We are being hammered in the media.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Referring to another forum as somewhat of a source?

Darren your comedy act gets better and better

Kevinward777 said:
The media have started their anti Manly reporting in the hope we'll lose all three players put on report for at least next week. Madge Mcguire has come out to condemn Fa'aoso and Jason King.....I am starting to really dislike him with a similar intensity to Craig Bellamy.

Soffs have the worse fan base pack of whingers, that play hard done by - have a history of it.
Remember Jason Taylor as their coach - bluddy whinging excuse for every game they lost ...and there was a lot they lost.

Now Madge Maquire - arking up.

Soffs = Dogs = Melbourne :mad:

We kept trying to smash them off the park and stupid carry on in the play the balls and general play. As mentioned by many other fans we are known as being a grubby team and last night didn't show any different. We looked foolish and Souths looked like champs.

It was obvious at half time the way we were playing we would get beat. The cheap points in the end (it was 20-0) just made it look closer. As I read, Manly played different to their usual style and many other fans couldn't understand why we didn't play our usual up tempo game. Maybe the size of the Rabbits intimidated us.

DCE and King Foran didn't step up on a Friday night big game and at home in front of a packed Brookie. Jamie Lyon just seemed to be on camera all night whinging at stuff that was pretty obvious. He even suggested a square up to the ref. Having the captain saying this stuff looked pretty ordinary and dead set rattled. It also could have been not dominating against noted "has been" Bronx Goodwin that made him yap alot. A bit more concentration would help.

Brett, Steve and Ritchie plays also gave penalties away when we didn't need them. Brett picking on the smallest guy on the field with a cheap shot elbow was embarrassing and just at the time we had six and in their quarter.

Great crowd and hopefully just an off night for the boys.

He ain't that big but cheap shot against Everingham and remember many fans haven't forgotten him running in from the side against Blair (woops) when he was tied up with Glenn in the Storm game. Brett needs to be careful about this type of play.

Darren said:
He ain't that big but cheap shot against Everingham and remember many fans haven't forgotten him running in from the side against Manu when he was tied up with Glenn in the Storm game. Brett needs to be careful about this type of play.

I don't remember Manu even playing in that game.

Darren said:
Brett picking on the smallest guy on the field with a cheap shot elbow was embarrassing

Andrew Everingham 189cm and 92kg v Brett Stewart 184cm and 92 kg
Isaac Luke 174 cm and 89 kg
Nathan Merritt 181cm and 90kg
Adam Reynolds 173cm and 85kg

Making things up, or lying, doesn't get your point across any stronger.

sorry, Everingham just looked the smallest, skinniest guy on the paddock. He doesn't look that big. I didn't have the exact stats like you had. I would have regarded Everingham as in the smaller category against backs like Jorge or GI.

Why a ban Global?

Ok Darren, elaborate on this grubby play then ?

It seems in these PC days, people see aggressive play as grubby play, and it is rubbish

Some more things from your post

Intimidation ? Sorry mate that is still crap. If people are intimidated they back away and go timid, I didn't see any of that from our forwards, who also made a truckload more metres than theirs

The constant cracks you have at Lyon as laughable as well. But if you wanna have a crack at him, at least get the name of his opponent right !! Lol. And who outside yourself has ever called Goodwin a has been ?

Darren said:
Get on League Unlimited and it's much worse and a lot of it was deserved. We played stupid last night and amde to look like chumps. Game plan out the window. We were totally intimidated and forgot to play footy. New we would get beat at half time. Reminded me of Storm 2007 GF. We occasionally play this way.

C'mon Darren. Get fair dinkum mate. I've often agreed with your unpopular posts and defended the view you have taken. But seriously, intimitated... I think not. The bounce of the ball goes the other way and we win last night. It was just one of those nights. Don't get me wrong, credit to Souths, they played exceptionally well. After the first half, I honestly thought we had their measure. But a 7 minute period and they skipped away. Apart from this it was a very willing contest from two sides that will be in the top 4.
Your post Darren, borders on farcical mate.

The intimidation in changing the way to try and knock them out. We should have been strong enough to stay with our game plan but compared to other weeks it wasn't there. KE, I always mention how well Lyon goes (see many previous posts) and Brett!! Souths seemed to play more "like Manly" last night than Manly. (up tempo)

At 20-0 we looked lost and a few late tries evened it up (and some penalties as well)

With the correct call it was 14-6 and right in the game. I didn't think we were lost at all tbh

To me it looked like a fairly consistent gameplan we used and it was stuck too. We played well, but just lacked a bit of polish

I agree that Souths played well, but I can't see how they were that much better than us. Let's look at their 3 tries, a nicely setup play finished off by their superstar, great effort. A 1 on 1 miss from Fa'aoso, and a try from a bomb that most of the time would have gone forward off Merrits hands.
It's not like they blew us off the park with amazing attack and our defence was poor, they were just good enough on the night to take the little chances they were given, whereas we werent good enough to make the most of ours

6-2 line breaks in our favour shows that we were on the right path with attack imo, just not the execution

**** souths, , there idiot one sided fans, lu the bunch of idiots and the dicks in the media.

It was a great high intensity game. Apart from snake, **** goes wrong in tackles.

They can all be jealous of this great Club.

Darren, did Snake have a gun or a knife on him last night that you saw? I can't see what the fuss is. All I saw was an elbow nudge. Not a good look, I agree and uncharacteristic but hardly anything terrible.
Also, when Snake ran in against Melbourne he did so because Blair was smashing his brother in the face. I have girls but if I had boys I'd hope the brothers would be there for each other.
Sam Burgess got all fiesty last night because Matai smashed his brother in a perfectly legal and excellent tackle...well at least IMO.
Families stick up for each other and sometimes it gets heated. That's life.

Darren said:
sorry, Everingham just looked the smallest, skinniest guy on the paddock. He doesn't look that big. I didn't have the exact stats like you had. I would have regarded Everingham as in the smaller category against backs like Jorge or GI.

Why a ban Global?

What about Sam Burgess picking on poor little Stevie Matai?

Darren may be aliitle over excited but don't need to smash him.

I don't think they were that much better only one good try , impeded but got awarded when ours didn't ( bad decision. )

But very silly / disappointed with bretts elbow ( there was intend , could be missing 2 weeks )

Critical penalties killed us at crucial times such as their back to back tries with the penalty in the middle of that and most importantly our attack was lost when in their 20m , dce try was lucky defenders stopped thinking there was a knock on.

If that's their best game we have nothing to worry about when meet again.

Ps. Intimadated ??? No way we matched and beat their forwards ( attack/defense ). I'm still gobsmacked with all those positive stats we had and lost

Jase has finally washed Darren's brain expect to see them together at souffs next game at a stadium skipping in holding hands singing glory glory

Some pea brain commentator on ABC radio reckons Matai should go for a shoulder charge as well. What a **** wit. No idea, wasn't even close to a shoulder charge he hit him with his arms.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Lmao, we were intimidated ? Please explain

This stuff about us going looking for a fight etc is absolute garbage, who threw the 1st punch ?

The difference between the 2 sides, was they took every one of their limited chances and we didn't finish ours off. We hardly played as poor as some want to suggest

That shows up in the 6-2 line break stat in our favour, the difference being Inglis finished their break off and Taufua and co weren't good enough to finish ours.
Defence wise we hit harder and missed half the tackles they did, again they took their opportunities, we didn't

Too true

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4