What a ripper day

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dan link said:
Sounds like a good one, ashame Leanne and I couldnt make it.

Would have been great to catch up with everyone and especially catch up with Doug, Tez, Matt and PJ (did PJ make it?)

Oh well, we will have to organise a melbourne trip soon, too many friends down there for us to catch up with

If we play them in the finals there might be another chance to get down, especially seeing as we probably would have finished 5th, it would be an omen!!

Yes I have been through the Ladder predictor about a dozen times today....I have us finishing in 5th...so I have a feeling we will be back to Olympic Park on Friday night the 11th of September.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Yes I have been through the Ladder predictor about a dozen times today....I have us finishing in 5th...so I have a feeling we will be back to Olympic Park on Friday night the 11th of September.

Maybe not.  The warriors are a good chance to beat the storm in the last game of the year in NZ.

Stacey Jones last game and a Sonny Fai tribute.  The warriors will be fired up for a big game. 

Win the next two and they lose that one AND we'd be 4th, I agree.

And to be honest that's where you's want to be (given where we are at present), 4th would be the best outcome.

I bet they feel that loss to the Rabbits now??

Despite my tongue in cheek sallies about sandwiches, it seems you're doing a great job with these supporter tours Mark and Co.

Long gone are the days when Manly fans were criticised for not wanting to cross the bridge!!!  I look forward to retirement or the day when the NRL can announce the exact draw at the start of the season. Then those of us employed can join the others on the trips. :) :) :)

CW you have NO IDEA what a difference that would make, the bain of my life.

The Melbourne deal was put together and marketed out all in the course of one week.

We had 103 people go......had that date been decided at the start of the year and had people had time to plan (and save) and grab $19.00 airfares (yes they did exist on the Melbourne route) there would have been 503 people there not 103.

Bloody NRL and their media alignments...gives me the ****s!!

Anyone heard a foot-long sub at Subways? From what I hear, that should give you an insight into what Douggies missus sees in him...

Hehehehehe

Ryan link said:
Anyone heard a foot-long sub at Subways? From what I hear, that should give you an insight into what Douggies missus sees in him...

Hehehehehe
Worked for you too did it Ryan?

Yep, a top weekend down south and fun had by all....

Clon, good to meet you at long last and glad you and the missus had fun.

Wheel....my agent has been pretty active of late and of course I don't get out of bed for anything less than a free sandwhich and a bottle of extra dry?

That said, I did mates rates for Mark and reduced the appearance fee to a party pie and a bit of pizza - that said $10 for a pint of Stella in the hotel at the function and I was down on the deal!

Great to see so many who travelled - caught up with some of the regulars and met a whole new group of first time travellers so great that more people are getting involved.

I had a few chats with various Storm supporters who were amazed at how many of us were there and the noise that we were making...mind you there were a few people in the stand behind us that were less than enthusiastic at their bay being taken over by a load of mad Manly supportahs.

Lot of fun and great to get the win...

Moment of the weekend was the great Billy Slater losing the plot as a group of the under 12's screeched "40-0" at him as he was walking past us to the game  just as we got off the bus - They scared me so wouldn't know how he felt with this pack of urchins heading his way!!

Ryan link said:

Hehehehehe

Well I had a text from the man a day or so back where he mentioned having a 2 inch Schlong. 

vidmar link said:
Moment of the weekend was the great Billy Slater losing the plot as a group of the under 12's screeched \"40-0\" at him as he was walking past us to the game  just as we got off the bus - They scared me so wouldn't know how he felt with this pack of urchins heading his way!!

That would have been funny.  I would have loved to have seen the look on his face.

Sadly I missed that bit, I had ducked across the road when there was a break in the traffic (not waiting for the lights).

Whilst I can appreciate him not liking the 40-0 song, to slag off and swear to a bunch of 8-12 year olds is very low.

Different had the adults been singing it, but to say that to a bunch of kids is just not on from a "high profile" of his elk.

What can I say, he's from Queensland!!

Jethro link said:
[quote author=vidmar link=topic=181444.msg238171#msg238171 date=1251164132]

Moment of the weekend was the great Billy Slater losing the plot as a group of the under 12's screeched \"40-0\" at him as he was walking past us to the game  just as we got off the bus - They scared me so wouldn't know how he felt with this pack of urchins heading his way!!

That would have been funny.  I would have loved to have seen the look on his face.
[/quote]

I understand Slater's reply to the kids was well less than satisfactory - something slong the lines of "**** off".  Not quite up to the expectations of one of gallop's wonder/poster boys.

The Wheel link said:
[quote author=Jethro link=topic=181444.msg238176#msg238176 date=1251166145]

[quote author=vidmar link=topic=181444.msg238171#msg238171 date=1251164132]

[/quote]

I understand Slater's reply to the kids was well less than satisfactory - something slong the lines of "F**k off".  Not quite up to the expectations of one of gallop's wonder/poster boys.
[/quote]

Oh, okay, that puts it into a different light. I didn't know that he swore at them. A great example to children he is then.

Maybe the incident should be reported to the NRL then (not that they are going to do anything about the grub).

Yes it would be interesting to see their response (as you say filed in the bin under 'who cares")

Geez, if a bunch of smart arse 12 year olds can't handle a simple "get fcuked" or "fcuk off" then society's in worse shape than I thought.

The point Volly is they were not all 12 year olds, some were as young as 7 or 8, and at whatever pioint you think society is at in my opinion that's unacceptable from one of the NRL's "poster boys"

To be fair the parents just laughed it off so it's not going to become a "federal affair" but rather we found it amusing that Billy would let a bunch of kids get under his skin.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2