we will lose foran

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hope I don't fall into that category.

Let's face it there are lots of questions people would love to ask but they just won't answer...stuff to do with Delmege and Penn will be a no go zone for sure...we just have to live with that.

And no WAMF the questions won't have to go to New York first.

My proposal would be to have fans put their questions here under a thread titled Q & A Questions to MWSE, and then perhaps Dan, Vid and I chose the 20 most popular (and appropriate) to go forward.

That's my plan anyway, just let's hope we can pull it off.

I have know desire to question the owners individual situations, just as I would not like to have people ask the same of myself.
Although I would be very interested in the financial viability of the club I support.
Unfortunately I fear that both questions would somehow be intertwined and know reply would be forthcoming. ???

I think some of you are under the impression that manly is a 'club' in the old fashioned sense of the word.  It's not.  It's privately owned and as such can release or not release any inside information as to it's current financial situation, so you're just not going to get it.  I'm sure Crowe wouldn't be interested in releasing honest financial info on the rabbits either, or for that matter, any club of the old school either.  All you get from Souths is chook feed about how well the club is doing.  Dubious to say the least.  If we lose Foran there's always someone else ready to step up into the position.  Foran seems to have gone off the boil lately which really should be the issue.  And while we're at it, Ballin doesn't seem to be setting the place on fire as well.  And WAMF, muscle up mate, this is a site where the man can be played.  All good really.    

The questions (as I say above) will need to be appropriate to have any chance of being answered, and you are dead right DSM...NO CHANCE of any financial questions being answered...and I can't say I'd blame them, as a business owner myself I wouldn't answer a question like that.

It would be VERY different if the Football Club owned the eagles, then as a member (of the Football Club) you'd have every right to ask.

So start thinking of the questions guys and I'll chase up the Q & A thing later in the week

Cheers

My first questions would be to Des.  "How come you always get caught with a goat?" and "Why cant do you do it in a place where you cant get your photo taken"

Heres an idea that a lot of people (e.g. The 'why wasn't Hokko signed after his 2nd game' people) don't seem to have brought into consideration.

Players don't have to sign the contracts  :eek:

Yes, that is correct they can hold out & see how the market develops. Doesn't mean that they don't want to sign for the club, just that even those with the tinniest bit of foresight can see that there are always possibilities to earn more money.

Foran isn't a plodder, he doesn't have to take the first contract thrown at him. I'm not suprised at all that he isn't signed yet, it's what I would've expected to be honest.

IF we can get him to agree then away we go, and the next "target" would be Des...he'll be a much harder nut to crack but I do think the fans deserve to hear from him as the only time we do is in the press conferences (often under pressure).

Trying to get Des to say something!?!?That would be near impossible!That press conference after the raiders game was disgusting,and embarrassing (something I'd expect from Bennett).Hasler should have been fined by the NRL for that crap!One question...a press "conference"...I don't think so!

The Wheel link said:
My first questions would be to Des.  \"How come you always get caught with a goat?\" and \"Why cant do you do it in a place where you cant get your photo taken\"

The second question is how come the dud players like Willo, Bailey and Perry always have photos of you and the goat and not players like killer and snake?

One question i would ask is why can't we have a dedicated Manly program that can be broadcast on fox or something similar. Similar to the deal with NZ tv, have a weekly 30 hour show to give the fans some in-site into the team and what's happening.

Of course, that will never happen...

abnc link said:
Similar to the deal with NZ tv, have a weekly 30 hour show to give the fans some in-site into the team and what's happening.

I love Manly, but dunno if I could sit through a 30 hour show!!

Jonesyv2 link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=183995.msg273769#msg273769 date=1278931525]
Baz.....Vid and I are working on it, trust me we are doing all we can to see the lines of communication open once again.....and I can assure you we have made them aware that the fans are VERY unhappy

Unhappy would be the understaement of the century Mark.
[/quote]
pissed off would be a much better way to discribe the contempt we are being treated with

Mick Juice link said:
[quote author=abnc link=topic=183995.msg273947#msg273947 date=1278990843]
Similar to the deal with NZ tv, have a weekly 30 hour show to give the fans some in-site into the team and what's happening.

I love Manly, but dunno if I could sit through a 30 hour show!!
[/quote]

My bad, meant 30 minute show

Cambo link said:
[quote author=Jonesyv2 link=topic=183995.msg273776#msg273776 date=1278932540]
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=183995.msg273769#msg273769 date=1278931525]
Baz.....Vid and I are working on it, trust me we are doing all we can to see the lines of communication open once again.....and I can assure you we have made them aware that the fans are VERY unhappy

[/quote]
pissed off would be a much better way to discribe the contempt we are being treated with
[/quote]

I haven't been treated with any contempt ?

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Cambo link=topic=183995.msg273960#msg273960 date=1278995228]
[quote author=Jonesyv2 link=topic=183995.msg273776#msg273776 date=1278932540]

[/quote]
[/quote]

I haven't been treated with any contempt ?
[/quote]
cos you are a true supporter ;) :p

Let's be honest Cliffy

5-6 weeks ago, there was the odd thing bubbling around but generally the club was looking ok

Now, after the gave mistake of closing an internet forum, the club is in crisis, the players hate Des and some hate each other,  there are 173 very good and reliable sources from inside the club handing us this info

Who would have known an internet forum could take a club to the brink ;)

The reality may be that the club is in a little bit of strife, but I have no doubt the sky is not falling as some people would like to have us believe

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Let's be honest Cliffy

5-6 weeks ago, there was the odd thing bubbling around but generally the club was looking ok

Now, after the gave mistake of closing an internet forum, the club is in crisis, the players hate Des and some hate each other,  there are 173 very good and reliable sources from inside the club handing us this info

The reality may be that the club is in a little bit of strife, but I have no doubt the sky is not falling as some people would like to have us believe

What financial trouble? according to Matabele one is broke and the other has heaps so there's no cash problems ;)

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Let's be honest Cliffy

screw the forum seriously
but theres alot of rumours floating around and not alot of refuting being done by the club.

its weird

Cambo link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=183995.msg274010#msg274010 date=1279000601]
Let's be honest Cliffy

screw the forum seriously
but theres alot of rumours floating around and not alot of refuting being done by the club.

its weird
[/quote]

Bolded the most important word of your post.

I'd rather the club focuses on the important issues for the time being than chase around silly little rumours & accusation. I follow the Sea Eagles to see them play rugby. Couldn't really care less what some bottom feeding journo or uniformed plodder says about them in the paper/internet.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4