We looked like a top 4 team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Ron E. Gibbs

First Grader
Great win, but we're certainly not bound for the top four just yet. Give it a few more weeks and we'll have a better idea where we stand. Remember the team is a work in progress and don't expect too much too soon.

Lyonstomenzies

Bencher
Premium Member
Thurston had a very quiet game due to the fact that the cows couldn't get any go forward. For once out men upnthr front stopped them from rolling down the park.
Does that mean that JT is not worth 1m a season now?

All the DCE haters out there should take a good look at themselves. It's hard when your team is always on the back foot and as a half your making 30 tackles a game.

With DCE only making 16 tackles (which is still high for a half) he was in much better form.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Lets not get carried away.

Manly were good and excellent in defence. Still way too many errors.

Cowgirls were ordinary , period.
Your post is very ordinary
OscarsClassicStare.jpg

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
I am happy but I dunno if you watched the game the week before against the Broncos; the Cowboys came up against some pretty stiff opposition and some incredibly strong defence but returned serve with up tempo and aggressive football of their own...tonight they looked a shadow of that team and I put it down to fatigue, attitude (hard to get up again after a big win against a high profile opposition) and losing Taumalolo is massive for the Cows...
It is massive. Like us missing 4 props is a massive blow to our ability to go forward. They still had plenty of ball on the line but we had men in each tackle and constantly wrapped up the ball so they couldn't offload. They had their chances.

Loobs

At the end of the day though, did we look like a top 4 team? No. Still too many penalties and dropped balls. The defence was amazingly solid but we need to address why we are having to defend so much. We can't go 20+ rounds giving teams that much possession.

Having said that it was a huge improvement, mentally if anything. Go to a hostile place and come away with the points that you had to bust your arse to get. Hopefully with the guys back it's the start of something.

Loobs

Thurston had a very quiet game due to the fact that the cows couldn't get any go forward. For once out men upnthr front stopped them from rolling down the park.

All the DCE haters out there should take a good look at themselves. It's hard when your team is always on the back foot and as a half your making 30 tackles a game.

With DCE only making 16 tackles (which is still high for a half) he was in much better form.
Look at who gives it to DCE - former hot heads. Can't understand he is a chill/happy guy. That's his personality but they want him losing his **** because they're so dumb that's all they equate to being passionate and caring.

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
Not happy when they lose & now not happy when they win........hard to please some.
He didn't say he was not happy, he said we need to not get carried away with how good we were and we must back it up next week otherwise it was just a flash in the pan.

I gave us no hope before the game and was delighted to be proven wrong. String together 3 or 4 of those wins in a row and I will start to believe. Right now, that was a great result but one good win does not make a season nor signal we have turned a corner, 3 or 4 just might.

Ned

Bencher

Dunno about that dude, the Cowgirls had 50 some odd tackles inside our twenty. They might not have had the go forward but thy got penalties and dropped ball enough to post plenty on us if our defense wasn't as good as it was.

On the whole a MASSIVE improvement from last week in both attack and defense.

Cherry - Got his kicking game back, everything in this area was better, Long kicking for 40/20, but other long kicks were going to space and not directly to the opposition (unlike last week) short kicks were accurate to the in goal and dropouts were over 50M, unlike 30M against Parra. We need more of this.

Nate's first spell was good and bad imo, he gave away 3 penalties and took out Tom for 15 minutes, but he ran and tackled with aggression and purpose, a huge improvement from this guy. Maybe he's trying to justify SOO selection, but whatever it was Keep it up.

Brown played very limited minutes, I think he came on with 25 minutes to go. No standout, but no stand out garbage so a big improvement from him.

On the whole it was a huge improvement from last week, and If Cherry could've kicked like that I reckon the Parra game would've gone out way too.

But to say we're top 4, let's wait a few weeks before making assessments like that. We need some consistency and that's where the coaching staff come in. Hopefully they can keep the boys at this level for a few weeks, it'd be great to demolish the dogs and the rorters!!

SeaEagle007

Reserve Grader
They had suspensions and injuries , so did we. We got out reffed round one , and a couple or asrey Corney Norman plays. Otherwise are 2/3 and everyone says we are greta. In reality we a definite top 8. We can be top 4 but we have to back it up 3 games out of 4 to do so. The old Manly could do this well.. This team can just need to give them some patients.. This is 2006 all over again.. stick with them

court83

Bencher
Im happy with the win for sure, but lets be brutally honest (even if it gets dislikes)

When manly were a dominant team, which games worried you the most as a supporter, coming up against the other top teams in the comp, or playing the nuffies a week AFTER playing the top teams?? Wede always slay the big teams, then fail to get up for the bottom feeders the next week...

This is EXACTLY what happenend last night.. After having 2 golden pt wins against teams most punters have top 4 easily in raiders and broncs, they then came up against the nuffies team and failed to fire... Seen it a hundred times before..

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Fair way from top 8 at this stage but a work in progress from that effort last night. Definite signs of a good team but let's see how we handle the Dogs.

court83

Bencher
also, i watched the game at a club with little volume, didnt realise coote and winterstein wernt playing and o'neill went off hurt... forget our front row issues, pull tom turbo and tafua out of our side then take walker off injured in the first half and see how manly go lol... top 4?? nahhhh

brad

First Grader
We played well but the Cows were awful. Quite a few injuries and suspensions.

Pleasing thing for me was our defence.. like round 1.. it looked good. Im hoping last week was just a blip.

Taupau Lussick and AFB to return too.
The Cowboys were only aloud to play good as we let them . Great effort.

brad

First Grader

Thats what im talking about , well said man well said .

madmax

Bencher
also, i watched the game at a club with little volume, didnt realise coote and winterstein wernt playing and o'neill went off hurt... forget our front row issues, pull tom turbo and tafua out of our side then take walker off injured in the first half and see how manly go lol... top 4?? nahhhh
The way the Cows played last night......neither are they!!!

pjayz

הנשרים ישרור בעוד שנתיים מיום הנשרים
Why forget our prop issues, forget their back issues then. That's just silly. They also bring in the best young prospect in the game in Ponga, so it wasn't much of a loss. We also lost Tom for 15 minutes during the game.

We were outstanding last night, we aren't top 4 material, but I think the boys deserve more credit than what you are giving them.

madmax

Bencher
looked great rounds 1 and 2 tho... ide rather have 1 off bad week as opposed to manlys sh%t start to the year and having a 1 off good week
The Cows team should start better!! They've been together for much longer than we have! Give us some time & see how we go when combinations start to gel!

court83

Bencher
The Cows team should start better!! They've been together for much longer than we have! Give us some time & see how we go when combinations start to gel!
i think next week will tell us everything we need to know.... if we get over the dogs maybe we are on the up and up, but i have a feeling next week will resemble our eels/bunnies games more than it will last nights .. hopefully im wrong tho, i just dont see sustained success happening for this squad this season

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 5 6 47 12