We are the Silvertails

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I saw that sign Dan, but don't know the supporter.

I hate ANZ. The only good seat I have had was when I went with Ryno in a corporate box, but it still garbage compared to Brookie or SFS. This year I am going GA Cat 4 with the Manly fans and that will just have to do.

Matabele link said:
Who had the sign asking Vidmar for sandwiches?

BrookieGreg had the sarnies sign
Don't know who had the other Silvertails sign but didn't see it?
Whereabouts was it in the ground and I'll see if I can find out?

Looked like it was near the beer shed on the hill from memory.

Have to get the beat the drum competition going next season :)

Might have missed the other sign because for most of the second half Vid and I had our hands full trying to stop 2 knuckleheads directly in front of us who were hellbent on starting a fight. Missed plenty of the action as the Titans had repeat sets on Manly's line in last 20 mins.....bloody dimwits

I reckon Vid's fave spot is a health hazard in more ways than one because I must have smoked (passively) about 6 packets of cigarettes in the time that I was up there...maybe that's why we missed the sign...obscured by clouds?  ???

I think this is the last season when smoking will be allowed at Brookie.  They'll demand clean feet next.

Come early 2010 and Christina Kirsch and her crew will be calling for that pooch walking track, a few bbq's and a dozen picnic tables and they will start tearing the stands down. The only bit of concrete will be a Reconciliation statue in the middle of the hallowed turf. The only vice allowed will be a squirrel grip from the Brookvale valley group on the Council.

MB - get serious Christina would think that is over development

ManlyBacker link said:
He was just down from you Vid, and possibly just around the corner of the beer shed but not by far.

He was probably one of Andy P's mates (Andy has the "Unleash the Matai" banner") as they usually stand round there.

Yes Brookie Greg...was all fun and games on the Hill but not sure what it was all about but the last thing we needed was "Crowd unrest at Brookvale!" headlines

I did however overhear that as one guy was being lead away by the large security gentleman "for a chat" he was saying "Ripped off...mutter mutter...they said there was free sandwiches...mutter mutter curse curse...."

I think the sign was a but further 'south' that the Unleash the matai banner

The Wheel link said:
I think the sign was a but further 'south' that the Unleash the matai banner

Hmmm...not sure then (but good impression of Stevey Matai's accent there Wheel!)

The 'unleash the Matai' banner was directly between us and the video screen so everytime they went to the screen for a try etc, up would go the banner and block our view. Vid had to go and chicken wing the bloke and give him a hit to the head then everything was fine.

Think he might have given em the last of the free sangas to make up for the bloody nose.... and Fluffy's amazing tiger stripe pimp coat as a door prize to move em on....next thing you know they moved around the corner right in front of the beer tent so everyone was happy

ManlyBacker link said:
Come early 2010 and Christina Kirsch and her crew will be calling for that pooch walking track, a few bbq's and a dozen picnic tables and they will start tearing the stands down. The only bit of concrete will be a Reconciliation statue in the middle of the hallowed turf. The only vice allowed will be a squirrel grip from the Brookvale valley group on the Council.

I actually forgot to mention that as part of their final solution they are also opening up the old brickwork building and firing up the kiln. All cats in a 10 km radius are being transported in for execution.

ManlyBacker link said:
[quote author=ManlyBacker link=topic=181575.msg240408#msg240408 date=1252447467]

I actually forgot to mention that as part of their final solution they are also opening up the old brickwork building and firing up the kiln. All cats in a 10 km radius are being transported in for execution.
[/quote]

Im pretty sure you wouldnt allow that to happen MB.

Great news I have got a cat that lives next door to me which I will happily transport to the brickworks

ManlyBacker link said:
[quote author=ManlyBacker link=topic=181575.msg240408#msg240408 date=1252447467]

[/quote]  I really hope it was Christina's front yard that my 4 year old took a wizz in.  It would make a lie of her accusation her plants get watered by the drunk and disorderly. 

The Wheel link said:
Great news I have got a cat that lives next door to me which I will happily transport to the brickworks

And this would be boom chakka meow meow  ;D

Yes nice threads Fluffy if only we could have gotta pic for the site here - you win hands down the prize for sartorial elegance on the night. To paint a word pic folks, picture this: coat is full length shoulder to heel and made from some lovely fluffy (yes) velvet like fabric in striking black and white tiger stripes.

Looked ab fab with Manly jersey underneath! But understand you had to get back to the Cross urgently for some reason....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4