What's worth streaming on TV.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Nothing on TV

So I am watching the replay of our Legendary Premiership record 40 to nil Win on my rostered day off

I'm dreaming of a Manly Premiership win
Just like the ones I used to know

Bring Back the Real Deal Manly Sea eagles !!!
Former Manly NRL player Brett Stewart wins defamation action over match ...

A couple of things on SBS on demand, which has the virtue if being free "in these difficult times":

- a reinvention of War Of The Worlds in 3 seasons, with Gabriel Byrne probably the best-known face. Really enjoyable.

- "Day Of The Dead" a SyFy channel one series reinvention, this seems to get poorly reviewed but I think it is grand silly fun after a long day.

- apparently they are putting up all the X-Files seasons. So I will have a new go-to binge once I finish off Red Dwarf on Stan.
Watched a few episodes of the 1st season of War Of The Worlds, the episode were the aliens sent down a bunch of robotic dogs, I remembered I saw them in adds and other shows, so after that I tuned out.

A couple of things on SBS on demand, which has the virtue if being free "in these difficult times":

- a reinvention of War Of The Worlds in 3 seasons, with Gabriel Byrne probably the best-known face. Really enjoyable.

- "Day Of The Dead" a SyFy channel one series reinvention, this seems to get poorly reviewed but I think it is grand silly fun after a long day.

- apparently they are putting up all the X-Files seasons. So I will have a new go-to binge once I finish off Red Dwarf on Stan.

Love red dwarf.

And x-files!

Watched "Air" on Prime Video. If you love the 80’s, this is for you. It’s about the bloke at Nike who got MJ on board. Great cast. Ben Damon, his BFF in Ben Affleck. And Viola Davis as MJs Mum.The sound track is a beauty as well.

Finally got to finish the third and last season of Ted Lasso.

I was watching it a couple of months ago but then had to stop, as mrs ge starting watching it from season 1 (after me telling her 100000 times it's a good show) so I had to wait until she caught up.

And when I say wait, I mean I watched the previous episodes with her and still enjoyed them.

I wish I spoke more like Roy Kent.

"Get stuffed"

I'm surprised it's still allowed to be called red dwarf in the current climate
I just watched Deuce Bigalow. It is rated M originally, but is rated R with a plethora of warnings on IMDB. I’ve seen it plenty of times, but not for a long time. I was laughing so hard, not at the jokes so much, but the fact cancel culture hasn’t been able to get it shelved.
I just watched an Adam Sandler produced film called The Out-laws on Netflix. It was a good pisstake on many current cultural issues. Pierce Bronson, not noted for comedic roles, was excellent as the Scottish father-in-law Billy.

I finished watching 'Derry Girls' - Netflix, 3 seasons.

It took me awhile to get into it (kicking and screaming ...then ordered to by mrs ge) but by the end I quite liked it.

I finished watching 'Derry Girls' - Netflix, 3 seasons.

It took me awhile to get into it (kicking and screaming ...then ordered to by mrs ge) but by the end I quite liked it.
I have wondered how people understand the accents. Are there subtitles for it overseas?

I have wondered how people understand the accents. Are there subtitles for it overseas?

You can always throw on the subtitles in netflix (and most other streaming services...my better half prefers watching tv with them on- I don't know why) but I didn't find the accents that bad.

I'm not sure why I don't have much trouble with the UK accents, and once you realise 'wains' means kids, etc, then it's all good.

I mean except for James (lol... inside show joke, ftw).

You can always throw on the subtitles in netflix (and most other streaming services...my better half prefers watching tv with them on- I don't know why) but I didn't find the accents that bad.

I'm not sure why I don't have much trouble with the UK accents, and once you realise 'wains' means kids, etc, then it's all good.

I mean except for James (lol... inside show joke, ftw).
'wains' is a contraction of wee ones. Absolutely love Derry Girls and I don't think Sister Michael is far from a true reflection on the nuns who ran the schools

New series of The Lincoln Lawyer (part 1) and Jack Ryan are out now. I enjoy both.

Also watched the first season of Mr Mercedes which was good. I stopped watching the second series to watch the above shows but will get back into it at some point.

'wains' is a contraction of wee ones. Absolutely love Derry Girls and I don't think Sister Michael is far from a true reflection on the nuns who ran the schools

We found sister Michael to be hilarious and loved it whenever she was on. Her expressions were a crack up too.

Once when Joe McCool said "Who put 50p in this idiot?" (eejit) when insulting son in law Gerry, was mean...but damn funny.

We found sister Michael to be hilarious and loved it whenever she was on. Her expressions were a crack up too.

Once when Joe McCool said "Who put 50p in this idiot?" (eejit) when insulting son in law Gerry, was mean...but damn funny.
The interaction between Joe and Gerry are great and I think we all know a Colm

New series of The Lincoln Lawyer (part 1) and Jack Ryan are out now. I enjoy both.

Also watched the first season of Mr Mercedes which was good. I stopped watching the second series to watch the above shows but will get back into it at some point.

Yeah love Lincoln Lawyer great show. Started watching Billions good show.

The Outsider, came out in early 2020 it's got Ben Mendelsohn in it. It's a dark supernatural thriller set in the US, on Foxtel. Watched the first one, then watched the next two. This series really draws you in.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8