Web Browsers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mate, you forgot Wallsend, Stanmore, Bondi, Chatswood and Camperdown (that's off the top of my head, anyway). I've lived in more suburbs than you have filled your car in :)

Anyway, please let's not get *too* offtopic... I don't want this once intelligent thread to go to crap like all the others!!

Where are all the IE users?

fair call the **** pipe is just longer! :)

I use IE at work sometimes, but only for some stupid site for work that only works through IE!

Thanks for the tip Narc and Dan, Ive used Kerio in the past but I'll check both those Virus sites out.

Ive resisted the urge to connect since moving house about 5 months ago but the time has just about come.

I'm sure my nice new recently built clean PC will hate me for it but you get that.

Ive only used firefox sparingly and found it hard to get a handle on, probably as I had always used IE. But all my sources which I consider competent swear by firefox so thats the way I'll go.

the learning curve from IE to firefox is now very minimal

yeah I'm talking 12 - 18 months ago when I was last online at home, only had Firefox for a week or so.

Whats a recommended ISP for decent broadband? bearing in mind I'm out here in bumpkinland :)

it depends on your needs. i am with TPG

I know a couple of guys on that, speeds arent fantastic out here.

Ive had iinet, netspace and exetel all recomended to me

I was on the Pacific Express Off-Peak 512 plan when I was over there. It was 512K non business hours and 128K during business hours and completely uncapped with regards to downloads. However, I just noticed then that now it gets shaped after 30G.

Man... I thought deals where meant to get better as time went on?!?!?

whirlpool.net.au is your friend when it comes to this, I reckon.

Please let me brag, though. Now, I know there's lots of people in the world that have it better than me, but this is the ISP that I'm currently with. Best thing is that as a normal cable customer, it gets bundled for free (although I think I'm only getting 5Mbps for some reason).

exetel are good as well as the others. TPG speeds are pretty good for me but I am not far from the exchange

I know how to use IE and does all I need. dont want to complicate things for a IT retard like myself!!!

garts if you can use IE you can use Firefox

IE -> like living in Bankstown
FireFox -> like living in a mansion in mosman

You get drive by pop-ups and its easy for you to get fully hacked hey br0

IE also get pregnant with viruses and issues before its been running for 15......

Despite the terrible analogies Garts, I kind of have to agree. Trust me: Firefox does not complicate things.

Unwanted popups, unwanted access to your machine and and application does doesn't support standards that are already outdated: that is what complicates things!

Plus let me add another thing: on installing Firefox, it can copy over your bookmarks, passwords and everything (right down to your browsers cache). This makes it really easy to get back up and going.

I ask you as I asked SilentBob: give either one of them a go for a week and let us know what you thought.

garts if you can use IE you can use Firefox

IE -> like living in Bankstown
FireFox -> like living in a mansion in mosman

So firefox runs around claiming to be the best thing ever when it has a couple of fancy graphics but overall is worse than ie

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2