We finally appear to have a goalkicker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Lyon is just a reluctant goal kicker so if DCE wants the job I'm sure he'll let him have it.  Maybe killer just doesn't like doing the extra practice sessions after training?

Killer has had lots of injury issues with his knees & ankles. Would rather that someone else kicked based on that alone.

Not easy to find someone with as good a boot as Killer though, we can only hope that DCE proves to be up to the task in the future if the opportunity presents itself.

That field goal may have been in a non pressure situation, but the length of it was impressive.  The one thing i thought i'd miss about Hodko was his field goal ability, but we just might be right in that department.  Fair dinkum, we are ticking all the right boxes this year.

I really hope Lyon picks the goalkicking back up when he comes back.
Very good goalkicker, one the El Masri rated in the top 2 in the NRL.
Cherry-Evans has a poor technique IMO and won't stand up with some more kicks from out wide. You have to remember that he was kicking at about 60% in Toyota Cup a couple of years ago.
Nice field goal though.

Lyon is still our best goalkicker, I still remember watching Toyota Cup games in 08-09 and wincing as DCE missed so many goals... that being said, his goalkicking was great last week, obviously he's been practising.

My order of goalkickers, in order of preference, is:

1) Lyon
2) DCE
3) Rodney
4) Matai
5) T.Williams
6) D. Williams

I bet the Tigers would kill for that sort of depth... our first 4 are very safe options.

Manly To Win! link said:
Lyon is still our best goalkicker, I still remember watching Toyota Cup games in 08-09 and wincing as DCE missed so many goals... that being said, his goalkicking was great last week, obviously he's been practising.

My order of goalkickers, in order of preference, is:

1) Lyon
2) DCE
3) Rodney
4) Matai
5) T.Williams
6) D. Williams

I bet the Tigers would kill for that sort of depth... our first 4 are very safe options.

The Wolfman is an excellent goalkicker, as good as his brother.  Definitely been out of a practice though.

Gorgeous George link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=186991.msg325350#msg325350 date=1300613632]
You reckon we have struggled mate ? Lyon was around 80% last year I thought ?

He never inspired me with confidence. Besides, I would think that the better kickers are kicking better than 80% these days.
[/quote]

Lyon finished last year at 81 or 82% which was close to equal first with Gordon from Penrith (can't rate Sandow).  Lyon is an outstanding kicker, and I can't believe anyone could think otherwise.

How does everyone rate DCE as a goal kicker now? Its been a few weeks since this original post, and he hasn't impressed me as much as I was hoping.

I think that prior to the Souths game he was doing okay and he was also kicking them quite well last year up with the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles. Maybe he is just having an off period and will pick up his game soon.

I think Lyon is probably a better kicker still but he just doesn't like doing it. As long as it doesn't effect DCE confidence then he should continue with it.

whydoesnt lyon like kicking? he is a much more reliable kicke than DCE appears to be and in my opinion, a senior player like killer should be taking a bit of responsibility off the young kids head and kicking..plus it makes lyon a much more attractive proposition for my fantasy team.

cherry should just be left to hone his halfback skills, games are won and lost on goal kicking, and killer was at 80 odd percent last year.

i just thought he might not have been kicking yet because of his groin?

To me Lyon seems a bit more reliable / confident on the kicks from out wide. DCE looks good for a young kid though, with time and more practice experience in the top grade i think he'll become really reliable. im guessing it's the injury niggle keeping him out of it though I do like the fact we have so many decent kickers in the team though.

Supernintendo Chalmers said:
I do like the fact we have so many decent kickers in the team though.

T-Rex & Matai can both kick goals also and I think that Shane Rodney was also kicking goals for a period last year too.

Jethro said:
I think that prior to the Souths game he was doing okay and he was also kicking them quite well last year up with the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles. Maybe he is just having an off period and will pick up his game soon.

Dennis Sandow kicked in the Sunny Coast games I watched.

Williams kicked in the final in sunny coast 2009. I was there and for the life of me couldn't figure out why

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
Jethro said:

Dennis Sandow kicked in the Sunny Coast games I watched.

ERNIE, I never said that he was the main goal kicker for the SCSE, only that he kicked goals quite well for them. Dennis Sandow was their main goal kicker with Michael Chapman as the main back up kicker, however, in last year's QLD Cup Round 13, Central Comets Vs SC Sea Eagles, DCE was the only goal kicker that day and kicked 5 goals in their 34 to 26 win over the Comets.

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2010/06/14/brandon-costin-happy-ugly-sea-eagles-win-comets/

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6