What we need most

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Reserve Grader
A goal kicker.

Look at the remaining sides. Each has a top goal-kicker (Clearly, Smith, Reynolds, Flanagan, Moses, Croker) and in some cases an excellent back-up.

We have Garrick !

We go up in fours, when other teams go up in sixes. When their kickers miss, they usually just miss. Garrick misses big. Worse, he continually misses mid-range goals that other kickers eat up.

We desperately need a fast winger/back-up fullback who is a gun goalkicker under pressure. Maybe that's Funa, but not yet.

Jaymane Issako at the right price fits the bills and is a terrific goal kicker.

Mason Lino is another underrated goalkicker (back-up hooker?).

A goal kicker.

Look at the remaining sides. Each has a top goal-kicker (Clearly, Smith, Reynolds, Flanagan, Moses, Croker) and in some cases an excellent back-up.

We have Garrick !

We go up in fours, when other teams go up in sixes. When their kickers miss, they usually just miss. Garrick misses big. Worse, he continually misses mid-range goals that other kickers eat up.

We desperately need a fast winger/back-up fullback who is a gun goalkicker under pressure. Maybe that's Funa, but not yet.

I mentioned in another thread that Guara is now available, superb kicking %

Guara?

I like Isaako as an option but sometimes think the goalkicking thing is a touch overrated.

I mean the difference between and 80% kicker and a 70% kicker is one goal roughly every couple of games.

The vast majority of games dont finish within 2 points.

Like don't get me wrong, I'd love a 90% kicker but I wouldn't say it is what we need most. That is a starting hooker.

I'd also not trade a Schuster or Foran in a starting lineup for a Lino even if they never missed

Last edited:
A goal kicker.

We have Garrick !

Reuben Garrick has a 73% strike rate over two seasons which is the same as Jamie Lyon throughout his whole career. Not outstanding but not terrible either.

For comparison
Cameron Smith - 75%
Kyle Flanagan - 75%
Mitchell Moses - 76%
Jarrod Croker - 80%
Adam Reynolds - 82%
Nathan Cleary - 83%

Yes it would be great if we scored more goals, but we have bigger issues.

A goal kicker.

We have Garrick !

More cheer leaders!

Oh and a hooker.... definitely one of those
Tomato tomatoe... jkz

With goal kicking, it's one of those things that can be taught how to improve.

If Garrick isn't getting any proper advice from an expert on goal kicking, then there's no surprises he's gone backwards this year.

If someone like Halligan can come in and teach him how to improve his overall rhythm, then he'll make a great goalkicker

Hopefully Garrick had an off-year at 68% which is def not good enough. Last year, he was kicking at 76% which is fine - although he does struggle particularly from the left side of the field. I think his kicking was on par with his on-field performances, I.e. confidence shot to ****. Still believe 2020 was a case of 2nd yr syndrome, and but a speed bump in what will hopefully be a long and consistent career. I think he's got the right stuff

What we need it two tall big wingers who can catch and run the ball back and actually make metres. If one was a goal kicker it would be a bonus or if DCE takes that roll with a kicking coach over the off season.

I don't think this is a hard and fast rule either.

Penrith have lost 1 game all sesson with To'o (5'9") and Mansour (6'0") as their wingers. But they have dynamic players across the park plus two in-form halves to guide them.

Reuben Garrick has a 73% strike rate over two seasons which is the same as Jamie Lyon throughout his whole career. Not outstanding but not terrible either.

For comparison
Cameron Smith - 75%
Kyle Flanagan - 75%
Mitchell Moses - 76%
Jarrod Croker - 80%
Adam Reynolds - 82%
Nathan Cleary - 83%

Yes it would be great if we scored more goals, but we have bigger issues.
Stats lie sometimes,all of these kickers that you mentioned play in a team where they have great wingers who score a lot of tries, Addo Carr, Vunivalu, Daniel Tupou, Brett Morris, Sivo, Ferguson, Johnston, Graham, Cotric, Rapana etc etc, and most of the kicks would have been taken very close to the sideline, whereas our wingers are way behind the others and a lot of our tries are scored closer to the posts which should make Garrick's task easier.
If the scores are level with a minute to go and we have the chance to win with a kick from the sideline, I would have anyone of these kickers over Garrick.

I don't think this is a hard and fast rule either.

Penrith have lost 1 game all sesson with To'o (5'9") and Mansour (6'0") as their wingers. But they have dynamic players across the park plus two in-form halves to guide them.
They are strong ball runners.. imo is the key attribute of an elite winger now along with some speed on the back of it. Height is only a bonus if they possess the other two but useless if they dont

What we need most is a massive change of attitude and culture which needs to start with our captain.

I harp on and on about kicking because it is so important and our club suck at it. Conversions, short kicks to the ingoal, short kick offs.

Moses is a great example re goal kicking. At tigers he was flat out kicking a goal in front of the posts to save himself. At eels what you say 76 % and U can see he has improved big time, and is still actively working on his kicking. trying to move them either way.

We don't need to get rid of DCE or Garrick or find a new kicker in my view. The effort they current put in is just piss poor. Thats what needs to change. practice, practice and more FN practice. Get a new kicking coach because the current ones voice must be horse.

We don't want to believe it to be true, but even with DES, our club has a horrible lazy culture about it. The effort on the 1 per centres is just horribly lacking. We can't even get the ball in the ingoal for a repeat set FFS.

How professional is this club?

A Halfback only has a couple of jobs. One is to organise. And one is to kick. If you get my drift.

I love DCE as much as the next man supporter. But until our Captain is accountable for letting his areas of control slip, and fixes his own ship first. Until then this teams just going to continue to sink.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10