Weakness for Next Year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
MK Eagle said:
codewana said:
I'd have Farrar back in a heartbeat.
Who for - Robertson, Matai, Lyon, Robbo, Snake ,Hoppa , DCE, Foz or is he a front rower now. Glad the Manly selectors have moved foward. Not gunna bag Farrar - always tried hard but we do have better, thats why we let him go & other nrl clubs wern't lining up for his services.

Well, Hoppa won't be with us next year, and last time I checked Michael Robertson hasn't cloned himself so I don't know who the second Robbo you're referring to is...
On top of that, Wolfman may not play again, and Oldfield needs a bit more work before he is a first grade winger week in week out, but you're absolutely right @[MK Eagle], we're totally fine for wingers and backs next season. lol

codewana said:
MK Eagle said:
codewana said:
Who for - Robertson, Matai, Lyon, Robbo, Snake ,Hoppa , DCE, Foz or is he a front rower now. Glad the Manly selectors have moved foward. Not gunna bag Farrar - always tried hard but we do have better, thats why we let him go & other nrl clubs wern't lining up for his services.

Well, Hoppa won't be with us next year, and last time I checked Michael Robertson hasn't cloned himself so I don't know who the second Robbo you're referring to is...
On top of that, Wolfman may not play again, and Oldfield needs a bit more work before he is a first grade winger week in week out, but you're absolutely right @[MK Eagle], we're totally fine for wingers and backs next season. lol
Does Michael Robertson know your stalking him - how long since you checked??
Much prefer Olfield & Whare on the wings, both have genuine speed. Also Davey could be another likely prospect. I'm sure Des , Crusher & the Manly talent scouts all got it wrong by releasing a player like Farrar who is in such high demand but dont lose to much sleep - we are still managing without him - haha

Farrar back for say two years to cover Hoppa's absence. We saw yesterday that the cupboard was a little bare (defensively at least) once injuries/suspensions come into play. The guy was versatile, a terrific defender and pretty fast - I don't know where you get the idea that he had poor handling skills MK. Not great under the high ball at fullback, but a very capable centre.

MK Eagle said:
codewana said:
MK Eagle said:
codewana said:

Much prefer Olfield & Whare on the wings, both have genuine speed. Also Davey could be another likely prospect. I'm sure Des , Crusher & the Manly talent scouts all got it wrong by releasing a player like Farrar who is in such high demand but dont lose to much sleep - we are still managing without him - haha

I just figured that if he had made a double of himself we would not have fielded two relatively inexperienced wingers yesterday. Love the "stalking" jab at me after you obviously made a mistake (probably to back up your view) in your initital post.

I don't think the talent scouts/Des/Crusher got it wrong, but having Farrar back would be great - he can cover many positions and is tried and tested in the NRL.
By your logic, you wouldn't want to have had the Beaver back last year since he had done a stint elsewhere, or at the very least been under the impression that the powers at be at Manly "got it wrong" by letting him go in the first place. What's the big deal about losing a player and then wanting him back? We did that with Orford (and as a novelty, with BK), didn't we?

Don't get me wrong, Whare did a great job yesterday, and Oldfield's record isn't too shabby (if we omit yesterday's performance), but I really feel a bit more experience in our backs would not kill us - even if just as a utility/backup. If we sign Farrar, great! If we don't, I expect Des and Crusher know what they are doing.

Duff said:
Yeah mate, that's the rumour anyway.
If not, between the young blokes, at least one of them will be a superstar.

This link, from July this year, says Ben Farrar will rejoin Manly next season.

http://www.totalrl.com/forums/index.php/topic/219639-catalans-ben-farrar-will-return-to-manly-in-2012/

codewana said:
MK Eagle said:
codewana said:
MK Eagle said:
codewana said:

I just figured that if he had made a double of himself we would not have fielded two relatively inexperienced wingers yesterday. Love the "stalking" jab at me after you obviously made a mistake (probably to back up your view) in your initital post.

I don't think the talent scouts/Des/Crusher got it wrong, but having Farrar back would be great - he can cover many positions and is tried and tested in the NRL.
By your logic, you wouldn't want to have had the Beaver back last year since he had done a stint elsewhere, or at the very least been under the impression that the powers at be at Manly "got it wrong" by letting him go in the first place. What's the big deal about losing a player and then wanting him back? We did that with Orford (and as a novelty, with BK), didn't we?

Don't get me wrong, Whare did a great job yesterday, and Oldfield's record isn't too shabby (if we omit yesterday's performance), but I really feel a bit more experience in our backs would not kill us - even if just as a utility/backup. If we sign Farrar, great! If we don't, I expect Des and Crusher know what they are doing.

Farrar is a reasonable fill in, defence, handling & speed is lacking.
The bloke actually runs a good line & support play also good, but it is what it is - average utility player.
Really missing the logic with comparing Beaver & BK to Farrar - slightly different quality for mine but if you think he's that good can tell why you want Farrar back so desperately.

Wasn't comparing Farrar to BK/Beaver as a player. I just question the notion that Des would have made a mistake if he let a player go then wanted him back later when things change.

"I'm sure Des , Crusher & the Manly talent scouts all got it wrong by releasing a player like Farrar who is in such high demand"

Nothing weak about our team next year. Especially full strength.

01. Stewart
02. Robertson
03. Matai
04. Lyon
05. Williams
06. Foran
07. DCE
08. King
09. Ballin
10. Lussick
11. Watmough
12. Galuvou
13. Stewart

14.Buhrer
15.Williams
16.Rose
17. Kite

Copa Eagle said:
Nothing weak about our team next year. Especially full strength.

01. Stewart
02. Robertson
03. Matai
04. Lyon
05. Williams
06. Foran
07. DCE
08. King
09. Ballin
10. Lussick
11. Watmough
12. Galuvou
13. Stewart

14.Buhrer
15.Williams
16.Rose
17. Kite
This makes perfect sense, when you throw in Oldfield, Whare & Davey we are not so skinny on outside backs after all.

Looks good.

Keeping pretty the same squad this year, going into next year.

Should consolidate our combinations and only improve.

Only young hoppa gone.

I'd start Kite ahead of Lussick though

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8