What is being said at the video sessions.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Okay, seen and heard all the usual about dumb players and dumb football.

Players by definition are dumb .. that's why we have $600k a year coaches .. to teach them how not to be DUMB.

Our current era of dumb footy has been going on far to long to blame individual players or the playing group ...

SO MY QUESTION IS .. what is Dessie saying at the video sessions and what highlights is he replaying for them.

@globaleagle has kindly offered to dig into his prize coffers for the most creative or funny (ironic) answer.

its often overlooked but i believe

Trent barrett had to provide his own video camera and tv and as a result we dont have videos sessions as he took it with him

Heard a rumour they all showered at his place too.

So... Let's go through it again....

When someone throws the ball to you - try your hardest to catch it.

Then, pass it to someone else behind you... preferably someone wearing the same colour shirt as you?

Don't worry, they won't think you're being rude if you look at them - got that Joshy?

Pretty sure someone would say something about not rushing up offside when we have the opposition pinned near their own line. Possibly not said loud enough, I don't know if they eat popcorn while watching these clips but that can make it harder to hear.

So... Let's go through it again....

When someone throws the ball to you - try your hardest to catch it.

Then, pass it to someone else behind you... preferably someone wearing the same colour shirt as you?

Don't worry, they won't think you're being rude if you look at them - got that Joshy?
Thanks for making me laugh as I have been crying since last night :)

Maybe the problem is that Dessie calls them video sessions and spends his time wandering the halls trying to find somewhere to plug in his Sony betamax ..

Des: "What are you guys watching? And why have you got that old VHS machine out?"

Team: "Uhhh....it's an old American football video.......we're watching it for.......motivation."

Des: " The Whole Nine Yards?"

Team: "No, it's not finished yet....!"

Des: "No, you idiots, what's the title?"

Team: "Ummm....it's about the Dallas Cowboys...we thought it was about being beaten by a team called 'the Debbies' or something, and coming back from that. But we found out that it was about..."

Des: "Yeah, yeah, umm ok, alright, I can see that it's already motivated a few of you. You'd better shut it off now - inflated egos are one thing, but this.............and to cap it off, I can clearly see that 'Debbie' can tackle better than most of you!!"

When Des returned to Manly, I remember Koroisau was bamboozled by Des's video sessions - think he was Api to get away :)

Maybe Des's game plans & instructions are too complex for some players?

Video sessions start out watching the game then just evolves into a Rabbit hole it's just like Facebook watching videos you find yourself watching idiotic videos for hours , well that's what happens to me anyway 🥺🥺🥺

Another repeat set of 6 Jake?
When are you going to make a 1 on 1 tackle Daly, they keep dragging you 10 metres
Was that no-look pass neccessary there?
See how that hurt us? Boys, we need to stop giving them piggybacks down field all game

Guessing the below but from the press conference's..

Des : pauses mmm aah

Chez : what was that?

Des : aah mmm sorry what did you say

Chez : Loudly what did you say?

Des : well mmm aah well

We look the same every week. Sloppy dumb and I’ll disciplined. Systems are archaic and sides are shutting us down easily. Our defence is featured by poor reads and players rushing up especially DCE. No leadership on the field and it looks like very little is happening at training.

Watching some of this i would say… looking alot like our game plan

1653728036170.gif

When I think of Des holding court with his players, I cast my mind back to Professor Julius Sumner Miller, although JSM was somewhat more articulate. And for the younger audience amongst us, if you have ever pondered how to place an egg inside of a bottle, this is your man.
11984E4F-F60F-4487-A5F8-691C1C44BC06.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8