• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Just wanted to get everyones feedback on the speed of the site. With this years tipping comp funds I will be looking at trying to nail down the best possible speeds for everyone and making decisions on hosts and website platform.

If the forums gets hacked again we will be migrating to another platform.

I also am on the look out for someone who can assist with merchandising for the site, both with obtaining and perhaps distribution. I want to look at hats, shirts and possibly beer coolers.

Any feedback or help is much appreciated.

Dan

Hi mate,

The speed of the site seems consistent with all other sites I frequent.

Faster then some.

As for part 2.... sorry. I wish I was still in aust at my as I had contacts with companies that do that sort of thing. But no more.

However.....good to hear your thinking of such.

You should get a price for a spot on the sleeve....then if we raise the cash......you're rich!

globaleagle said:
Hi mate,

The speed of the site seems consistent with all other sites I frequent.

Faster then some.

As for part 2.... sorry. I wish I was still in aust at my as I had contacts with companies that do that sort of thing. But no more.

However.....good to hear your thinking of such.

You should get a price for a spot on the sleeve....then if we raise the cash......you're rich!

ha Whilst Larissa was here I probably could have made that request

Front page is still sometimes slow but I have the forums performance fairly well tuned

Mine's kinda slow at the moment (3:20am sydney time)....and similar to yesterday evening for me.

Don't know why.

yup been at a crawl since friday. Am trying to trace the cause now.

Thinking I just might invest in having it professionally worked on :)

Dan said:

plenty of 'pros' in amsterdan!

Also....sometimes when replying, it takes quite awhile for the post to...get posted. Get the loading circle swirling round and round...etc.

globaleagle said:
Dan said:

plenty of 'pros' in amsterdan!

Also....sometimes when replying, it takes quite awhile for the post to...get posted. Get the loading circle swirling round and round...etc.

yes this is due to the performance issue I am trying to find, it has to do a new call to the server to process you post, which is basically load.

The site is at high load at the moment and hitting 70% memory usage no explanation as to why yet, but I may take away some feature to see if i can trace it

@globaleagle made some changes, let me know if it is any faster. The memory usage is at 100% so I need to fix that a little but it should be a bit smoother now

Dan said:
@globaleagle made some changes, let me know if it is any faster. The memory usage is at 100% so I need to fix that a little but it should be a bit smoother now

so far so good!

globaleagle said:
Dan said:

so far so good!

Had a busy last week and a nightmare month ahead, however squeezed in an hour of changes for the site tonight. We are now on a new database platform which should be faster. I'm noticing better speeds so would like to know how it is for others

Out of all the web sites I use, Silvertails is definately the slowest.
Why

If I use the Silvertail android app, the number of times it just closes down is amazing - again way more than any other web site I use.

Anyone else have these issues?

Why

If I use the Silvertail android app, the number of times it just closes down is amazing - again way more than any other web site I use.

I Can't say that the website is slow, that goes OK but the app shuts down when I try to post etc.
Dans on it but may take time.

Why

Website speeds are fine looking at the actual throughput. The app is a bit slower and is currently broken in Android, a new one i being released soon.

The advertising does slow down the site, premium membership should see much faster speeds for you

wooo boy, is the site ever slow this morning!

Almost 1 minute for pages to load.

I've logged on and off

Cleared caches too!

G
wooo boy, is the site ever slow this morning!

Almost 1 minute for pages to load.

I've logged on and off

Cleared caches too!
Hmmm working ok on this end, I'll reboot it anyway see if it releases some
Memory also need to drop some other moving parts too

G
Hmmm working ok on this end, I'll reboot it anyway see if it releases some
Memory also need to drop some other moving parts too

It got better as the day wore on (like most of us) and seems fine 'this morning' - 5.30pm your time I think

It got better as the day wore on (like most of us) and seems fine 'this morning' - 5.30pm your time I think
Could have either been one of the background tasks running or network load. I have found a number of issues caused this year by our neighbouring virtual machines, which is why I want to get on a dedicated server to alleviate those, then its only my code, network or hardware issues that will cause problems

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4