When should we think about resting players?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Harmless27

Reserve Grader
Given it is a weird year once again (with the mental challenges of lockdowns on players, relocation to QLD etc) when do we start to think about resting players?

If you think about it - we no longer are a shot at the top 4, and whether we come 5th or 8th becomes completely irrelevant (no home advantage, and the other teams around us are not much chop). Should we be willing to sacrifice a few comp points in order to freshen key players up prior to finals? Give Marty and Foz a week off perhaps (not Tommy.... he needs to win his Dally M first!).

Surely there is nothing to play for other than nailing combos and form for te next 3 weeks.... so why not get Ben T back in the team, KDL etc, and minimise injury risk prior to giving finals a red hot go.

Thoughts?

Given it is a weird year once again (with the mental challenges of lockdowns on players, relocation to QLD etc) when do we start to think about resting players?

If you think about it - we no longer are a shot at the top 4, and whether we come 5th or 8th becomes completely irrelevant (no home advantage, and the other teams around us are not much chop). Should we be willing to sacrifice a few comp points in order to freshen key players up prior to finals? Give Marty and Foz a week off perhaps (not Tommy.... he needs to win his Dally M first!).

Surely there is nothing to play for other than nailing combos and form for te next 3 weeks.... so why not get Ben T back in the team, KDL etc, and minimise injury risk prior to giving finals a red hot go.

Thoughts?
When we are mathematically in the semis!

Well this weekend, 7th plays 9th and 10th plays 12th from memory..... so it is basically impossible for us to miss the 8 now given the amount of games the fringe teams play against each other

So if we win this weekend, we 100% can't miss the 8.

THEN do we start resting?

But, when we mathematically can't make the four I'd be giving players such as Tenterfield, Keppie, Tyfuna, possibly Davey if he recovers in time, Burbo, Tippytoes, Koala, Suli and SirLoin starting spots in the final two matches and resting Froggy, Kapow, DCE, Foran, Guacca, The Shoe, Harpo, Jurbo and Turbo.
It would be good to see how the 'reserves' go while ensuring our top 13 are fit for the start of the finals.

But, when we mathematically can't make the four I'd be giving players such as Tenterfield, Keppie, Tyfuna, possibly Davey if he recovers in time, Burbo, Tippytoes, Koala, Suli and SirLoin starting spots in the final two matches and resting Froggy, Kapow, DCE, Foran, Guacca, The Shoe, Harpo, Jurbo and Turbo.
It would be good to see how the 'reserves' go while ensuring our top 13 are fit for the start of the finals.
At 6 points clear I agree 110%

In fact if we were to lose this week I’d consider resting Tom the following week for sure, and some of the forwards when we get Sipley and Keppie back.

Thoughts?

Explain to me no longer a shot at the top 4?

Marty is the main one that would need a freshen up. He grabbed at his back in pain against Storm and I think he may have been carrying some ailment there for a while. We've been relying heavily on him due to shortage of troops but he's on the big bucks so will need to keep going for a couple more weeks at least, or till Keppie gets back.
I thought Paseka would need a freshen up before finals but now we'll be lucky to get him back!
The others need more game time, not less :)

Win the next 2 then look at resting some against the Dogs. Cowboys game is a banana skin game.

any news on Paseka?

Win the next 2 then look at resting some against the Dogs. Cowboys game is a banana skin game.

any news on Paseka?
Foxsports reported it was the dreaded syndesmosis... But I don't think the NRL Physio has yet opined.

I reckon more just use rotation wisely....I feel right now we need to continue building combinations and perfecting structures leading into finals, resting star player now could easily effect confidence across the team and right now need to build momentum.....really need took to look at it as 4 weeks of practice, before the new competition kicks off.

Last edited:
Siro and Saddler could help out in the prop department soon or if required . Jake maybe a bit of a rest before the finals and not to go the full 80 just before the finals . guys like the Shoe probably need as much game time as possible, doubt any of the backs necessary need a break Have Jet Ski and Burbo no doubt available to contribute and if required Maybe Tom a bit like Jake but sure that he would not mind playing full games all things normal

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8