What makes Turbo so special?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I watched him closely in the Mudgee game, only because I thought he'd injure himself. He stood about a metre and a half behind the play the ball for the first 4 tackles. This enabled him to dash from dummy half etc, then on the later tackles he just took off to whatever side had the holes in the defence and we were away. He did similar last week. The guy is a freak

I think if you've made it to being a nrl coach, you're probably on top of the turbo analysis. The question is how to stop him. He pops up everywhere attracting defenders attention with and without the ball.

In the 2015 Holden Cup season someone (possibly from Silvertails) said that he was worth at least 12 points per match to our side and it was hard to argue against.

Honestly at this point he is worth even more points per match to our NRL side in 2021... when he is on the field of course.

Turbo's acceleration from a stand still must be way up there compared to other players in the NRL and that's what breaks tackles.

You can run 10.5secs over 100m like Ado Carr and Saab however, they need space as their speed over the first 15m isn't at quick, just like Usain Bolt. The fastest man in the world was never the fastest out of the blocks and acceleration over 10m to 15m is what makes the real difference in NRL.

Morgan Harper has very quick acceleration over 10m, as does Walker, although he seems to have slowed.

They recorded Bolt's stride length at about 3m and I reckon Turbo would be right up there or about as much however, his acceleration is astounding and is what allows him to break the defence... here one second, gone the next as defenders are grasping at air or maybe just one leg. Turbo doesn't have the speed of the fastest over 100m however, over 15m, Turbo Tedesco and a couple of others, from a standing start, would smash the 100m runners.

I rate him as the most influential player I have seen play for Manly in over 40 years. I have never seen anybody dominate games like he has over the last two weeks. I really hope he can stay on the field without injury long term. Go Tommy!

He could have the size, speed, and talent and be very, very good. But it's his intelligence that sats him apart.

At the end of the day unless a coach is capable of lifting his players to give 110% for a full 80 minutes and win on the day all the other attributes stand for nothing
In the entire history of rugby league no coach has ever been able to do that.

In the 2015 Holden Cup season someone (possibly from Silvertails) said that he was worth at least 12 points per match to our side and it was hard to argue against.

Honestly at this point he is worth even more points per match to our NRL side in 2021... when he is on the field of course.
Haha great find! He absolutely tore them up after coming back from a stint in first grade.

Haha great find! He absolutely tore them up after coming back from a stint in first grade.
Stretching my memory but I think he had something obscene like 450 run metres in that match, there was an article about it on NRL.com about it at the time.

Ben looks like an excellent prospect as well.

About Even is a show run by the Hello Sport Podcast (Manly fans) and this week the professional punter and stat man did an INCREDIBLE breakdown of the impact Tommy has on Manly. Listen from about the 36 minute mark Here

A lot to comprehend but basically he used a model off a statistic the MLB have. It came out that if we take the games we have had Tommy play over the past 3 years (which totals almost a full season of games) and compared it to how many premiership points that would get us on an average table (he did the average over past 10 years) it would get us to finish at best 1st and at worst 2nd. I hope that made sense, but watch the video and hopefully it’ll be clearer there. It’s just amazing what impact this guy has on the team. PLEASE STAY FIT!!!!

About Even is a show run by the Hello Sport Podcast (Manly fans) and this week the professional punter and stat man did an INCREDIBLE breakdown of the impact Tommy has on Manly. Listen from about the 36 minute mark Here

A lot to comprehend but basically he used a model off a statistic the MLB have. It came out that if we take the games we have had Tommy play over the past 3 years (which totals almost a full season of games) and compared it to how many premiership points that would get us on an average table (he did the average over past 10 years) it would get us to finish at best 1st and at worst 2nd. I hope that made sense, but watch the video and hopefully it’ll be clearer there. It’s just amazing what impact this guy has on the team. PLEASE STAY FIT!!!!
These guys are funny, derogatory comments all the time.

We do when it's Barrett coaching the Dogs @:)
Good morning feathered friend .

What away to start the morning with a funny post like yours

It is always great to start the day with a smile :)

Have a Great day and i hope get some big wins come your way

He could have the size, speed, and talent and be very, very good. But it's his intelligence that sats him apart.
He is a true intellectual, a philosophical giant, a man of logic and reason.

You can just see his mind ticking over out on the field. E=MCsquared.
Energy (beers) equals mass (I'm 104kg) times the speed of light squared (Harry from the Corso.) It's no wonder he lost that race.

I can hear him speaking declarative statements while conveying factual information to his teammates at training.

"If it's Thursday then it's a weekday.
It's a weekday, therefore it's Thursday."

Mmm, not sure about that one Turbo.

Last edited:
He is a true intellectual, a philosophical giant, a man of logic and reason.

You can just see his mind ticking over out on the field. E=MCsquared.
Energy (beers)equals mass (I'm 104kg)times the speed of light squared(Harry from the Corso.) It's no wonder he lost that race.

I can hear him speaking declarative statements while conveying factual information to his teammates at training.

"If it's Thursday then it's a weekday.
It's a weekday, therefore it's Thursday."

Mmm, not sure about that one Turbo.
Context is important here and these comments miss the mark. The context is football smart (instinct, vision and anticipation). It is painfully obvious the effect he has on those playing with him and against him in defence.

Context is important here and these comments miss the mark. The context is football smart (instinct, vision and anticipation). It is painfully obvious the effect he has on those playing with him and against him in defence.
Yes, I'm aware of the intended context. I was just being immature in a light hearted attempt to amuse myself - numbnuttery at it's finest.

I rate him as the most influential player I have seen play for Manly in over 40 years. I have never seen anybody dominate games like he has over the last two weeks. I really hope he can stay on the field without injury long term. Go Tommy!

The thing about it is that we have to learn to live when Tom isn't playing either through injury or Origin duty. We have decent enough back ups like Funa, Harper, Garrick and even Walker, but none of them can influence the side from fullback like Tom does.

Even when Brett Stewart had his injury out years in 2009 and 2010 we learned to get along without him. As yet we haven't learned to be successful without Tom.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11