What next?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
An interesting aside - Barrett is apparently on gardening leave which is usually 3 months. Now he went on gardening leave in June meaning he can start a new role in September. Ipso fatso (sorry facto - was thinking about our conditioning), Tooves will most likely be punted straight after he last round with Barrett slotting straight in.

Coach (Trent Barrett)

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Peta Hiku
05. Clinton Gutherson
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Darcy Lussick
09. Lewis Brown
10. Nate Myles
11. Feleti Meteo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Apisai Koroisau
15. Brenton Lawrence
16. Jake Trbojevic
17. Josh Starling

18. Ligi Sao
19. Blake Leary
20. Luke Burgess
21. Tom Trbojevic
22. Riley Travers
23. Jesse Sene-Lefeo
24. Brayden Wiliame
25. Matt Ballin

Look at the quality of that depth. All first grade quality apart from Travers who will be developing.

+ When Koroisau comes in to Hooker, Brown switches to backrow. That's how Barrett has been running Penrith anyway.

You can't be serious dropping Ballin for Brown?

Whilst I am a big supporter of having a second hooker playing Ballin is still as good as anyone (Smith et al) in the first 20 minutes where it is all about defense and good supply to your props. What he lacks is attacking speed/skill once the opposition big boys tire.

Tamou said that he would announce where he is going after the origin series, hopefully Bozo is in his ear about coming here as that would give up a very potent pack along with the other guys we have signed.
He'd be a great signing, I'm just concerned he would be a little out of our price range and Moa might be a more realistic target. You never know though - either would look great in a Manly jersey.

If Barrett has any brains he would be doing his homework now on next year's team. He has plenty of gardening time.
If he gets young Clark from Penrith it will be great.
Jake T, Addison D, Liam Knight and Clark .......good young forwards of the future.
Who knows if Cartwright comes as assistant coach he may influence his son when off contract.

Long term Bozo needs to build his team around the Turbo bros, Addison D, Liam Knight, Gutherson, Api, Jesse Ramien and DCE.
That eight could be the nucleus of future years plus whatever bricks are built around them.

I am interested to hear why people think symonds is a keeper. He is a turnstyle in defence. Never goes in to a tackle with his shoulder instead he hugs and back peddles giving up precious metres when he does stick one. There is no arguement he is a fill in centre we have lost every game hes done that. Lucky if he makes 30 metres a game off his 6-8 runs. 20 tackles a game please. Brown is a direct replacement for him, play him at left right out.

I am interested to hear why people think symonds is a keeper. He is a turnstyle in defence. Never goes in to a tackle with his shoulder instead he hugs and back peddles giving up precious metres when he does stick one. There is no arguement he is a fill in centre we have lost every game hes done that. Lucky if he makes 30 metres a game off his 6-8 runs. 20 tackles a game please. Brown is a direct replacement for him, play him at left right out.
I agree.he has at least one error a game with his hands and makes no impact.and the fact that brad Fittler rates him says it all

Tommy has missed 11 tackles this year (less than I per game), made and average 22 tackles per game and averages over 100 metres per game. Not sure who you have been watching?
I think he goes ok and can cover a few positions.

Symonds is not a keeper otherwise Rorters would not let him go. Always seems to place himself where the least action is. Ditto for Matteo. Let them both go.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6