Whats the excuse this week Des

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
susan link said:
i do know one thing.all the assisting coaching staff are not happy as i was reliably informed weeks ago.

Can you ellaborate further, what exactly are they unhappy about?

We have been more 1 dimensional than Daniel Heckenberg this year

Today was not the first time in recent weeks we have given up a try straight after half time were the players "should" have gotten a big spray and been fired up coming out.

There is certainly something amiss

Des may well have coaching flaws,as do the rest of the coaching staff by the look of endurence fitness and injury management,but that takes NOTHING away from the fact that we have a team containing some players who have:

The fumbles
No dicipline
Lack of any decent fitness
Poor attitude
F*ck all respect for the club or other players
Ticker
**** ball skills
No patience
inability to read a game
Inabilty to addapt to changing pace and conditions of the 80 minutes
Poor relations with officials

Barry Hyland link said:
We really don't looked like a ' coached' team. Just rely on dummy half runs and occasionally the sweeping backling movement. Where are the moves from the scrum?

There are teams in the NRL that run scrum plays?

Dan link said:
[quote author=susan link=topic=185065.msg290631#msg290631 date=1283676572]
i do know one thing.all the assisting coaching staff are not happy as i was reliably informed weeks ago.

Can you ellaborate further, what exactly are they unhappy about?

We have been more 1 dimensional than Daniel Heckenberg this year
[/quote]

Actually if you want to see 1 dimensional,look at tapes of John Lang's son,he once made a bust and stopped,having no clue on what to do next

mickqld link said:
The wind was too strong. The sun was too bright. The planets were in the wrong alignment. Anything but the fact our recruitment is f**ked and our endurance training is non existant and any talk of enthusiasm to win has obviously been  non existant.

I think it's unfair to blame Des..

i have been told first hand,NOT HEARSAY,that Des runs a dictatorship style of coaching which is extremely intense and it has worn a lot of them down.

may  i say that i dont have any problem with a dictatorship style if it works(eg bennet) and it has worked for des in the past.

will it work in the future.who knows.but a very intense approach reqyuires great people management skills to be maintained over many years.

the next couple of years will give us the answer.des has earned the right to a couple more years but maybe he will have to make ssome subtle changes.

Injury / courtcase free, we have a fantastic roster. If you look at that Stage of Origin thing, you'll notice how much the players love Des....especially Wolfman. Again, you look at this team, and try and pick the holes:-

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Keiran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney
13. Glenn Stewart

14. William Hopoate / Chris Bailey / Dean Whare / Michael Oldfield
15. George Rose / Birrigan Young / Junior Palau / Vic Mauro
16. Joe Galuvao / James Cunningham
17. Tony Williams / Jamie Buhrer / Darcy Lussick

Hell, look at a re-building side full of youngsters worst case:-

01. William Hopoate
02. Michael Oldfield
03. Dean Whare
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Keiran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. James Cunningham
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Steve Matai
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Shane Rodney
15. George Rose
16. Birrigan Young
17. Tony Williams

wouldn't happen, but it shows we have depth.

susan link said:
i have been told first hand,NOT HEARSAY,that Des runs a dictatorship style of coaching which is extremely intense and it has worn a lot of them down.

Errrrr.. Dictatorship coaching style?  Well, he IS the coach! What other way is there? A Kevin Rudd style sit down discussion with all the players, like some sort of focus group? Everyone giving their opinions about training drills and regimes?

I think they're big enough boys and can handle it.. If not, well we may have a problem.

The evident lack of fitness and long injury list surely has proven to Des that all this over-priced stupid GPS crap should be turfed.
This new age **** is taking the focus off how a player should train..

i simply mean des is very intense and an environment like that is hard to maintain for years on end.des has been there for 7 years now and im happy to see him there for many more but it is a tough gig for everyone when things are tough and their is a bit of dissent in the camp.except for bennet none of the leading coaches spend more than 5 or so years at a club.folkes did but he was bulldogs son in law.sheens,smith,stuart,elliot,lang,anderson,brown,henry and co have all moved on after a few years and i think it is an indication of how hard it is to prevent a staleness occurring.i think we had that stale feeling at the start of the year and it was reflected in how we played.

im sure des will know this and some new players/ideas will be forthcoming.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8