When did you change from being a fan, to being a consumer?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The last year I supported Rugby League (not just Manly) was:

• I still have the same passion for the game as always

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • 2011 - a little piece of me died after the Hasler saga

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • 2008 - Beaver WAS rugby league to me

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • 2000's - The Northern Eagles fiasco

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • 1996 - The Super League War

Votes: 11 37.9%

• Total voters
Great promo for the NRL - Not :exclamation:

Last year's drug cheats take out the Premiership :confused:
It was a few yrs ago now but yes I get your point. I feel it will be a fairytale for Gallen. That and they haven't won one before and it may be in the nrl interests to keep support in the shire

Far out...........I just can not watch anything to do with the fixed GF of 2013. Can't even think about it without getting angry. I am not over it and may never be that is for sure.

I was at the game and we were the better team on the day no doubt about it. We were clearly robbed of premiership win number 9. And I would not be surprised if something came out about how much the official(s) deliberately manipulated that game for whatever reason (like money, bribery etc) in years to come. It really was a ****ing disgrace.

Anyway, it all started going down hill with the introduction of super league....!!
The following list has not helped matters but made it worse........
Betting, the wrestle, the purple scum cheats, Scam Smith captain of Aust (wtf?), corrupt officials, money hungry player agents, players allowed to play first grade after they have been found guilty of domestic violence, too many changes of rules that have made the game boring, stacked teams, Ch Nein, dumb ass commentators, media talking up players, media attacking players for no reason, the 24 hour news cycle, money at all costs, lack of passion by some, NRL not rewarding team/player loyalty effectively, KFC, stupid ex players commentating, TPA's, football clubs not owning the teams, one city teams, the loss of country and youth footy support, the NRL, Greenslime, etc, etc................

I was not even a teenager at the time and yet I still remember the 87 grand final, bloody brilliant. (Well tbh all Manly grand final wins have been brilliant) The game was so exciting and the culture was tribal and strong. I also loved seeing Tooves captain our team to win the 96 GF and Beaver scoring in 2008 in what is a record GF win, Jamie with his bandaged head holding up the premiership trophy, etc, our Manly culture, our Manly spirit is just amazing and special and keeps me going.

Rugby League is a great game in its purest form and I love my Mighty Sea Eagles...............! But the NRL product is totally ****ed.

Last edited:
Far out...........I just can not watch anything to do with the fixed GF of 2013. Can't even think about it without getting angry.

I was screaming out in the lounge that it was fixed and we are going to lose when we were still in the lead............@:mad:

anyway, just found myself asking the wife, was the SOO on last night.....says it all for me, and BTW not surprised the refereeing was dodgy, guess they will be fixing a NSW win in Game 2, I suppose I will read about it the day after.

The day I realised it was just a business, was when they told Beaver that they weren't offering him a contract, only for him to go on, and be one of the best players in the ESL.

It's only got worse since. With the debacle of the club both on and off the park this year, I am considering not renewing my membership for the first time in many, many years.

My apathy, thanks to Peters, Penn, The non-Manly performances and culture is at an all time high.

If we lose to Canberra (and we will if the same ridiculous team named runs out), who really cares?

Maybe all the non Manly men in Barrett, Cartwright, Siebold and that other clown who came from Nth QLD.

Its ugly watching that, just depressing, fair dinkum Hayne had only Rooster colours in his eyes that day.

A mad Newcastle supporter at work actually emailed me the Monday after that game to say how disgusted he was with the reffing of that game; he said he felt genuinely sorry that I had to watch the officials do that to my team in a grand final.

It may well be Cronulla now I reckon
if it can't be 'managed' for another Cows v Broncos (to 'prove' last years wasn't stage managed), then yes the obvious fairy tale will be the Sharks beating the Panthers in the GF (50 year anniversary for both, and before anyone says that's 2017 do the math, GF will be the end of 50 seasons)

The positive with the Sharks outcome is that Manly will make the 8 (the final 5 match draw lends itself to a barnstorming Sea Eagles finish), the downside is the Sharks dispose of Manly in fairy tale manner on the way to the GF (Manly having been the team that denied them twice previously).

is there a 'vomit' emoticon

Last edited:
if it can't be 'managed' for another Cows v Broncos (to 'prove') last years wasn't stage managed, then yes the obvious fairy tale will be the Sharks beating the Panthers in the GF (50 year anniversary for both, and before anyone says that's 2017 do the math, GF will be the end of 50 seasons)

The positive with the Sharks outcome is that Manly will make the 8 (the final 5 match draw lends itself to a barnstorming Sea Eagles finish), the downside is the Sharks dispose of Manly in fairy tale manner on the way to the GF (Manly having been the team that denied them twice previously).

is there a 'vomit' emoticon
:sick:

I also think that I lost REAL interest in the game when MW stopped wearing the hoops. :((apart from 1996:clap:) All of my footy jumpers have hoops...:)

Last edited:
Far out...........I just can not watch anything to do with the fixed GF of 2013. Can't even think about it without getting angry. I am not over it and may never be that is for sure.

I was at the game and we were the better team on the day no doubt about it. We were clearly robbed of premiership win number 9. And I would not be surprised if something came out about how much the official(s) deliberately manipulated that game for whatever reason (like money, bribery etc) in years to come. It really was a ****ing disgrace.

Anyway, it all started going down hill with the introduction of super league....!!
The following list has not helped matters but made it worse........
Betting, the wrestle, the purple scum cheats, Scam Smith captain of Aust (wtf?), corrupt officials, money hungry player agents, players allowed to play first grade after they have been found guilty of domestic violence, too many changes of rules that have made the game boring, stacked teams, Ch Nein, dumb ass commentators, media talking up players, media attacking players for no reason, the 24 hour news cycle, money at all costs, lack of passion by some, NRL not rewarding team/player loyalty effectively, KFC, stupid ex players commentating, TPA's, football clubs not owning the teams, one city teams, the loss of country and youth footy support, the NRL, Greenslime, etc, etc................

I was not even a teenager at the time and yet I still remember the 87 grand final, bloody brilliant. (Well tbh all Manly grand final wins have been brilliant) The game was so exciting and the culture was tribal and strong. I also loved seeing Tooves captain our team to win the 96 GF and Beaver scoring in 2008 in what is a record GF win, Jamie with his bandaged head holding up the premiership trophy, etc, our Manly culture, our Manly spirit is just amazing and special and keeps me going.

Rugby League is a great game in its purest form and I love my Mighty Sea Eagles...............! But the NRL product is totally ****ed.

That's a VERY big list, but you missed a few, taking the biff out of the game (not that I condone violence) meaning we have propagated the likes of Ennis who spends the whole game pushing other players buttons which IMO is worse than a bit of biff which usually then settles down afterwards into some good footy, the stupid no shoulder charge rule, it was fine when they banned shoulder charges to the head, but when it was banned full stop it was just ridiculous, the way refs talk to captains, some get away with murder (Smith), others cant get a word in, these stupid "shot clocks", bugger me soon we will have stoppages for advertisements on the TV.

The game has changed massively in the last decade, hardly changed a bit in the previous 40 years, so was it broken that much???....or just pandering to the do gooders??

Last edited:
Blame Bozo for what Smith does today.. Wasn't it Bozo who told the captain to get up in the refs faces and question everything. That one is on us.

I think I changed my view on the game around the time of the match fixing scandal of 2 June 2016

WOW - talk about topical......

Reason #498 - when your own PLAYERS decide to throw games to get the coach sacked and win themselves some extra $$$

I think I have just found a whole new reason.

The thing I hate most is the tendency of supporters to resort to conspiracy theories whenever something goes wrong and the constant negativity of fans and media. The NRL is in good shape, sure it has some issues, but that is nothing new.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4