What are we missing the most?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

What position needs urgent recruiting?

• Total voters
The whole Blacktown thing is overplayed imo, its not the cause of our issues.

And our recruitment of young western Sydney talent has nothing to do with Blacktown. The young first grade prospects like you're Fainu's Olakau'atus Koulas are all signed and play manly juniors from Matts and sure some pass through the door of Blacktown at some stage. But Workers arent the reason we are signing these kids

We never use to have Blacktown, and hey we were successful. Was only the Fultons who were hell bent on bringing in the islanders from the west. Its failed, so back to the drawing board, something has to change.. And please I mean no disrespect to the great Bozo. Just what we have had and continue to have is not acceptable.
Over the years I think a lot more Islander players have increased their demographic in the NRL . Im speculating maybe the participation rates of kids in Rugby League outside of the Penriths / Parramatta / Fairfield / Campbelltown areas might be on the decline and maybe thats why the Fultons did what they did with Blacktown. I could be wrong. As I said Im just speculating. Although you do read of parents of Australian backgrounds not wanting to have their kids play RL due to the size disparity in the Juniors (ie Polynesian kids) which can result in serious injury. Again I could be wrong.

The whole Blacktown thing is overplayed imo, its not the cause of our issues.

And our recruitment of young western Sydney talent has nothing to do with Blacktown. The young first grade prospects like you're Fainu's Olakau'atus Koulas are all signed and play manly juniors from Matts and sure some pass through the door of Blacktown at some stage. But Workers arent the reason we are signing these kids
they all come form the area, at all ages. Its seen as the great feeder area, but not for us. Its the players Penrith reject, that make Penrith the best.

they all come form the area, at all ages. Its seen as the great feeder area, but not for us. Its the players Penrith reject, that make Penrith the best.
They all come from Western Sydney, so yes recruiting talent from a larger catchment is certainly a plan.

But that and the partnership with Blacktown are two seperate things

If we had a Max Krilich, a Terry Randall, a Graham Eadie and a Bob Fulton I think we could do something.

Mental Toughness
Any game that gets tough and into an arm wrestle, we seem to break first.
Teams like Penrith and Melbourne thrive on these games and I guess that's why they bully us and other mid and bottom teams over the past few seasons
It's like teams know we are not too resilient and in those arm wrestle games, know they just need to hang in that bit longer and we'll crack.
Till we improve this area, will continue to be beaten up by the Top 4 teams.

Hunger and desire to win.

Like the Raiders showed on the weekend, the whole side dug in and stayed on task, they had no chance on paper, thing is they just wanted that win, with and without the ball, Rapana‘s 33 and the hunger and desire he plays with is what we sadly lack, Jake aside there’s just no hunger or desire in the side at present, where’s the pride, put a bomb under them and work their asses off, where no where near fit enough, that’s clear to see and a huge part of why we can’t stay in the game, which also most definitely has a flow on effect to our mental resilience.

Can I suggest an addition to the poll??

* resilient fans
We are resilient ...... we're all still here.

We've had record numbers sign up for memberships, sold out or big crowds at home games. We're just as passionate as ever but after years of sub par performances and with all the hope and hype of the new coaching structure, a supposedly good off season, a fit Turbo ....... expectations were built about a big improvement on 2022.

I agree it's early in the year but the signs are not great. Defence is attitude and our defence once again sucks. Defence says a lot about where we are at and our willingness to fight as a team. If nothing else going into this year that's what I wanted to see improve and we did see it early in the year. However the last few weeks I'm not seeing anything that says we've improved on 2022.

Anyway, let's see what the next 4 to 5 games bring?

Get a broom and clean out the over paid, the constant injured and the mediocrity. There might be about 3 or 4 left.
That leaves Jake, Koula and Ola. Maybe Bullemoor on minimum wages. Wow you mark tough!

But you are also 100-% right as well.

NYEagle

We are resilient ...... we're all still here.

We've had record numbers sign up for memberships, sold out or big crowds at home games. We're just as passionate as ever but after years of sub par performances and with all the hope and hype of the new coaching structure, a supposedly good off season, a fit Turbo ....... expectations were built about a big improvement on 2022.

I agree it's early in the year but the signs are not great. Defence is attitude and our defence once again sucks. Defence says a lot about where we are at and our willingness to fight as a team. If nothing else going into this year that's what I wanted to see improve and we did see it early in the year. However the last few weeks I'm not seeing anything that says we've improved on 2022.

Anyway, let's see what the next 4 to 5 games bring?
But let’s be a little fair , regardless of what everyone thinks we’d been going “ ok “ until Saturday night.

Yeah not brilliant , but certainly better than the last 7 rounds of 2022.

Then we strike the Premiers , at home , in absolute red hot form , minus a few of our regular players , and we get smoked !!

AND, then everyone on here wants to slash their wrists !!

**** me there’s some hard markers on Silvertails.

What are we missing? At this moment in the season)
A fit and mobile fullback.
An NRL standard right centre.
A left edge second row that can tackle.
An organising halfback with a skill set that includes game management under pressure.
An NRL standard and uninjured dummy half.
A five-eight that can string two consecutive games together without getting injured....
The rest we can work with as is.

Last edited:
N
But let’s be a little fair , regardless of what everyone thinks we’d been going “ ok “ until Saturday night.

Yeah not brilliant , but certainly better than the last 7 rounds of 2022.

Then we strike the Premiers , at home , in absolute red hot form , minus a few of our regular players , and we get smoked !!

AND, then everyone on here wants to slash their wrists !!

**** me there’s some hard markers on Silvertails.
No wrist slitting here. I agree we looked better at the start of the year but leaking 30 points against Eels, 32 points against Knights and another 44 against Panthers has me concerned. As I said let's wait and see ..... hopefully they'll regroup and we'll see an improvement.

N

No wrist slitting here. I agree we looked better at the start of the year but leaking 30 points against Eels, 32 points against Knights and another 44 against Panthers has me concerned. As I said let's wait and see ..... hopefully they'll regroup and we'll see an improvement.
My comments are never aimed at a specific poster, rather , the collective.

And the collective is doing a lot of wrist slitting.

By the way would I prefer that every game we scored 30+ and let in no more than 6???

Of course BUT the rules today , and the way the refs manipulate the game for the broadcasters , will see most game being 34 / 28 or the like.

I see it every game , and saw it on Saturday night , second half we got a run of penalties , and 6 agains , and scored twice , why “ we’ll we can’t have these blowouts can we it’s not a good look so let’s manipulate the game and make it closer “.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8