What's a pack cost or worth$

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Trouble is Rafferty, there ain't no jnr bargain pick ups from these Clubs. Broncs an Penrith get them for half of the price on what we would pay.
Maybe your right, I’m just having trouble with how our clubs going about things, I feel almost certain we could be doing a better job at managing our cap and building a competitive roster, we are so out of balance it’s crazy.

DCE clearly in front there, and taking a paycut.
Jake hasn't busted the line for ever, gets in the way when attacking. Sure he can tackle, but so can Froggy on $300k.

Never anything but 100% given.

DCE having his best season ever. But really has embarrassed himself at times (refer last 4 games 2022). He is a match winner on his day, but too often an under achiever at club level.

Maybe your right, I’m just having trouble with how our clubs going about things, I feel almost certain we could be doing a better job at managing our cap and building a competitive roster, we are so out of balance it’s crazy.
It is, and wont be settled until our big three and probably more now, leave or retire.

article in the tele this morning lists all the teams starting packs and their individual and collective contract values ... I think it is based on this weeks teams .... very interesting if some kind soul can post the full list .. but here is the basics

Rabbitohs $4.25m
Warriors $4.04m
Titans $3.9m
Raiders $3.8m
Roosters $3.77m
Cowboys $3.7m
Tigers $3.56m
Eels $3.48m
Panthers $3.47m
Dolphins $3.3m
Sharks $3.26m
Sea Eagles $3.21m
Knights $3.2m
Dragons $3.16m
Storm $3.15m
Broncos $3.14m

Sea Eagles
Paseka $520k
Croker $300k
aloiai $450k
Huamole $650k
Kelma $340k
Jake $950k

Obviously this mount would vary according to starting side and if bench were included ... but interesting all the same .

Hookers
Walters $240k
Grant $570k
Liddle $200k
J Brailey $600k
Croker $300k
B Brailey $550k
J M King $450k
Kenny $350k
Hodgson $450k
Koroisau $650k
Robson $525k
B Smith $800k
Woolford $250k
Verrills $475k
Egan $500k
Cook $700k

Just goes to show the Fainus are not worth $500k each a season ..haha

Also helps if you have a big jnr base to draw from, who's jnrs are all dying to play for and supported since they were kids. Same thing with Penrith also.
That's all on our club isn't it. North Sydney, Central Coast, Even the local Manly area. Club seems to have pissed them all off. Add to that most of the Blacktown jr's we had have been released. It's near impossible to work out what Jr base we are developing.

Wonder if that is Alioia 's value listed there for his extended deal done last season .
Would be a bit more realistic then his original deal on 600 k but even at , what was it , 425 k or so , based on the past 12 months , probably still overs .
Paseka on that purported 520 k , well he has been the best Manly go forward prop for a while now so in the ball park
Haumole on that reported 650 k , hard to quantify in general over a period of time , at his most damaging , worth every cent , . For a good part of this season , not quite at that level for a host of reasons but here is hoping something that can occur a lot more regularly A S A P .

Trouble is you'll always have a big 3, every team does! We just need the right 3
Correct , you need a big 3, all the good teams have them and sometimes more.

The problem with our big 3 is that DCE can’t do it all by himself , so he needs another “ big” player to share the load.

And our superstar fullback spends more time sitting on the planks than running on the field, you just know it’ll happen again next year and every time he runs out we’ll be waiting for it to happen.

And Jake ( as good as he is ) soaks up a very big chunk of salary cap as a forward , and yeah I know some get the big $$$ as forwards, but I’m not sure we get $950k worth of value from the tackling machine he is.

Now , each comment doesn’t take away from their obvious passion and importance to the team, that’s a given.

But , let’s compare to say what Penrith gets from their big 4 ( I think they have 4 on big $$$)

Edwards , not lauded as the best fullback in the game but boy he’s a ripper.

Laui, can’t stand him but his partnership with Cleary is elite.

Cleary, has had some injuries but is one the elite players in our game.

And Yeo, provably on a lot less than our Jake and offers much more than a tackle machine.

For the oldies like me that headline reminds of “what’s a packet of sigsworth” 😂

Say hello to your fellow 'oldies', lol

Thread title reminds me of Phil Sigsworth

I was wondering if anyone would connect it

I initially thought it was about Phil as well
What is he doing these days I wonder ?

The great Whats a pack of Sigsworth.

l_1983-big-league-20191001-(552).jpg

Correct , you need a big 3, all the good teams have them and sometimes more.

The problem with our big 3 is that DCE can’t do it all by himself , so he needs another “ big” player to share the load.

And our superstar fullback spends more time sitting on the planks than running on the field, you just know it’ll happen again next year and every time he runs out we’ll be waiting for it to happen.

And Jake ( as good as he is ) soaks up a very big chunk of salary cap as a forward , and yeah I know some get the big $$$ as forwards, but I’m not sure we get $950k worth of value from the tackling machine he is.

Now , each comment doesn’t take away from their obvious passion and importance to the team, that’s a given.

But , let’s compare to say what Penrith gets from their big 4 ( I think they have 4 on big $$$)

Edwards , not lauded as the best fullback in the game but boy he’s a ripper.

Laui, can’t stand him but his partnership with Cleary is elite.

Cleary, has had some injuries but is one the elite players in our game.

And Yeo, provably on a lot less than our Jake and offers much more than a tackle machine.

Jake's on more $$ currently than Payne Haas, that says it all!

Jake's on more $$ currently than Payne Haas, that says it all!
We all know the DCE story so no point repeating.

Tom was a superstar , a few more years like this and I’m afraid he’ll remember Ed like Johnny Gibbs.

Jakes on too much money ( for what he does).

Remember though , I’m not in any way talking about passion/desire or bleeding the colours , they ALL do that.

There's something VERY wrong if you're paying our plonkers one penny more than The Storm / Broncos packs who's both teams make ours look amateur and slow/fat. The level of effort is also chalk and cheese.

RFM would be.a good pick up for mine. Sounds like Flanno is already lining him up. But if he hasn't already signed. A crrent club captain for a start. That's a rare comodity on the market. And our Pack has been known to need both bit of hard head and a leader. That he can play on both an edge and the middle seals the deal for mine. I like him as a player.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10