Weekes - need's Blacktown ASAP

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Im of the belief that weekes is solely in the 17 each week as back up to tom with the club knowing full well hes not 100% fit, the fact that he can cover a croker for short periods helps justify this. A perfect world would see croker and gordon rotating but im thinking the club sees a new centre into the top 30 as a priority right now

I said to my son last night we should never have put him in - and that’s fine. Last nights game was a grinder where we needed to keep it tight in the middle. Croker should have just played the 80. Weekes coming on stifled the flow a bit. Weekes will be good to inject in a game say vs Tigers when we are rolling through their forwards with a bit of momentum. I still like carrying him as 14 tho and am ok if he doesn’t get a run if the situation doesn’t suit.
I dunno waz, I think croker’s good burst in the last 10 mins was due to him having a rest. He was fresh

I’m not sure if giving Weekes 10-15 mins a game at hooker primarily is good for his development.

I’d rather him play 80 mins for Blacktown at FB.

I dunno waz, I think croker’s good burst in the last 10 mins was due to him having a rest. He was fresh

Agreed Shoe. Weekes was only on for 14 minutes of the game. Hardly time to settle in. Still did 6 tackles in that short time (no missed tackles). Important that Croker has time out because usually an 80 minute player and last two weeks, his missed tackle ration has taken his reliability down to 75% for the Newcastle game (80 mins of field) and just over 80% for the Penrith game (76 minutes on field). This week around 94% (67 minutes on field), as well as enough energy coming back to be on the spot to to score a try. These players arent robots. They tire and its important to, as Seibs said in his interview, care for the players.

I don't blame him because he hasn't trained to be a backup hooker, his position is completely different, he wants to play 1 or 6. Just can't fit in those spots for us. He's in a weird position.

I don't blame him because he hasn't trained to be a backup hooker, his position is completely different, he wants to play 1 or 6. Just can't fit in those spots for us. He's in a weird position.

Of course he is being trained as the backup hooker. Why do you think he is #14 and takes the place of Froggy every week?

I agree with you thou, he is wasted at 14. However he is not good enough at this stage to play in the backline.
Footy is all about taking your opportunities. Weekes had that last week playing #6 - unfortunately he failed to rise to the occasion.

Is he better off playing Reggie's at #1 for the next few weeks so he has the confidence to replace Tommy when he is playing origin?

Of course he is being trained as the backup hooker. Why do you think he is #14 and takes the place of Froggy every week?

I agree with you thou, he is wasted at 14. However he is not good enough at this stage to play in the backline.
Footy is all about taking your opportunities. Weekes had that last week playing #6 - unfortunately he failed to rise to the occasion.

Is he better off playing Reggie's at #1 for the next few weeks so he has the confidence to replace Tommy when he is playing origin?
He trained the whole preseason at fullback and five eight

My take on Weekes is that he is in the 17 because Manly know he is really promising but can't start in his preferred position/s.

And if he is playing at Blacktown instead, then he is on the next train out of here.

So being named as a utility is a bit of a compromise. It's a pretty ugly fit at back up hooker, but at least he's in the team getting real experience.

He trained the whole preseason at fullback and five eight

Really

So playing #14 just came up a few days before round 1 with zero training or coaching around #14?

Who was going to be #14 before Weekes miraculously was handed the position out of thin air by the coach?

Btw, it certainly did not look like he trained #6 all off-season based on his first match there v Penrith.

He looked a bit down when he came off last night. I know that DCE had a bit of a word with him after one of his passes. If I was him, I'd have Gordo in the back of my mind. That is, that he is pretty much the next hooker (to share with Croker) in a couple of months and that might leave him back at Blacktown. But I could be reading more into it than there actually is.

Really

So playing #14 just came up a few days before round 1 with zero training or coaching around #14?

Who was going to be #14 before Weekes miraculously was handed the position out of thin air by the coach?

Btw, it certainly did not look like he trained #6 all off-season based on his first match there v Penrith.

Idk but the word was that he was training at fullback predominately during the whole preseason. I think they just didn't have a direct plan on how to use Weekes as a 14, whether it was just coverage for backs, or Dylan Walker type role, or this backup hooker role he has now. There was no direction with it and now he's looking out of his depth.

Nah. Gordie available Round 10 (or is it 11?) and will be the Froggy interchange. Weekes did train at FB so where this all leaves him I have no idea.

Poor bugger.

Nah. Gordie available Round 10 (or is it 11?) and will be the Froggy interchange. Weekes did train at FB so where this all leaves him I have no idea.

Poor bugger.
GCKT is not necessarily available.Unless he gets upgraded to the 30,Manly and every other club,have to ask the NRL to use their development players.For example,if Manly have a shortage of dummy halves in their 30 due to injuries,they need clearance from the NRL to use Gordon

Really

Suggest that Lawton was going to be #14… injured for first few weeks then injured again.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8