Where are we heading as a club?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Honestly our forwards are largely ****.

Jake’s a toiler , and a passionate one , but on HUGE money.

Paseka is a tryer, starting to look the goods.

Ola , good player , but due to our set up is looking a bit average.

Croker , another tryer , but not a top class 9.

Bully , coming along ok , but probably wouldn’t get a run on start anywhere else.

The rest , average or below average.

Our backline isn’t the issue , with a fit Tommy ( not sure we’ll ever see it but here’s hoping ) and the players coming in next year we are more than ok.

But our forwards really are , mostly ineffective and almost always dominated.

Fix that issue and we’ll start winning games.
Seems like most of our players have been bought on "potential" but not the ones that hit the ground running type of players that most other clubs seem to get. When I think back to our golden period between 2007 and 2014 to where we are now, a team that's now over reliant on one player for it's football success, well....I just shake my head.

We might surprise next season, but several things will need to go our way. I do like the Jaxson Paulo and Tommy Talau signings. They are two guys who have potential. The Brooks signing may turn out to be a masterstroke if Manly can get him playing with freedom and confidence. Matt Lodge should be coming into his prime as a prop, but the coaching staff need to get him playing consistently.

My biggest concern is that we are releasing decent players on modest contracts in Keppie, Samuela, and Latu, instead of underperforming forwards on bigger deals like Aloia etc. I fail to see what we gain by doing this. Woods should not be extended. We need a running nine to come on after Croker for 15 minutes either side of halftime. Can GCKT be that man? He will be in the top 30 next year.

Schuster needs to own an edge or become a ball playing lock, and Turbo needs to get through a season. Ben Turbo has improved a lot this year as well. There will be plenty of competition in our backline next year. We need another prop who is more mobile to compliment the big boppers.

Over to you Anthony.
Have you noticed we buy a lot of players on 'potential' never an established player that's killing it in the NRL. We need to start changing things sooner than later.

Remember there’s the MWDFC
The Footy Club has voting veto on , colours , where they play.

It’s why if you can’t be invested into the Franchise you just must join and pay your $35 a year to see the Football Club remain strong .

The MWDFC and the Manly Sea eagles Franchise Perspective ...

We can not have one without the other

And If we want a stronger Manly

We all must form part of that strong Bond and Invest in both

and become part of the strength that can make Manly the Greatest Club of all once again

240948987_10226342376526581_7626396401424013754_n.jpg

Have you noticed we buy a lot of players on 'potential' never an established player that's killing it in the NRL. We need to start changing things sooner than later.
It call comes down to dollars. But Lodge and Brooks are both established players. Paulo and Talau are also established players, although much less experienced. However, I get your point.

Seems like most of our players have been bought on "potential" but not the ones that hit the ground running type of players that most other clubs seem to get. When I think back to our golden period between 2007 and 2014 to where we are now, a team that's now over reliant on one player for it's football success, well....I just shake my head.
You are correct. I think the last recruit that had us fans excited was Kapow, who was an established enforcer.
I think the most astute recruit we've had in recent years is Sandwich. He is the perfect club player: versatile, reliable, resilient and good enough to play SOO but won't get picked, leaving him available for club matches. Did Scott Fulton spot him, or was it before his time as recruitment manager?

The best coaches can identify potential and turn them into decent players and have a sprinkle of experienced players...bad coaches have to buy mainly established players in bulk that looks good on paper.

We've bought a stack of young players on potential, had a great generation of youngsters coming through and I thought the future was exciting. BUT we haven't stuck with the plan and are now casting many of the kids off one by one and bringing in quick fix or stop gap players like Woods and Brooks and Lodge and Talau and whoever else.

We went all out and recruited the good kids in a long range plan.....Was the plan going to work ?? I guess we'll never know. The people at the coal face are much better placed than me to answer that.

Seems to me our current coach and management are thinking shorter term than previously. Survival instincts ???

We've bought a stack of young players on potential, had a great generation of youngsters coming through and I thought the future was exciting. BUT we haven't stuck with the plan and are now casting many of the kids off one by one and bringing in quick fix or stop gap players like Woods and Brooks and Lodge and Talau and whoever else.

We went all out and recruited the good kids in a long range plan.....Was the plan going to work ?? I guess we'll never know. The people at the coal face are much better placed than me to answer that.

Seems to me our current coach and management are thinking shorter term than previously. Survival instincts ???
Agreed. In recent months we've gone 'Moneyball' on recruitment, buying cheap/value rather than sticking with potential. Our salary cap is out of whack because Turbo is missing for so many matches. When he plays he's worth the dough, but on a per-match basis it's a disaster. DCE, on the other hand, may be expensive but he plays every match and is one of only five players in our top 17 I reckon who you can count on to have a crack every week.

And a lot of the kids that we do develop get tired of waiting for their chance at 1st grade and leave to who knows where or are scouted out by other clubs and leave. This whole developing your jnrs sounds all good, but doesn't guarantee they'll be sticking around, ala Latu Fainu.

The best coaches can identify potential and turn them into decent players and have a sprinkle of experienced players...bad coaches have to buy mainly established players in bulk that looks good on paper.
Trouble is SE, we've brought bought a lot of these potentially good players to our club, but we're not seeing any rewards yet, if ever.

And a lot of the kids that we do develop get tired of waiting for their chance at 1st grade and leave to who knows where or are scouted out by other clubs and leave. This whole developing your jnrs sounds all good, but doesn't guarantee they'll be sticking around, ala Latu Fainu.
We let go or lost
Feledy
Sione Fainu
A Hoppa
Alex T
V Fifita
And most think it's the end of the world. We let go of all these Super stars... hmmmmm
Super stars that have hardly set the NRL world on fire.. other than Hoppa the rest can't crack the two bottom feeder clubs that are hopeless.

Even losing Latu and Samuela will not be any great loss..

Samuel may make it in the NRL.. the rest will need time and we don't have time.

And before we carry on about Lodge and his character.. who cares as long as he runs hard, tackles harder and becomes that much needed enforcer we do desperately need..

We have had so many questionable characters throughout our history and we happily cheered them on.. when we are winning..haha

We let go or lost
Feledy
Sione Fainu
A Hoppa
Alex T
V Fifita
And most think it's the end of the world. We let go of all these Super stars... hmmmmm
Super stars that have hardly set the NRL world on fire.. other than Hoppa the rest can't crack the two bottom feeder clubs that are hopeless.

Even losing Latu and Samuela will not be any great loss..

Samuel may make it in the NRL.. the rest will need time and we don't have time.

And before we carry on about Lodge and his character.. who cares as long as he runs hard, tackles harder and becomes that much needed enforcer we do desperately need..

We have had so many questionable characters throughout our history and we happily cheered them on.. when we are winning..haha
It's all nice and all, developing the jnr's that come along but it's hard to get really excited anymore, it's no guarantee they'll be here for the long haul anyway....I just take it with a grain of salt tbh.

We brought in DCE after he tore it up for Sunshine Coast and DCE was shopped around and no one wanted him.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8