What a rort!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
as usual feck me - rough decisions but no way they were biased - just crap

Time to pack away the tin foil lads. It is crap for everyone

Cambo said:
This bloke cummins refereeed origin 2. He must do a great job sucking bills cock without any teeth scraping to stay in first grade let alone get a gig in origin.

Rofl I made a remark like that whilst sitting infront of a slow witted riff fan who kept saying ' suck' after the manly chant, he called me a blind ****,i ignored the filthy ****er and kept giving **** to penrith calling them average saying 'they needed that penalty' ad nasium

Once again a video ref has pulled out a totally incomprehensible, jaw-dropping decision against Manly, costing 6 crucial points that swung the game momentum. Once any decision goes to a video ref we all expect the next absolute shocker. Dump the failed video ref system.

Did I hear Cummins say when he penalised Matai on the last tackle, that he was offside every tackle in that set of six, and that the linesman was calling Matai's name constantly in Cummins' ear throughout the set? So Cummins justification for the penalty on the last tackle was that he ignored his job for 5 full plays in the set of 6 plays? Is his refereeing that random and erratic?

We live in a Bill Harrigan era of refereeing.

Honestly, most of those calls weren't too harsh, some could have went either way.

A couple of "flat" passes by both teams could have been called forward, but probably ok to let go.

With that no try against Manly I actually did think there was a possibility our player knocked it on into the Penrith player before it again rebounded off his arm and away - but man you couldn't actually see that and it looked just as possible that it didn't. My mate reckon'ed they should have gave it benefit of the doubt.

However that penalty against Glenn for hands in the ruck on the tackled player was bull****.

There was another call against Manly I thought was blatantly wrong too, can't recall which.

Thankfully we still got the 2 points.

bob dylan said:
One of the worst 80 minute display of refereeing I have seen in 5 years.

I reckon Des should spend $10,000 soon. t will be money well spent with the finals coming up.

Sydney City has found the way around that, have the coach remain silent during the post match conference and let the captain do the talking.

Anasta gave it too them after last nights match, he will not get fined for what he said but if Brian Smith had said it he would have.

ssar said:
With that no try against Manly I actually did think there was a possibility our player knocked it on into the Penrith player before it again rebounded off his arm and away - but man you couldn't actually see that and it looked just as possible that it didn't. My mate reckon'ed they should have gave it benefit of the doubt.

Have a look at the video and you'll see there was never a gap between the ball and the Penrith player's chest until it popped a metre towards Manly's line. Plus the ball was always in the Penrith player's hands until it popped out heading towards Manly. Foran simply did not touch it after it left the Penrith player's possession, so there was never a possibility of a knock on by Foran. But if the video referee had any doubt at all, according to the rules the decision had to favour Manly. Sack him.

ssar said:
However that penalty against Glenn for hands in the ruck on the tackled player was bull****.
The Penrith player simply dropped the ball when he hit it against his own knee. Stewart was totally clear of him. Shocking decision again.

ssar said:
Honestly, most of those calls weren't too harsh, some could have went either way.

It's the 50/50 calls which go one way which are the most insidious.

A 10-3 penalty count certainly didn't reflect a difference in compliance between the teams.

How many stuff ups does it take before the NRL realises that the video ref is a proven failure?
The game isn't played in slow motion, so why make rulings based on this? Please, let's go back to when all decisions were made by the on-field ref at normal speed. We won't get any more howlers that we currently do with the costly, time-wasting video system we have had to endure.

Don't hold your breath waiting for a good ref. No such thing. All we can hope for is we are due to be on the right end of some of those dubious decision in the coming weeks in hopefully a more important game than todays. Not thats how I want to win, but I'd prefer it not to cost us then.

yeah, the blondie was going mental, think she was going to get arrested!! funny thing, she'd go I'm okay, they'd let her go and pow again, had a manly jumper on to. Think bf was playing home and away lol

Can anyone explain why its so difficult to get things right when you were a pink shirt.

While I have no sympathy for the rorters,I've never seen a team get whipped in the penalty count so often.Sat night it was on again.The "hometown harries" in pink,were giving the wests magpies/tigers plenty of leniency,and the rorters didn't get any.The commentators even said at one stage that they gave a "crowd" penalty.The crowd shouldn't be influencing the refs-they should be unbiased.......hahahahahaha.

ayjay007 said:
While I have no sympathy for the rorters,I've never seen a team get whipped in the penalty count so often.Sat night it was on again.The "hometown harries" in pink,were giving the wests magpies/tigers plenty of leniency,and the rorters didn't get any.The commentators even said at one stage that they gave a "crowd" penalty.The crowd shouldn't be influencing the refs-they should be unbiased.......hahahahahaha.

Wow, thats a different point of view ayjay, the Roosters are the refs darlings imo.

Roosters won the penalties 9-5 on Saturday night.

The week before against Souths they won the count 7-3.

bob dylan said:
ayjay007 said:

Wow, thats a different point of view ayjay, the Roosters are the refs darlings imo.

Roosters won the penalties 9-5 on Saturday night.

The week before against Souths they won the count 7-3.

are you sure.It was 7-3 tigers at one stage.I thought it was 9-5 tigers.And that "forward" pass try that was pulled up was 50/50 AT WORST!

From NRL website match review

The Roosters, who have struggled to repeat the form that took them to the grand final last year, continued to battle hard, but let themselves down with some poor errors as they were hammered in the penalty count 9-5.

Wait until next week, the tigers always have the refs on their side, if you think we had it tough this week we are going to get hammered to the max on Friday

The Tigers did win the penalties 9-5, and I agree that Easts get the rough end as much as we do. Obviously there are no refs born in the more affluent areas. Guess we have real jobs.

For all those thinking Manly were robbed in a "no try" call vs Penrith where Foran was ruled to have knocked on in stripping the ball, wait until you see the Titans first try today.

Greg Bird stripped ball from Uate in much the same manner as Foran, but ball can clearly seen going from his hand into the lower body of Uate. Titans went across for a try but no replay called for. Try awarded.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
yep saw that they had no doubt about it
f**king joke

You have thought given the Manly no try must have been worked over by all the match officials on Monday there's no way that today's try could have been allowed.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7