Where are we heading as a club?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Perth goes alright. With the West Coast Eagles and footy already being a thing though, continuing to be called the Sea Eagles might be a problem. Will we be revamped into the West Coast Seagulls or the West Coast Bears?Both have some historical roots with our club.

Yeah, for the life of me, what's Flanno doing at Manly now, casting an eye over some potential pick-ups for Saints for next season I'd say.

He'd be sacked on the spot at Kogarah if he took any of our trash over to the Dragons!

We let go or lost
Feledy
Sione Fainu
A Hoppa
Alex T
V Fifita
And most think it's the end of the world. We let go of all these Super stars... hmmmmm
Super stars that have hardly set the NRL world on fire.. other than Hoppa the rest can't crack the two bottom feeder clubs that are hopeless.

Even losing Latu and Samuela will not be any great loss..

Samuel may make it in the NRL.. the rest will need time and we don't have time.

And before we carry on about Lodge and his character.. who cares as long as he runs hard, tackles harder and becomes that much needed enforcer we do desperately need..

We have had so many questionable characters throughout our history and we happily cheered them on.. when we are winning..haha
Why don’t we have time? DCE is in his final years and we’ve tried building a roster around him but it hasn’t worked, part of that being his own massive salary hindering our cap. You can point to Turbo being injured again but that’s happened in 4 of the last 5 years and we still don’t have a top shelf replacement for him - Garrick at fullback is basically the equivalent of Croker at hooker (all effort but lacking the skills required for their position)

All those guys you mentioned are either at the start or haven’t even started their NRL careers yet. Feledy is literally still 18 and playing NSW under 19’s, Sione admittedly I’m not sure about but I reckon the Dragons next coach, who would’ve seen those other two boys in training earlier this year might have a plan for them when he gets there. And let’s not kid ourselves, Latu and Samuela are more than likely going to turn out pretty good. What did people say when we let Hynes and Gutho go? No big loss because they hadn’t set the world on fire yet?

Seems we are stuck between wanting to be competitive with a roster that our idiot owner claimed was premiership quality, and promoting our youth we’ve spent years developing. Fact is we’re about to miss the finals for the third time in 4 years and are letting our top juniors go for reasons beyond football

Yeah, for the life of me, what's Flanno doing at Manly now, casting an eye over some potential pick-ups for Saints for next season I'd say.
Mate, he'd have seen everything we've got months ago, I doubt he's picking up any new gems at this point.

True, looks like they were trash after all then.
I didn’t say that.But how long does the club pay them at their current wage,to reach their potential,much like the Fainu’s?I don’t agree with the approach the club is taking,but I can see what they’re trying to achieve.If other clubs come knocking with bigger offers,what can Manly do?

I didn’t say that.But how long does the club pay them at their current wage,to reach their potential,much like the Fainu’s?I don’t agree with the approach the club is taking,but I can see what they’re trying to achieve.If other clubs come knocking with bigger offers,what can Manly do?
That's been my argument all along as well, I cringed when we decided to pay Latu 900k on a 3yr deal for a then 16yr old. And now at 18 it's looking like Latu and his brother are leaving with a few clubs chasing them. When someone says we've got a few champion jnrs coming through and we need to offer them something, I just take it with a grain of salt.

That's been my argument all along as well, I cringed when we decided to pay Latu 900k on a 3yr deal for a then 16yr old. And now at 18 it's looking like Latu and his brother are leaving with a few clubs chasing them. When someone says we've got a few champion jnrs coming through and we need to offer them something, I just take it with a grain of salt.
I hope we never do that again , this generation has zero loyalty and it’s all about the money !!

I hope we never do that again , this generation has zero loyalty and it’s all about the money !!
All about the coach too. Ask most players who they would rather run through a brick wall for...
Bennett or Seibold.
A good coach won't need to spend overs to convince players to come play for them , especially if they have a chance at winning the title.
If Seibold was coach of the Dolphins, I doubt Bromwich, Kaufusi would go to the Dolphins.

From all reports Eagle 1 only one club was chasing them after the dolphins pulled out and that was the tigers. For Wayne to not want them says a lot and tigers are that desperate they out bid themselves and bought them both for $4m over 4 years. That's a lot of money for unproven teenagers. Am I disappointed we didn't keep them, yes, but we don't know how they would've turned out and that's a big chunk of the cap we can use elsewhere.

From all reports Eagle 1 only one club was chasing them after the dolphins pulled out and that was the tigers. For Wayne to not want them says a lot and tigers are that desperate they out bid themselves and bought them both for $4m over 4 years. That's a lot of money for unproven teenagers. Am I disappointed we didn't keep them, yes, but we don't know how they would've turned out and that's a big chunk of the cap we can use elsewhere.
Only disappointment is that Samuel looked the goods when he did make the grade and we stand him down in favour of Woods / Aloai. We became the dumping ground.

Since the Penns took sole ownership we have made the finals three out of nine years (counting this year).

We have had four different coaches in nine years .

We have had about six or more ceos.

We have had constant off field issues including pride gate.

We have let countless juniors go including gutho , ramien and others.

We have also won three games from the last ten, seven from our last 24 and our ownership think we are in a premiership window.

Last edited:
Since the Penns took sole ownership we have made the finals three out of nine years (counting this year).

We have had four different coaches in nine years .

We have had about six or more ceos.

We have had constant off field issues including pride gate.

We have met countless juniors go including gutho , ramien and others.

We have also won three games from the last ten, seven from our last 24 and our ownership think we are in a premiership window.
Completely agree, but there may be a positive to this, if you can call it a positive, is that each year we don't make finals Penn loses money. Hopefully he might finally decide this investment isn't working for him anymore and he sells. 🤞

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8