What Des has inherited

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor
Des has inherited a half baked club.
On and off the field.
He could do bugger all to improve the roster and had to appoint staff from scratch.
Basically what he left Tooves to do so no sympathies.
However, he has to work with a left over squad, who after the last poor excuse for a coach, had to be retrained from scratch and has given us a team to be proud of.
At least I am by the way they are having a go.
We have a great pack but lack class out wide and the match winners, especially with Turbo out.
So we are going to drop some games because of it.
I'm not someone who loses well.
But I can cop it from a team that plays like this one who is punching above it's weight and needs a bit more class and depth to trouble the more privileged.
We ain't far off...

It’s funny what sticks in your head after a game like that. Out of all the gutz and determination we showed, I go back to Jorge taking the kick only a metre from our line, and somehow drops to the ground, sticks in half a dozen harpoon anchors (it’s the only way he could’ve done it!) and stays in the field of play. That same play in the last several years would see him bundled into the ingoal. There’s a steely resolve to this mob, regardless of their talent.

Des inherited a bunch of individuals who lacked the belief and resolve to grind out games. He also inherited an imposter who couldn't get the best out of his mates nor instil discipline. How good must Trent Barrett feel to be sitting on the sidelines getting paid and being schooled by the great Des Hasler on how to COACH a first grade TEAM.

He is in a similar space as the one he inherited from Blunty going into the 2004 season.

Unlike then, it looks like he is bypassing the ‘2004 as 2019’ chapter and is straight into the ‘2005 as 2019’ chapter.

Who knows, before season’s end, we might be into the ‘2006 as 2019’ chapter.
Correct Terrence.
And here's another example that you would be able to agree or disagree with and for the young'uns, a history lesson.
In 85 we missed the finals.
Rare for us.
So Bozo bought Ronny Gibbs.
He was a centre but Bozo turned him into a mad 2nd rower.
In 86 we got bundled out of the finals by Balmain in the 1st week.
We had no class out wide other than Darrell Williams so he added Michael O'Connor.
And to top it off gave us a great forward pack with the purchase of Kevin Ward.
Our pack today is the equivalent of that but our backs are just short.
As I said
We ain't far off.
Players like Stuey Davis and David Ronson would be the players who would cop the criticism Parker and Elliot cop today until they win a premiership .
Then its back slappin time.
We ain't far off...

Des inherited a bunch of individuals who lacked the belief and resolve to grind out games. He also inherited an imposter who couldn't get the best out of his mates nor instil discipline. How good must Trent Barrett feel to be sitting on the sidelines getting paid and being schooled by the great Des Hasler on how to COACH a first grade TEAM.
Great post!

If you are referring to me bagging anyone as per the the post of the thread, I'm not really bagging anyone.
Just pointing out that we have a team that's far from great but having a lash and I'm happy with the fact that they are having a go and how close we are to something special.
If that's bagging anything then some of you have weird dreams...

If you are referring to me bagging anyone as per the the post of the thread, I'm not really bagging anyone.
Just pointing out that we have a team that's far from great but having a lash and I'm happy with the fact that they are having a go and how close we are to something special.
If that's bagging anything then some of you have weird dreams...
Not you mate. I'm being general

Des has inherited a half baked club.
On and off the field.
He could do bugger all to improve the roster and had to appoint staff from scratch.
Basically what he left Tooves to do so no sympathies.
However, he has to work with a left over squad, who after the last poor excuse for a coach, had to be retrained from scratch and has given us a team to be proud of.
At least I am by the way they are having a go.
We have a great pack but lack class out wide and the match winners, especially with Turbo out.
So we are going to drop some games because of it.
I'm not someone who loses well.
But I can cop it from a team that plays like this one who is punching above it's weight and needs a bit more class and depth to trouble the more privileged.
We ain't far off...

It's like Des has built a team that with Tom, Addin, and Dylan out, we can still be leading a game that requires the ref's to get back into their old swing of things and throw a few dodgy ones to keep us 'grounded'.

So things are looking up!

What I took out of last night is the fact that we are going to be in most games this year. If that occurs we’re going to get enough wins to have us in the hunt for a top 8 spot.

Dragons are absolutely a finals team with their roster (possibly top 4) so to do the job we did on them defensively last night has me proud. Our attack was poor at times without Turbo breaking the game open and the second phase we generate through AFB’s offloads, but that is to be expected.

The hurt and desire in this team is there for all to see under Des.

Not you mate. I'm being general
giphy.gif

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10