the last 3 minutes of the first half.
Try Melbourne.

R u fuukken kidding. Do we ever learn?

court83

Bencher
I too didn't bother watching last night.. I don't regret it either .. wife wanted to go out and see a band, and after the last few weeks of manly garbage I decided my time would be better spent going with her and having a good night out ..

Glad manly won, glad they showed some heart, but again, this is one of my main gripes with this team... Show up against the likes of storm and Panthers, but get rolled by useless hacks like the raiders (missing 3/4 of their spine) dragons, dolphins (with their best guys out), broncos with 3/4 of their spine out etc etc etc

Been doing it for years, put effort in against top teams and play absolutely deplorably against no hoper teams

frank stokes

I discriminate indiscriminately
I too didn't bother watching last night.. I don't regret it either .. wife wanted to go out and see a band, and after the last few weeks of manly garbage I decided my time would be better spent going with her and having a good night out ..

Glad manly won, glad they showed some heart, but again, this is one of my main gripes with this team... Show up against the likes of storm and Panthers, but get rolled by useless hacks like the raiders (missing 3/4 of their spine) dragons, dolphins (with their best guys out), broncos with 3/4 of their spine out etc etc etc

Been doing it for years, put effort in against top teams and play absolutely deplorably against no hoper teams
I take your point about the annoyance of inconsistent effort/results but, to be fair, it is only two seasons ago that we were beating up on the crap teams but everyone was saying we are not a realistic chance because we could not beat a top 4 side…

So I guess that means we ARE a realistic chance now…

Pete W

Bencher
I take your point about the annoyance of inconsistent effort/results but, to be fair, it is only two seasons ago that we were beating up on the crap teams but everyone was saying we are not a realistic chance because we could not beat a top 4 side…

So I guess that means we ARE a realistic chance now…
Seems the next step in this progression is beating a top tier team away from Brookie.

After that, consistency of performance.

I guess that means we're about half way there.

XV-1

First Grader
26-20 baybee!

It must have been because you weren’t watching!

Keep up the good work by not tolerating mediocrity!View attachment 27143

I watched the match today. Good win, although we tried to spoon it with stupid errors in the last 7 minutes, but good D at the end.

Good to Seibs is reading my posts and trying not to be mediocre 😁

That said, Melbourne were schiit with the ball in hand and so many " Manly Like " handling errors.

Hopefully we learn and get better.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16