What to do with Hiku?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hiku will be at fullback for at least the next 4-6 weeks. Once again Snake is out for extended period of time. Sanke is a champion and a club legend BUT we can't continue to afford paying someone so much to sit on the sidelines.

Duff said:
EagleFromMay1967 said:
caspersparks said:
Hiku's great. He was going well in the first half, then had to change position in bad weather conditions, couple drop balls.. a "forward" pass... He NEEDS to be resigned with the way snake is nowadays. He is 21 years old and has the potential for an amazing fullback.
for an amazing CENTRE

Yep, the club have already indicated that as the long term plan.
Right now he's just at the top of the pecking order of reserves, so he plays wherever he can get a gig.

He's there to replace Jamie Lyon in a couple of years so there's no point in training him up to be a winger or a forward. Cheyse Blair is that guy.

should be the other way around, I see Hiku as the next fullback, not a center. If Manly stuff him around I am sure the Bulldogs would love to have him as their fullback in the starting team week after week and not waiting here at Manly.

Eagle Rock said:
Duff said:
EagleFromMay1967 said:
caspersparks said:
Hiku's great. He was going well in the first half, then had to change position in bad weather conditions, couple drop balls.. a "forward" pass... He NEEDS to be resigned with the way snake is nowadays. He is 21 years old and has the potential for an amazing fullback.
for an amazing CENTRE

Right now he's just at the top of the pecking order of reserves, so he plays wherever he can get a gig.

He's there to replace Jamie Lyon in a couple of years so there's no point in training him up to be a winger or a forward. Cheyse Blair is that guy.

should be the other way around, I see Hiku as the next fullback, not a center. If Manly stuff him around I am sure the Bulldogs would love to have him as their fullback in the starting team week after week and not waiting here at Manly.
stuff about hiku already signed by the dogs is only speculation at this stage,butyou know what,we got Delroy Berryman and Tom T, I say give one or both a go,the season has only just started,we dont lose too much,nothing ventured,nothing gained,if we dont show some faith in them,some other club will,and we will end up with nothing,I might cop it for this,but hey,thats what its all about,bring it if you must,lol

master blaster said:
Eagle Rock said:
Duff said:
EagleFromMay1967 said:
caspersparks said:
for an amazing CENTRE

stuff about hiku already signed by the dogs is only speculation at this stage,butyou know what,we got Delroy Berryman and Tom T, I say give one or both a go,the season has only just started,we dont lose too much,nothing ventured,nothing gained,if we dont show some faith in them,some other club will,and we will end up with nothing,I might cop it for this,but hey,thats what its all about,bring it if you must,lol
You won't cop it from me as I am a Big Supporter of Junior Talent and I watch very carefully and not just Manly. Tom though is not the only one, and who can play fullback, there are a couple of very good players in the 20s that are being wasted there and not utilised properly under a Dud Coach, what have these boys got to look forward too ?? NSW Cup with another Dud Coach ?? Com' on Manly wake up to yourselves ! Bring these boys up and give them some game time to get used to it, otherwise what's the point in having Juniors If you keep buying other players from other clubs and normally old men.

I didn't notice Berryman do anything in our NSW Cup team, except for walking back and assembling behind the goal line when the Mounties scored their 10 tries. I don't think anyone deserves promotion from that team.
Turbojet Jnr, on the other hand, looked special. He's only 18 but tall and fast. Snake made his debut around this age, if I recall correctly, but there is a huge difference in standard between the Holden Cup and first grade.

The Who said:
I didn't notice Berryman do anything in our NSW Cup team, except for walking back and assembling behind the goal line when the Mounties scored their 10 tries. I don't think anyone deserves promotion from that team.
Turbojet Jnr, on the other hand, looked special. He's only 18 but tall and fast. Snake made his debut around this age, if I recall correctly, but there is a huge difference in standard between the Holden Cup and first grade.
yeah I can see what you mean Who about Tom T,but at this stage,it wouldnt hurt to try and see how far he is from the top grade would it

David Heath is the right man for the under 20's. But yeah I can't say I've ever seen too much to write home about from a Willow coached team. There's constant speculation the players don't want to play under him. Don't know what he's doing to get them off side. But I was surprised he still had the job this year. How many games could he have to turn it around?

Did Hiku not win a MOM in the semi's last year?

So we are saying get rid of him as the short term solution to bring in an untested 18 year old kid? Agree with the thought that his natural position might not be at the back but to blood Tom T already is just plain silly

lsz said:
Did Hiku not win a MOM in the semi's last year?

So we are saying get rid of him as the short term solution to bring in an untested 18 year old kid? Agree with the thought that his natural position might not be at the back but to blood Tom T already is just plain silly
Isz,no one is saying to get rid of him,dont know where you saw that,speculation,yes its only speculation at this stage,is that the dogs have signed him,Hiku already,why not give Tom T a shot,someone said earlier,that he is the age Brett was when he made his debut,not saying he is as gifted as what Brett was and is,but who know,s
P.S I hope they haven,t signed him,Hiku,we need him long term

Does peta's uncle still post here?

Hopefully this ain't true, I don't want Desmond sniffing around our club all the time, just coz cleal don't do **** and we kept Dave Warwick.

Cliffy said:
David Heath is the right man for the under 20's. But yeah I can't say I've ever seen too much to write home about from a Willow coached team. There's constant speculation the players don't want to play under him. Don't know what he's doing to get them off side. But I was surprised he still had the job this year. How many games could he have to turn it around?

I don't like David Heaths coaching style, never heard of the guy. This team got the wooden spoon last year. He has fast outside backs who hardly get the ball, he has a lot of boys in there who hog the ball and don't pass, the halves are terrible, the worst in the competition. He has a five eighth who at times kicks on the 3rd instead of passing it and kicks it to the hands of the opposition. . He plays a forward game and thats is one of the reasons why the team doesn't do any good He needs to tell players pass the bloody ball out or get off the field ! They have an Australian Schoolboys Winger Taylor , NSW Schoolboys Rugby player who I have watched for a long time he is playing center this year, the fastest in the team and they can't even pass the ball out to him, he is being wasted he should be the hot shot for the tries in the team ! I can't see him staying at this club If he is not looked after. They are even playing Knight in the Second Row, the poor kid hates it there and should be in the Centres. Sorry he and Williamson are Terrible and couldn't teach a dog to Bark !

Eagle Rock said:
I see Hiku as the next fullback, not a center. If Manly stuff him around I am sure the Bulldogs would love to have him as their fullback

I agree with Eagle Rock, we need to play Hiku.

Eagle Rock said:
Tom though is not the only one, and who can play fullback, there are a couple of very good players in the 20s that are being wasted there and not utilised properly under a Dud Coach . . .
. . . Com' on Manly wake up to yourselves ! Bring these boys up and give them some game time to get used to it, otherwise what's the point in having Juniors If you keep buying other players from other clubs and normally old men.

I agree with Eagle Rock, don't play Hiku, bring up some other boys and give them some game time.

:huh:

Hiku can handle Fullback just fine, we just need to stop thinking he needs to emulate what Brett does. Brett is a once in a generation superstar and Hiku will never be Brett. However, Brett will never be Hiku either.

Hiku has a skill set all his own. He's tough and elusive. He may not have the speed that Brett does but he works hard and has that youthful enthusiasm. It's important to remember that he's still very young and is improving all the time. With Brett's latest injury, he'll have at least 2-4 weeks to remind us of what he can do.

I think if we keep him he will end up in the centres. In the meantime he is our backup no 1. But when snake is back I would think he may be a chance on the bench. We generally only play 16 players so can carry him as we all know snake could go down at any time. He is also big and strong enough to play backrow if required. Just not sure how his defence would go up the middle.

Surprised to hear Hiku linked to the Bulldogs. With the money the Bulldogs are supposed to be throwing at Fifita, I'm not sure how they'd be able to afford anyone else…

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6