We can win from anywhere say Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't like this talking it up thing either. First DCE, then Foran, now Kite. Forwards, lay the platform, and the backs score. It's a simple game. Talking off the field doesn't win games.

MadMarcus said:
I hate this talk. Makes us sound like the Tigers.

Agreed. Zip it. Zip it. Zip, zip, zip, zip, zip it. And start winning footy games.
This idea that there's some sort of magic switch and all we have to do is hit it and everything will be fine (because we've been there, done that, etc) doesn't wash. The Warriors will be desperate, as will the Cowboys and Bunnies. And our form is awful.

bazeagle said:
Talking off the field doesn't win games.

What do you expect the players to say when questioned?
Do you want a "no comment"?

The fact is that they could have won last week. There was no lack of determination or effort.
A couple of things didn't go our way and that was the difference in the result.

I have no doubt at all that if we turn up like we did against the dogs last Friday, we will beat any team put in front of us.
The players know this too and I'm glad they have the belief they can go all the way.

Ron E. Gibbs said:
MadMarcus said:
I hate this talk. Makes us sound like the Tigers.

Agreed. Zip it. Zip it. Zip, zip, zip, zip, zip it. And start winning footy games.
This idea that there's some sort of magic switch and all we have to do is hit it and everything will be fine (because we've been there, done that, etc) doesn't wash. The Warriors will be desperate, as will the Cowboys and Bunnies. And our form is awful.

So if the Warriors lose to Newcastle it makes them desperate, but if Manly do they're awful?

SeaEagleRock8 said:
captainskin said:
. . . I'm not feeling confident about winning from anywhere until we start learning to win both halves with continued intensity.
You mean like Melbourne did for about 3 months..?
We've seen over the last few years that it's all in the timing. There are aspects of play that Tooves will want the team concentrating on at this time, but putting it all together is for the last few weeks of the season. We'll need luck to be full strength at the right time - as will all our opponents. I liked our intensity and physical strength v Dogs, we weren't scientific enough but still could easily have won that game.

Absolutely, I agree we could have won it. The game was a 50/50 tussle and it came down to some good fortune for the Dogs that was nobody's fault. My concern is how can we keep that same intensity for matches that it is hard to call on that sort of 'hype'. In the finals, yes we can. before the finals we now need to bring it on (that intensity) otherwise we may struggle to find even 7th or 8th spot.

Cameron said:
Love ya tooves but it's time for the talk to stop and for action. We need to string 2-3 wins together fast.

True, No use talking about winning, instead work on our attack so we can actually score some points. We all know the boys can do it but there is work to be done first.

WAMF said:
bazeagle said:
Talking off the field doesn't win games.

What do you expect the players to say when questioned?
Do you want a "no comment"?

The fact is that they could have won last week. There was no lack of determination or effort.
A couple of things didn't go our way and that was the difference in the result.

I have no doubt at all that if we turn up like we did against the dogs last Friday, we will beat any team put in front of us.
The players know this too and I'm glad they have the belief they can go all the way.
I expect them to say, when questioned: "We have been working our arses off on attacking moves to get us scoring points again, plus our forwards have been training their guts out to lay us a better platform. As a playing unit we are NOW committed in the run into the finals to TOTALLY eliminate that sideways crabbing crap PLUS T Rex has decided to stop being a lazy log and FINALLY we will all let the results speak for themselves, on the pitch". That's what I expect them to say WAMF.

Let's face it, there are not that many teams going well at the moment. Let's see how the Berries go in their next few matches after playing us. Melbourne have lost their four matches since they played us.
Souffs are going well, but have absolutely zero credibility when it comes to finals.
The 'boys are a top team when playing at home, but have an appaling record in Sydney.
Melbourne, Cronulla, Tigers and Boncos are struggling big time. Along with us, that makes up the top eight. It's a lottery, particularly when you throw in the Warriors, Titans and Raiders who can upset anyone. I've discounted Illawarra and Newcastle.

The Who said:
Let's face it, there are not that many teams going well at the moment. Let's see how the Berries go in their next few matches after playing us. Melbourne have lost their four matches since they played us.
Souffs are going well, but have absolutely zero credibility when it comes to finals.
The 'boys are a top team when playing at home, but have an appaling record in Sydney.
Melbourne, Cronulla, Tigers and Boncos are struggling big time. Along with us, that makes up the top eight. It's a lottery, particularly when you throw in the Warriors, Titans and Raiders who can upset anyone. I've discounted Illawarra and Newcastle.
Good point, The Who. Are you suggesting that teams are buggered after playing us? Could be.

bazeagle said:
The Who said:
Good point, The Who. Are you suggesting that teams are buggered after playing us? Could be.
Well that's what happened to Melbourne. I'm hoping it will be the same for the Berries.

If the Eags can just make the 8 there's a chance. But as I said to a Newcastle supporter leaving Brookie last Friday night.

"Even if we don't win the GF... god help those who play them in the semis".

Earth to Kiteman (yes a pun), time to come back down to earth old son.

Be quiet now, there's a good gentleman.

Too many silly responses to B2B all year and now Kite weighs in with his thoughts not a good look---not saying it has anything to do with our current form but it does not help the situation.

I know some people are saying "how else do you expect players to answer the questions" simple just stick to the stock standard boring response "taking one game at a time" ,"not looking beyond our next game" ,"it's a long season and anything can happen".

No need to elaborate no need to get into long drawn out responses about feeling more confident now more so than before etc etc or we can give this comp a shake when our full squad is available.

This is one area Tooves has to get under control---too much arrogant talk.

Well the screws just got turned a lot tighter on us now. Dragons,Titans,Warriors (if we lose) and either Newc or Raiders breathing down our neck if we dont beat the Warriors now.This game has al ot of pressure on it now.

Well the screws just got turned a lot tighter on us now. Dragons,Titans,Warriors (if we lose) and either Newc or Raiders breathing down our neck if we dont beat the Warriors now.This game has al ot of pressure on it now.

Kite is over-confident.
The only consistent players all year has been

Jamie Lyon
Steve Matai
Matt Ballin
Jason King
Glenn stewart.
Brett Stewart
Choc

We wont win the comp as we've got inexperience players in

Jorge Taufua
Dean whare
Daniel Harrison
Michael Oldfield

and the following has been out of form

DCE
K. Foran
Jamie Buhrer

Kite is over-confident.
The only consistent players all year has been

Jamie Lyon
Steve Matai
Matt Ballin
Jason King
Glenn stewart.
Brett Stewart
Choc

We wont win the comp as we've got inexperience players in

Jorge Taufua
Dean whare
Daniel Harrison
Michael Oldfield

and the following has been out of form

DCE
K. Foran
Jamie Buhrer

And we have a first year coach with the training wheels still on, who has had to deal with the runctions created by Hasler's departure, player negotiations, Zorba in the henhouse, etc etc.

It's 2010, 2012 style.

And we have a first year coach with the training wheels still on, who has had to deal with the runctions created by Hasler's departure, player negotiations, Zorba in the henhouse, etc etc.

It's 2010, 2012 style.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8