We can win this comp

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I still see worrying signs against fast play the balls and players with good footwork(like most teams lol but it shows alot more with Manly) - - -not sure of the injuries Newcastle have but i think the intensity of this game will have a major impact on our forwards and i dont think we will back up well.

I really fear this game....

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=vidmar link=topic=184275.msg278351#msg278351 date=1280051871]
[quote author=Richard link=topic=184275.msg278339#msg278339 date=1280051110]
I'm not the biggest Snake fan his kick returns are too weak and he always ambles towards the defensive line succumbing into the tackle allowing a slow play the ball - - -Modern fullbacks eat up the yards and if Preston can do it Brett should also but its hard to have the balls to run hard and straight into a line of defence honing in to one player.

Great player and almost guarantees a try a game which turns close games into wins and with him we would probably have 2- extra wins. Dont get me wrong i'm a fan but not to the same extent as probably all Manly fans and sometimes his impact is overstated.

Thanks for the educational on post modern play making and not sure where you are from but there was a game today and your team won.

Brett has been out for the season so the rest of us are supporting the team that is left?

Maybe get with the here and now rather than critique Brett's game from the past and be happy with the 2 points we got today?
[/quote]

Thanks for the 100% boring lecture where you tell others what to say and how to post.
[/quote]

No worries, Good to see you back Volley!

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=vidmar link=topic=184275.msg278351#msg278351 date=1280051871]
[quote author=Richard link=topic=184275.msg278339#msg278339 date=1280051110]
I'm not the biggest Snake fan his kick returns are too weak and he always ambles towards the defensive line succumbing into the tackle allowing a slow play the ball - - -Modern fullbacks eat up the yards and if Preston can do it Brett should also but its hard to have the balls to run hard and straight into a line of defence honing in to one player.

Great player and almost guarantees a try a game which turns close games into wins and with him we would probably have 2- extra wins. Dont get me wrong i'm a fan but not to the same extent as probably all Manly fans and sometimes his impact is overstated.

Thanks for the educational on post modern play making and not sure where you are from but there was a game today and your team won.

Brett has been out for the season so the rest of us are supporting the team that is left?

Maybe get with the here and now rather than critique Brett's game from the past and be happy with the 2 points we got today?
[/quote]

Thanks for the 100% boring lecture where you tell others what to say and how to post.
[/quote]  Rolled gold! 

Does it anyone find it hard to see Brett coming back to his best? Atleast at Fullback imo, I can see him becoming a 5/8 possibly but I dont know how he would fit into the scheme of things. I think Farrar has been playing great out the back and is supporting well.

If we can match our first half efforts in the second we can.
If not no. As others have said we need to play the 80 mins.
We did that this week & to a lesser extent last week.

Here's hoping.

I had given up after the Raiders game, but it was a different team than ran out there today.

Maybe Des was setting us up all along to fire at the business end of the season...

Jerry1 link said:
If we can match our first half efforts in the second we can.
we need to play the 80 mins.
We did that this week & to a lesser extent last week.

Yep that it, all we need to do is play 80 mins. Its been clear all year that we can beat any team in the first 40 mins so we have the Attack and Defense.

We have, and have shown, that we have the ability to beat anyone in this competition - BUT we MUST play the full 80 minutes, especially in defence.

I think you're very negative TechnicalCoach, Newcastle's forwards and halves are crap, their only good players are Sau, Uate, De Gois and Gidley, if we're on form, we'll smash them like we did in rd. 3.

Ceagle link said:
Does it anyone find it hard to see Brett coming back to his best? Atleast at Fullback imo, I can see him becoming a 5/8 possibly but I dont know how he would fit into the scheme of things. I think Farrar has been playing great out the back and is supporting well.

See Anthony Minichello and Matt Bowen both have come back from long term injuries and are playing great football. Bowen is starting to get some of his speed back

To criticise Snake when he has only played a few games in 2 years is a joke. I guarantee if had been playing all of this year we would be in the top two. He is worth a try a game and his defensive reads would have stopped at least a try a game. We have lost 5 games by 4 pts or less.

ManlyBacker link said:
To criticise Snake when he has only played a few games in 2 years is a joke. I guarantee if had been playing all of this year we would be in the top two. He is worth a try a game and his defensive reads would have stopped at least a try a game. We have lost 5 games by 4 pts or less.

He's also generally good for 2-3 tries against the tigers!

That being said I think Farrar is doing an excellent job and is improving every game. If we fail to make an impact on the finals it wont be because of our fullback.

tech coach, one thing you may have understated in Brett's game is the way he directs the team from the back. He barks alot of instructions from the back when he's playing. I think they are missing that aswell as his playing ability.

How quickly people forget...

Brett 2008 was setting up a whole heap of tries as well as scoring them (against parra to Matai, V the warriors...)

If he can regain his speed this will help to extend his career – not forgetting he is only 25!

Technical Coach link said:
I still see worrying signs against fast play the balls and players with good footwork(like most teams lol but it shows alot more with Manly) - - -not sure of the injuries Newcastle have but i think the intensity of this game will have a major impact on our forwards and i dont think we will back up well.

I really fear this game....

We have just played our second best game of the year and are starting to play with confidence, but you don't think they will back up well? Can't please everyone I guess.

lsz link said:
How quickly people forget...

Brett 2008 was setting up a whole heap of tries as well as scoring them (against parra to Matai, V the warriors...)

If he can regain his speed this will help to extend his career – not forgetting he is only 25!

Yeah i remember that try. It was a combination of Houdini and Globetrotters. A through the legs beauty that hit Matai on the chest to score. And that was in semi-final as well.

There was the pass earlier in the year too in 2008 when the ball was passed behind him and he somehow managed to flick the ball, no look, behind his back straight into Matai's hands to score. The whole stadium couldn't believe what happened. The best pass in the history of the game in my opinion. Needless to say, Matai loves having Brett on the field.

Brett has an A game passing game, and he had it well before Slater and Hayne did. To those that disagree, i will quote the great man, Rabbits Warren: Speaking about Brett Stewart after a try "The hands, the hands of a magician"....

im no doctor
but brett now has no cartlidge in either knee

I think he will be an asset to our team when he comes back and i for one cant wait to see him playing again

but i can only think it will shorten his career

The last 18 months has been ****ed for him and the little bloke deserves more.

Brett can score points where Farah can't.  It's that slippery factor with Brett.  Farah tries hard, but just isn't up to it.  We'll put on 50 on Drugcastle, no worries.  They're spent for the year, and we are on the rise.  Maybe the lack of substitution in the first half of the comp is what Des is after.  Toughen everybody up for a full 80 minute effort.  Could work. 

DSM5 link said:
Brett can score points where Farah can't.  It's that slippery factor with Brett.  Farah tries hard, but just isn't up to it.  We'll put on 50 on Drugcastle, no worries.  They're spent for the year, and we are on the rise.  Maybe the lack of substitution in the first half of the comp is what Des is after.  Toughen everybody up for a full 80 minute effort.  Could work. 

Comparing Brett to Farrar (note the correct spelling - the spelling you've used is an insult to him :) ) is useless, as Brett's standard is very very high. If you're saying he isn't up to Stewart's standard, I agree, but if you're saying he's not up to NRL standard than I don't. I think he's been one of our best players this season.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4