we will lose foran

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
BAZ link said:
seaegalerock8 - what's your problem?
what's the thrust of your post?
ie  - mark and vid are onto the issue that many Manly fans are very unhappy with many aspects of this club both on field and off field
why do you find it relevant to somehow isolate some fans from others?
we need to pull together amidst the issues and divisions and for that to happen leadership and clarity are needed not narrow minded thinking  
The thrust of my post is that you don’t speak for me.
A few people have started preaching that the club is racked with division and internal crisis. No facts, just rumour & idle gossip. To my mind that kind of talk is what is destructive. Not the secrecy of the club, which as we know is nothing new. If someone had ankle-tapped Monaghan would the sky still be falling in?

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=BAZ link=topic=183995.msg273788#msg273788 date=1278934377]
ie  - mark and vid are onto the issue that many Manly fans are very unhappy with many aspects of this club both on field and off field
we need to pull together amidst the issues and divisions and for that to happen leadership and clarity are needed not narrow minded thinking 
A few people have started preaching that the club is racked with division and internal crisis. No facts, just rumour & idle gossip. To my mind that kind of talk is what is destructive. Not the secrecy of the club, which as we know is nothing new. If someone had ankle-tapped Monaghan would the sky still be falling in?

[/quote]
Totally agree SER8.

Coming on this forum and making up bullsh!t unsubstantiated rumors and suggestions dragging Des, the players and admin through the mud is certainly not helping.

Innes link said:
[quote author=SeaEagleRock8 link=topic=183995.msg273796#msg273796 date=1278935626]
[quote author=BAZ link=topic=183995.msg273788#msg273788 date=1278934377]
ie  - mark and vid are onto the issue that many Manly fans are very unhappy with many aspects of this club both on field and off field

[/quote]
Totally agree SER8.

Coming on this forum and making up bullsh!t unsubstantiated rumors and suggestions dragging Des, the players and admin through the mud is certainly not helping.

[/quote]
Wow - a 4 poster - I vote you for moderator.

:)

Nobody on here knows for sure whether or not he has re-signed. It all depends on Matai at the moment. If Matai stays, then Foran's signature will be announced. If Matai leaves for the Warriors, don't be surprised if Foran leaves and we will then chase hard for either Cronk or Wallace.

Regardless of the comments above there ARE a lot of unhappy fans. Bob and I are trying to get senior management (starting with Graham Lowe) to do a Q & A......you guys will get to ask the questions, and Lowie will answer them.I would imagine some would be not answered, for example anything to do with the owners or the Brett Stewart case....but we would hope for questions such as who's resigned and who's still under negotiation so that sort of thing. The MWSE website is sadly lacking these days (quite apart from no forum), so that might be another question.....we'll keep you posted but as I say Vid (being a Football Club Board member) and myself (having close commercial ties with the club) are trying as hard as we can for you to open up the communication chanels.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Regardless of the comments above there ARE a lot of unhappy fans. Bob and I are trying to get senior management (starting with Graham Lowe) to do a Q & A......you guys will get to ask the questions, and Lowie will answer them.I would imagine some would be not answered, for example anything to do with the owners or the Brett Stewart case....but we would hope for questions such as who's resigned and who's still under negotiation so that sort of thing. The MWSE website is sadly lacking these days (quite apart from no forum), so that might be another question.....we'll keep you posted but as I say Vid (being a Football Club Board member) and myself (having close commercial ties with the club) are trying as hard as we can for you to open up the communication chanels.

Thanks for all you help Mark, and Vid as well. Some clarity from the club would be awesome.

All efforts are appreciated Mark, I don't think many here want to know the private workings of the club or the players for that matter..it's just that the lack of communication tends to cause suspicion which inevitably leads to pessimism.
I try to stay positive about the clubs future but even I'm finding it difficult not to speculate about our current situation.

Good work Mark and Vid.
But I sincerely hope they will answer more then simply, who is coming or going, although beggars can't be choosers and I suppose it would at least be a start.

I need to hear accountability over the forum closure and for the loss of revenue that has and will result. Who made this decision?

Are the owners in 'total' control?

Is our bank balance healthy?

Why has communication between the club and members reached an all time low?

Why & how could they allow all of Aaron Markie's work (membership & website) to be undone?

What plans IN THIS COUNTRY do the Sea Eagles have to attract new members?

Will the Sea Eagles be approaching the FC for permission to take further games away from Brookvale?

How is the search for a major sponsor going? We know that betting agencies are out of the question at this stage, so who is else is keen?

Do they realise that by not allowing cameras into sheds and cutting press conferences short, that they are actually dudding their own supporters?

I'm sure there are plenty of other questions members and fans will want answered.

I think that would be great.

If we could get a Q & A session going, even if it is something we all collectively put together and submit as a document and have a single reply rather than a full interactive Q & A.

I would say they would prefer that then they have time to check the questions.

Unfortunately they have to distance themselves from us as any link would seem to further endorse us and obviously that would not be something the club would find desirable

Dan link said:

If we could get a Q & A session going, even if it is something we all collectively put together and submit as a document and have a single reply rather than a full interactive Q & A.

Unfortunately they have to distance themselves from us as any link would seem to further endorse us and obviously that would not be something the club would find desirable
Are you by any chance referring to us as undesirables...lol

Well let's just say this a forum where fans can truly speak their mind.
On MWSE people were hesitant to post precisely what they were thinking, so we got a watered down version of peoples thoughts.
Evidently, even that was too much for the club to handle  :-\

My proposal to them is this

1) We collect questions from fans
2) We select the 20 most common asked questions to be put
3) The CEO answers those questions and puts it on the MWSE website
4) That document then just gets copied to Silvertails in the usual way

As you would expect "some questions" just would not be entertained (as much as we'd all like to know) but others certainly should be able to be answered.

Again NO promises, all we are doing is suggesting the concept and hoping that the CEO will take it on board.

IF we can get him to agree then away we go, and the next "target" would be Des...he'll be a much harder nut to crack but I do think the fans deserve to hear from him as the only time we do is in the press conferences (often under pressure).

So fingers crossed

excellent work Mark from Bris and Vid
I certainly really appreciate any and all efforts you are making to help bring some clarity to so many issues

manlyborn link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=183995.msg273844#msg273844 date=1278974945]

Are you by any chance referring to us as undesirables...lol
[/quote]

There is still I think a view that we are somehow evil, bad and looking to bring the downfall of the club or some other rubbish.

Nothing could be further from the truth however. We are just Manly fans wanting to talk about Manly

Could be worse Dan. They could make us hand our questions to the United Nations first so they can act as intermediaries between ST and MWSE.
Then MWSE can hand their answers back to the UN so they can forward them to us all here.

There are some evil, bad and just plain ugly people on this site Dan.  I won't mention any names though.

TBh a lot of the past seems to have finally been forgotten, even though much of what was floating around was BS anyway.

Some stigma's are hard to kill though

DSM5 link said:
There are some evil, bad and just plain ugly people on this site Dan.  I won't mention any names though.
There are also people that like to attack the man, not the ball  ;)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4