We will crush the kiwi's at Bluetongue

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
MK Eagle said:
If Matolino, Johnson & Hurrell are watched its a comfortable win.
They are dangerous but equally dangerous are Leuluai, Locke, and the Beast.
I'll be pissed off if they choose this week to finally put it all together away from home.

Hi Eagles.

Warriors fan for life here. Really looking forward to the game. I belong to most NRL club Forums , this is one of the last Clubs I've joined ( Hate Manly more than any team , take that as a compliment , I'm sure you guys are used to it ).
Have to agree with Kiwi he / she is right about the miss conception that the Warriors have big Forwards ( they're small , average at best , the channel 9 crew wank on about the size but it doesn't marry up with pack weights ).
Manly is the team we fear like no other , that is fact. Your pack dominates ours time and again , the general competitiveness of your side trouble the Warriors no end.
I guess the thing you will have to look out for is the rebound from the loss off the Sharks , as you guys know the Warriors are well capable of racing out to an early lead over Manly....equally they have infamously conceded those leads.
A lot of work and some weird selections with the Warriors Bench have come into play this year to turn the last twenty minute fade around.
Expect Dominique Peroux to come on with 15-20 minutes to go to cover our right sided frailty with Hurrell.

Last year Matai ran at a Limping Hurrell and made him look silly.

This year Geln fisiahi was electric injecting himself off the right wing at MT smart against you guys....Glens Injured ( as you will see from the List Vulcans player Ngani Laumape will slot in to 2. )

If we go down it would be more palatable If Pita Hiku does the damage....no one rated him above his peers in our Juniors , good player but so are the rest of them.

I will front up after the game irrespective of the result and I've enjoyed reading your posts.

The title of the thread while contentious is possibly not too much of an exageration of the truth.

Enjoy the game.

MT Smart said:
Hi Eagles.

Warriors fan for life here. Really looking forward to the game. I belong to most NRL club Forums , this is one of the last Clubs I've joined ( Hate Manly more than any team , take that as a compliment , I'm sure you guys are used to it ).
Have to agree with Kiwi he / she is right about the miss conception that the Warriors have big Forwards ( they're small , average at best , the channel 9 crew wank on about the size but it doesn't marry up with pack weights ).
Manly is the team we fear like no other , that is fact. Your pack dominates ours time and again , the general competitiveness of your side trouble the Warriors no end.
I guess the thing you will have to look out for is the rebound from the loss off the Sharks , as you guys know the Warriors are well capable of racing out to an early lead over Manly....equally they have infamously conceded those leads.
A lot of work and some weird selections with the Warriors Bench have come into play this year to turn the last twenty minute fade around.
Expect Dominique Peroux to come on with 15-20 minutes to go to cover our right sided frailty with Hurrell.

This year Geln fisiahi was electric injecting himself off the right wing at MT smart against you guys....Glens Injured ( as you will see from the List Vulcans player Ngani Laumape will slot in to 2. )

If we go down it would be more palatable If Pita Hiku does the damage....no one rated him above his peers in our Juniors , good player but so are the rest of them.

I will front up after the game irrespective of the result and I've enjoyed reading your posts.

The title of the thread while contentious is possibly not too much of an exageration of the truth.

Enjoy the game.

Welcome mate, so where do you live Manly or Bondi? :p

Personally I would prefer a competitive game that is competitive rather than the cakewalks of late (don't get me wrong i am a massive fan of putting close to 100 on Parra - but now want some competition, hope your boys have a good game, and we are marginally better ;)

@ Mt Smart - good to see an opposition supporter who is not on troll patrol, fair summary but hope your happy to finish 2nd in this game...;)
The Warriors are the only team I can actually cheer for besides Manly but lets be clear - come Sunday they will be hated in a nice way - for the day..
Will be a great spectacle imo with some big hits & open style attack a definate - could be close to best game 2013.
Still expect a comfortable victory, though its a sure thing Warriors wont die wondering making it an exciting encounter.

if you have a good reason to hate Manly then fine, otherwise you can join all the other losers in the rubbish bin. Just find that comment stupid as part of your intro to our forum

voicefromthehill said:

Personally I would prefer a competitive game that is competitive rather than the cakewalks of late (don't get me wrong i am a massive fan of putting close to 100 on Parra - but now want some competition, hope your boys have a good game, and we are marginally better ;)
LOL cheers. Actually I've lived all my life in New Zealand apart from one Holiday to see family in Sydney ( they live one street back from the beach in your lovely Suburb can't remember the name of that Road.).
The Old Man has been a Member of Manly for thirty plus years , a couple of me brothers played jnr Footy for the Club ( I used to support Manly before NZ got it's own team ).
I'm sure the Warriors will give Manly a good game / it won't be through lack of effort if they lose , more likely lack of execution , Manly are so good at pressuring teams.
Kieran Foran goes close to being my favorite player in the NRL.

Should be a Cracker , a couple of big collisions between Matai and Hurrell could be spectacular.

Never underestimate the Warriors. Being a NZer, the Warriors are my 2nd team I follow after our great team, mainly due to the patriotic factor and their adlib football style. Obviously we have the wood on them at Bluetongue and all time head to head. We pretty much are their bogey team. However if they are on their game, look out. They will be tough to beat. Their unpredictable style troubles good defences and they showed this by pushing all the top 4 teams, beating 3 this year and pushing Souths twice. The Warriors prop rotation is one of the best in the game when all fit, and I love their new prospect Matagi. He only knows one way and Ive never seem him not get over the advantage line.

The Warrior forwards will always keep them
in a contest if going forward and offloading
the ball, so shutting them down is a key to beating them and neutralizing their backline. If their backline is clicking they are a tough proposition however. They have a good mix of x factor and speed(Johnson,Locke), brute strength with speed(Vatuvei,Hurrell,Laumape) and veteran leadership (Vatuvei,Luelueai,Nielson). When they are combining well they are very dangerous.

However their backline is also their Achilles heel defensively and is were you beat the Warriors. Johnson,Hurrell and Vatuvei are players you target that can become suspect at times.

I feel the way Manlys attack is performing at the moment especially since B Stewarts return, the Warriors will have a tough time. Our attack was in a slump the last time they played, so it made it easier to shut down for the Warriors. With Snake back who missed that game, and our backline really rejuvenated since his return, it will be big ask for the Warriors to shut our attack down.

I think we win this game, but it will be physical and possibly closer than some are thinking. The one thing I will never say is we will crush them, because you never know which Warrior team turns up. If the team that played the Panthers does, then yes we will. If the team that played and beat the Storm, Roosters and us does, then im not so sure LOL!!!

MissKate said:
if you have a good reason to hate Manly then fine, otherwise you can join all the other losers in the rubbish bin. Just find that comment stupid as part of your intro to our forum
Point taken Misskate , don't want to offend anyone , I was just stirring the Pot ( straight talking ).
Half My immediate Family are Manly Club members / ex players in the Jnr grades as I mentioned in another post , they hate the Warriors.....it's a petty Family feud that gets lived out anytime we get together / go watch one of these games ( In a good way ).
Hate is too strong a word these days , 'in my day lol ' the eighties the Winfield Cup took NZ by Storm because of the rivalry and hatred between Clubs and some players.
Loved It.
Actually miss it , without derailing the thread , the modern game is too sanitised.
One thing I will say about Manly which Riles other clubs is a reputation for being grubs.
To me that's a nonsense , I don't advocate for dirty play , but I notch it up to Manly's Ultra competitiveness and I think fans get a bit precious and overlook the disciplined hard hitting Machine that the Eagles are.
Fiery sure / some Mongrel.....that's the attitude I admire in a contact sports team.

voicefromthehill said:
MT Smart said:
Hi Eagles.

Enjoy the game.

I'd prefer a competitive game that is uncompetitive ;)

Kiwi Eagle said:
voicefromthehill said:
MT Smart said:
Hi Eagles.

Enjoy the game.

Yeah well, you forgot the fullstop, so :p!

edit: You go! @MissKate !!!

Jax24 said:
Never underestimate the Warriors. Being a NZer, the Warriors are my 2nd team I follow after our great team, mainly due to the patriotic factor and their adlib football style. Obviously we have the wood on them at Bluetongue and all time head to head. We pretty much are their bogey team. However if they are on their game, look out. They will be tough to beat. Their unpredictable style troubles good defences and they showed this by pushing all the top 4 teams, beating 3 this year and pushing Souths twice. The Warriors prop rotation is one of the best in the game when all fit, and I love their new prospect Matagi. He only knows one way and Ive never seem him not get over the advantage line.

The Warrior forwards will always keep them
in a contest if going forward and offloading
the ball, so shutting them down is a key to beating them and neutralizing their backline. If their backline is clicking they are a tough proposition however. They have a good mix of x factor and speed(Johnson,Locke), brute strength with speed(Vatuvei,Hurrell,Laumape) and veteran leadership (Vatuvei,Luelueai,Nielson). When they are combining well they are very dangerous.

However their backline is also their Achilles heel defensively and is were you beat the Warriors. Johnson,Hurrell and Vatuvei are players you target that can become suspect at times.

I feel the way Manlys attack is performing at the moment especially since B Stewarts return, the Warriors will have a tough time. Our attack was in a slump the last time they played, so it made it easier to shut down for the Warriors. With Snake back who missed that game, and our backline really rejuvenated since his return, it will be big ask for the Warriors to shut our attack down.

I think we win this game, but it will be physical and possibly closer than some are thinking. The one thing I will never say is we will crush them, because you never know which Warrior team turns up. If the team that played the Panthers does, then yes we will. If the team that played and beat the Storm, Roosters and us does, then im not so sure LOL!!!

Being of German descent, I follow Manly and only Manly. We are after all, the true master club. lol

I agree with the rest of your post. :)

Kiwi Eagle said:
voicefromthehill said:
MT Smart said:
Hi Eagles.

Enjoy the game.

Haha - Pre coffee posting is about as bad as post beer posting sometimes

Being of German descent, I follow Manly and only Manly. We are after all, the true master club. lol

The Kiwis will have no answer to the Manly blitzkrieg:mad:

Moondog said:

The Kiwis will have no answer to the Manly blitzkrieg:mad:
AUSLANDER RAUS!!:mad: (and take horsehead with you!)lol

Pumped for the game.

Bring it on , both clubs will man up the better team will win , simple as that.
I will as I said earlier I always front if my team loses.

It will be fast and furious I'm sure.

We will crush anyone that gets in our way to another premiership if we play to our potential

Defence is where the Warriors let themselves down. Sure they are brave, and have to be kept in check early in the game, but once you bust that spirit, they can drop their bundle and fall apart.

I think they have only won 3 this year away from home.

Manly under 2V have this strategy of being patient early on, wait for the errors, or opponents to get tired, then slam them. The problem with this is a team can get a early roll on and turn the match into a dogfight.

And then you have the whistle blowers, and the visually challenged people in the video box. Nuf said.

The Warriors have a lot to play for in their attempt to make the 8. Personally, I think too little too late, and a loss here might see mad Monday come early this year.

Manly also have plenty to play for. Top 2 finish or better? Near on a full roster? Playing amazing footy and plenty of improvement?

Get in the queue

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4