We will crush the kiwi's at Bluetongue

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Bencher
From my research, we have won 9 of 11 games at Bluetongue, and have never lost at the venue by more than two points.

The Warriors, coming off a loss against the Sharks will have them fired up, but they should have won that game at Mt Smart if they are to be serious premiership contenders.

The kiwi team have been coming home hard, and this loss is only their second in the last 9 games.

Auckland dropped a bit of ball against the chokers, and god help them if they do the same against us.

We met recently at Mt Smart and they had the wood on us that time. The boys will not forget this, and our side has considerably improved in roster, strength, and skill.

This is a must win for the Warriors, but their timing is not the best. Manly are hungry for an 9th title, and the smorgasbord starts here.

Manly by 20.

We have a good record against the Warriors. We've lost twice to them in the last 13 outings and both of those losses were close 2 point jobs. Put simply, they are our biatches, and I expect that trend to continue this weekend

Been watching the Warriors games and they can bamboozle the opposition with their broken play.:s

Manly just have to commit to winning every game - simples :)

Expecting lots of bombs to our Wingers and BJ's first try!

Easiest way to beat the Warriors is to hold onto the ball. They are terrific with the ball in their hands, with their big forwards on the charge, but their defence can still be very ordinary. If we control possession we'll win.

What worries me is that they are bloody giants. It's going to be a hard physical game on Sunday then we have to back up against souths on Friday night

CAMBO said:
What worries me is that they are bloody giants. It's going to be a hard physical game on Sunday then we have to back up against souths on Friday night

Awesome. Two easy games in a row. Things are looking good.

We just need to defend the middle well, be tuff and stop their forwards marching up the middle, then they will have no 2nd phase play. Sent a lot of attention to Hurrel in attack as his defense is 2nd rate, and he gets tired. 1-12 victory.

Put simply, the Worriers are too inconsistent. We should win comfortably if we hold our recent form and have a high completion rate. Foz has been terrorising defences of late and this weekend will be no different.

With Souths missing GI and Sutton, I expect Manly to be one point off second place in two weeks time. The Scum and Manly in consecutive weeks will expose them badly in my opinion.

CAMBO said:

Lol Warriors fans wouldn't be happy with you ! Some of them get fired up about the myth that they have a monster pack, maybe 10 years ago that was true but these days they are just average size

What worries me is Horsehead is in the middle. I have never seen such a biased ref, and that includes Checcin.

What we need to do is hold on to the ball, defend well and score more tries and goals then them.

Kiwi Eagle said:
CAMBO said:

Lol Warriors fans wouldn't be happy with you ! Some of them get fired up about the myth that they have a monster pack, maybe 10 years ago that was true but these days they are just average size

Team Weights in KG's

Pack

Manly - 601 NZ - 610

Bench

Manly - 421 NZ - 404

Backs

Manly - 651 NZ - 668

Total

Manly - 1673 NZ - 1682

They pip us by 9kg over all. More due to Having a monster on the wing and slightly bigger backs over all. George rose bumps us up.

The lightest player on the field this weekend will be DCE at 84kg's and the heaviest will be George Rose at 116kg's.

Something i found funny was that Ritchie Fa'aoso and David Gower are the same weight at 105 kg. I thought Ritchie would have dwarfed him.

Hardest thing defending Warriors is they dont have structured attack you can break down - its all spontanious - this is why solid defensive teams like Storm struggle to defend them & at the same time, why they can fall apart.
If Matolino, Johnson & Hurrell are watched its a comfortable win.
Manly have usually got their measure & if they control speed around the ruck & 2nd phase play, happy with my 13+ ticket....

DSM5 said:
What worries me is Horsehead is in the middle. I have never seen such a biased ref, and that includes Checcin.

not again, I guess we will be getting klein in the vid ref box just to round it off

MK Eagle said:
Hardest thing defending Warriors is they dont have structured attack you can break down - its all spontanious - this is why solid defensive teams like Storm struggle to defend them & at the same time, why they can fall apart.
If Matolino, Johnson & Hurrell are watched its a comfortable win.
Manly have usually got their measure & if they control speed around the ruck & 2nd phase play, happy with my 13+ ticket....

plus no fear - they have some crazy big dudes in their team who just run full pelt at the defence - scary stuff - there was one part of the second half of the nz game where they just bashed us to death

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7