What's the Word on Des?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
HappilyManly said:
Des said at the Live Brookie site last night 'Now for Back to Back Premierships' :D

He has the fire in the belly and said that 2012 is contracted with Manly.

Yes happilymanly I was stoked when I heard Des say that too!

I am sure that the experience of the doggies trying to lure him away and past few weeks has helped Des reflect on all that he has created here at Manly (along with Crusher and others) over the past 8 years.

That sort of thing is a rare gem in sport or business (or in life) and not easy to replicate if you pull up the roots and move elsewhere.

Even though it is said Des really likes the coin (who doesn't I guess) I suspect and I hope that the loyalty that we have seen in Des time after time will possibly sway him to stay at Manly for the long term.

But to state the obvious our great sponsors/backers like the Penns and Quantum etc need to stump up the cash to keep Des and to satisfy his plans to make Manly even better.

Was talking on the bus back to brookie to a very interesting girl who happens to work for Quantum and learned that one of the directors is amad keen Manly fan and obviously the reason they came on board after the 2008 GF.

Most of the Quantum bosses were on the bus too apparently, all rapt that Manly had won and were wearing maroon and white too, the lot of them walked down alfred st to the brookie oval site

By the way, can anyone guess how much extra money would have winning the GF brought into the till for the Leagues club and the Sea Eagles football club? $100,000 from the NRL for a start perhaps and I'm hoping massive amounts earned just from the fabbo merchandising.

Would the merchandising have brought in multiple extra $100,000s

The club gets around $400,000 or $500,000 from the NRL for winning.

I expect all the Des rumors to disappear now, they were only in place to derail our season.

Mr Invisible, our friend is still trying to convince himself that Dessie is going to his soulless club, he keeps writing essays on why he believes Manly can't re-sign him

http://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=91602&page=2

Pretty funny.

Ceagle, you ask yourself the question on why people dislike Manly. The answer is simple, fans like you. Take a good look at how you are going on, considering your team just won a grand final.

Grow up and stop playing the two forums against each other, and cause problems between fans, as you are not far from copping a ban for troublemaking.

Re the topic at hand, I'm sitting on my hands on this one and just watching it unfold. The question you should be asking yourself, is why I'm being deliberately vague in regards to comments about this subject ;)

MrInvisible said:
Ceagle, you ask yourself the question on why people dislike Manly. The answer is simple, fans like you. Take a good look at how you are going on, considering your team just won a grand final.

Grow up and stop playing the two forums against each other, and cause problems between fans, as you are not far from copping a ban for troublemaking.

Re the topic at hand, I'm sitting on my hands on this one and just watching it unfold. The question you should be asking yourself, is why I'm being deliberately vague in regards to comments about this subject ;)
Do you think I care that you hate us? We are Premiers! You only wish your team was hated again, that means you would be a successful team again, and I don't see that happening anytime soon. Greenturd has stripped the soul right out of your club, the culture at the Bulldogs right now is very weak. It is pathetic how you have turned from a proud club the breeds quality players to one the lives by the chequebook and is willing to stab anyone in the back. It is disgraceful that you won't give Dymock a chance, he probably has a lot of passion for the club and that is what you need.

And go ahead and ban me, why would I give a ****?

Keep writing essays on **** you know absolutely nothing about, and continually convincing yourself that Dessie is coming to your club as a savior. I just like shaming pathetic supporters such as yourselves who get their hopes up over nothing.

MrInvisible said:
as you are not far from copping a ban for troublemaking.

As are you for deliberate vagueness.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-sea-eagles-coach-des-hasler-remains-tight-lipped-about-his-future-but-jamie-lyon-lets-it-slip/story-e6frfgbo-1226154357528

Napper said:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-sea-eagles-coach-des-hasler-remains-tight-lipped-about-his-future-but-jamie-lyon-lets-it-slip/story-e6frfgbo-1226154357528
The **** is this drivel??

Napper said:

Napper said:
The f**k is this drivel??

It is Andrew Webster. He has to make up the most **** out of all the RL journalists imo.

MrInvisible said:

lol you talk like you have all the info but you are just believing what the press says!!! I don't believe anything that is published in the DT as it is usually rubbish. Not long ago it was a "certainty" that Des was going to the Dogs in 2012 going by the DT, now that Haser has dismissed those claims i bet they change their story again just to drag it out.

I believe Des wanted to wait till after the GF so he could get some more money out of Manly, he was never REALLY going to go to the dogs. I know this hurts but its ok, because you can always support a real club like the Mighty Manly Sea Eagles.

Ceagle said:
Keep writing essays on s**t you know absolutely nothing about, and continually convincing yourself that Dessie is coming to your club as a savior.
The Manly Sea Eagles isn't the only family Des has. Think about that for a second. Think about where my comments *might* be coming from, and why I might be being slightly vague.

Coaching a team is a job. If you had the chance to earn more money for your family doing the same job, wouldn't you take it?

The media focussing about Des signing for 2012 with Manly means nothing, if anything it should be a concern given he could have announced his extension beyond 2012 at the same time.

Desperate Bulldog fans are Desperate. Muhahahahahahahahahaha
Des Hasler is NOT going to the Dogs. He just likes to play mind games with you all, especially YOU MrInvisible.

Des has (in the past) dismissed rumor pretty quickly. Why wouldn't he this time?

Heck at $400,000 a season Manly have themselves a bargain coach, as they have significantly undervalued him. He deserves to be the third highest coach in the NRL, and that's why the Bulldogs have tabled the offer they have.

Doubling your salary a year is hardly something to be sneezed at. Even if Manly up the ante to $600k, that would require MORE money put in from Quantum/Penn. There is only so much they can pour into the club before enough is enough.

Look at Max Delmege, who ended up facing bankruptcy as a result of trying to prop up Manly. Without MD's $15 million Manly would have been Central Coast Eagles by now.

As for my comments re Tues/Weds
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/the-canterbury-bulldogs-have-made-a-whopping-22-million-offer-to-manly-coach-des-hasler/story-e6frep5x-1226154504308?from=public_rss

My source has confirmed that Des will never go to the Dogs.

Cannot reveal who it is but it is a cast iron certainty.

Doubt it all you want Dog fans but he will never coach your mob. Never.

He isn't going to the Dogs FFS. Do you realise how desperate you sound? You have obviously stressed yourself, strenuously looking over all these bull**** articles the past few days and sitting behind your computer piecing all them all together only hoping to convince yourself that he is going to the Dogs.

MrInvisible said:
As for my comments re Tues/Weds
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/the-canterbury-bulldogs-have-made-a-whopping-22-million-offer-to-manly-coach-des-hasler/story-e6frep5x-1226154504308?from=public_rss

That article means nothing now that Des has dismissed the rumors that he would be going to the Dogs in 2012. Do you really think the Dogs are going to waste a whole year waiting for Des to join them in 2013?

Have the Dogs not learn't ANYTHING by now? TG keeps buying whatever he can get his hands on but that is not what makes a successful club these days. How about honoring Jim Dymock's great effort in the late part of the season and build up your OWN culture. Des has been successful at Manly because he understands the club and uses the hate from other clubs to motivate the players. This will not work at the Dogs!!

You guys are being a bit harsh on old Mr Invisible, he has to get out of the Kennel because the kennel is empty the Bulldogs have been on holidays since the start of September....

2nd point.... Why would Des come out today and say he will be around for longer than a year... his current contract is only for another year. You never go out in public and say you will stay longer then that... you kind of lose your negotiating power.... Have a think before you bark...

Maybe an Invisible Des is going to join the dogs?

The real Des would not be as successful over there as he has been here. He has become a great coach but he has never had to face the ultimate challenge: trying to coach a team to beat Manly.

MrInvisible said:
Ceagle said:
Think about that for a second. Think about where my comments *might* be coming from, and why I might be being slightly vague.

Is it because you have no idea what you are talking about?

Next you will be telling us Hoppa Jr has turned his back on God to become a Satan worshipping Bulldog.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2