Whats is happening to our team???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah, well, I don't know why people have to swear to counter a point? When the swearing comes out, your credibility nose dives in my opinion. I say that to my students all the time...

Thanx JJai. I haven't actually been on since yesterday...Often I forget to log out.

I stand by my original post  ;-)

Wolfpack link said:
[quote author=Moops link=topic=183831.msg271270#msg271270 date=1278057812]
Actually, no need to swear to make yourself seem tough mate.

I don't know where you have been but it is tough to come back from 2 knee reconstructions. So go and fuk urself tough guy!!

Then give him a shot at seeing how well he comes back from his injuries before bringing up things like 'how long will we persist with him'. Stupid talk for the moment & doesn't add anything to the topic.

To be honest what you said warranted jjai's response. Perhaps not the way it was worded but the intent of it nonetheless.
[/quote]

I have opened up a can of worms here...I stand by my post and I guess that only time will tell, huh?

We all know where the slide started.  When Maxy boy took umbrage to Mayer and settled on a night of long knives.  It's been downhill ever since.

Losing Mayer was a disgrace no doubt. He was a great operator.

I often wonder how Delmege came to have so much cash. Surely it was inherented, because making decisions like spearing Mayer for Lowe show someone with little business sense.

Volley link said:
Losing Mayer was a disgrace no doubt. He was a great operator.

I often wonder how Delmege came to have so much cash. Surely it was inherented, because making decisions like spearing Mayer for Lowe show someone with little business sense.

He actually won the lotto (not the small amounts - the BIG one- TWICE !!).

Yep, the slide, I well remember when Meyer missed that tackle on the other guy, then we slid down the table and look where we are today.  Get a grip all of you fools.  We are travelling OK.  Given our best are on the sidelines we are competative and look to be on track to finish in the eight.  I'd like to think we can finish 4th and go on from there.  Leave the Meyer v The Rest alone, he's history,  and get behind the current team.   

I am with you again, The Mayer v Lowe thing is extremely boring and the agenda's are clear to see

I remember back to last season, the disaster that was our season launch. At the time that occured, the fault was all pinned on Delmege, nothing to do with the CEO, yet these days everything that goes even slightly wrong is pinned on the CEO

In making that comparison, in no way am I blaming Mayer for the debacle that was the season launch, just making a point of the double standards applied by some posters on this site

Would be great to have a forum where people played the ball rather than the man to use a footy analogy

Zero double standards here. I just think it's plain to see which of the two have the ability/experience to be a CEO.

Mayer is a highly thought of administrator who was quickly snapped up by the GWS AFL team. They are making big inroads in the Western suburbs and working very hard. Lowe may be a nice guy but is untried in his position. As I have said before, time will tell. I am not a doomsdayer re Lowe, like some here, but I do think it was stupidity and oversized egos that caused the demise of Mayer and sadly those idiots on the decision have never been brought to account.

Anyway, that is water under the bridge and time to move on. Go Manly.

Matabele link said:
We all know where the slide started.  When Maxy boy took umbrage to Mayer and settled on a night of long knives.  It's been downhill ever since.

;)

Kiwi Eagle link said:
I remember back to last season, the disaster that was our season launch. At the time that occured, the fault was all pinned on Delmege, nothing to do with the CEO,
It wasn't Mayer's gasping Platinum card on the bar.

Do we really need to redraw the battle and party lines.

We may as well go back to the fibros bs

Ant80 link said:
Does anyone else get the feeling that this thread wouldn't exist if we we're leading the comp?
There would only be a sort of hybernation. There are few short memories on here! :)

Ant80 link said:
Does anyone else get the feeling that this thread wouldn't exist if we we're leading the comp?
Even coming first wouldn't convince me that the Sea Eagles have the best possible CEO at the helm. Cheapest, yes. Best, no way Jose.

Ant80 link said:

There's a reason we aren't leading the comp. It all starts from the Top.

Maybe we should look at the coach too.  Lets be real gentlemen, with all the duds cloistered at Manly, we're still in the hunt for the silverware.  Surprising isn't it.

Volley link said:
[quote author=Ant80 link=topic=183831.msg271478#msg271478 date=1278168323]

There's a reason we aren't leading the comp. It all starts from the Top.
[/quote]

I don't think you will ever see a side with so many young backs leading the comp mate no matter who is in charge, Williams, Whare, Foran and Hodkinson are still pretty green in terms of experience, as is Farrar at FB

On that rationale do we suggest Waldron was the top CEO over the past 5 years ;)

Ant80 link said:
..lol ant its because we arent coming 1st & all the other bs thats happend since we won 08 & WCC  cup.. that this thread exists..
;D

btw lads, have just submitted an article from todays newspaper about Lowe, they did a feature on him. Sure to keep the forum humming the next few days when it get's chucked up

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6