Where do we finish? (You vote)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Where does Manly finish?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
Plain and simple, 1 game to go, where do we finish on the ladder. As of right now (Fri 24/8) we can end up anywhere between 12th to 16th.

Ladder is currently:

12th Titans 18pts -104
13th Dogs 16pts -72
14th Cows 16pts -76
15th Manly 16pts -90 @:(
16th Squeels 14pts -142

Remaining Fixtures:
Titans vs Storm (H)
Dogs v St Merge (A)

Titans vs Cows (Titans H)
Squeels vs Chooks (H)
Dogs vs Gummies (H)
Manly vs Donkeys (A - might aswell be home, we do better there anyway).

If your someone who wants lower your risk, wait untill Sunday when rd24 is complete, if not, vote away.

Correct voters win the satisfaction that they guessed correctly.

You know that loss to West’s May have been a blessing is disguise. If the Roosters do a number on Brisbane tomorrow, and the Tigers win next week, we may have the chance to knock Brisbane out of the finals.

I’m licking my lips at the prospect of knocking the Donkadoncs out!

NYEagle

Yeah kind of like St Merge last season. Blew their chance to make the 8 at the end of the season against a team who couldn't make the 8. Could also mean the donkeys are hungry for the win, or could give our guys some incentive.

Hopefully the chooks do a number on the eels and we know we cant win the spoon.

You know that loss to West’s May have been a blessing is disguise. If the Roosters do a number on Brisbane tomorrow, and the Tigers win next week, we may have the chance to knock Brisbane out of the finals.

I’m licking my lips at the prospect of knocking the Donkadoncs out!

NYEagle

Like your thinking, but numbers don’t work my friend. Tiges have a -52 F/A to make up over the Broncs.

Like your thinking, but numbers don’t work my friend. Tiges have a -52 F/A to make up over the Broncs.

52 is not out of this world. Chooks smash them tomoz and we get the win next week, that -52 will dry up. I think that is what NYEagle is alluding to.

Tigpies are playing souffs, that is probably the more likely factor saving the donkeys.

52 is not out of this world. Chooks smash them tomoz and we get the win next week, that -52 will dry up. I think that is what NYEagle is alluding to.

Tigpies are playing souffs, that is probably the more likely factor saving the donkeys.

Absolutely it is possible, but I look at numbers and the law of probabilities. Bronco’s may go down by 20 against Easts, but still a pretty tall order to gun down -32 over the final round, particularly considering we ain’t gunna belt the Broncs in reality, maybe a close win, and the Tiges ain’t gunna post a cricket score against the Rabbits gunning for a top 2 finish. Geez, I would be overjoyed if you are right and kick my arse over the next 2 weeks, but ain’t gunna happen. Geez I’m like a boring accountant.

Last edited:
Have we ever finished as low as 15th.
Dont think so
7 wins 17 defeats could be our final tally
Grimm reading but as long as not 16th place I can take that.
Not happy at with this and probably our worst season on record but the only way is up next year.
No other club I think could come back from we have faced this year from the media, outside forces trying to destroy the club, inside internal politics worse than the liberal party at present, but we have and I know we will be back may take 5-7 years but we will.

I cant see why we cant go one better next year and grab the spoon.

Lets make an early play for by losing the first 6-7 matches.

Marty could threaten to leave 8 times during the year.

Get some strippers into our motel at all games.

Appoint Carty as the coach and give him him the same **** squad Barrett has.

The worst Manly side for 50 years.

Without a doubt.

Congratulations to all who played a part especially our owner, the immortal, the coach and last but not least the heartless playing squad.
I would say Jake Tom dce Joel t are the only players who should have an asterisk against their names ..they are not heartless and have manly blood in all of them. If they can all stay healthy next season they will all be crucial for our clubs rebuild ..the rest of the players need to have a really good hard look at themselves

The worst we have finished was 9/10 in 1947 and 1948. In NRL times we finished 14/15 in 2003 (we also managed 7 wins in that season).
Thank you for the those statistics. Good luck with the rest of the weekend and the tipping competition joint leader .

1948 Manly & Norths played each other at Brookie in a final round battle for the spoon!

Going into the last round Manly were last on 7 points, Norths were second last on 8 points & Eels were on 9 points. The Eels won their game.

Goal kicking proved the difference for Manly!
http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article169372854
Wooden Spooners Fight To Death
Manly beat Norths yesterday at Brookvale 13-12. For the winners, M. Gilmer kicked five goals from six attempts. The game resolved itself into a fight for the wooden spoon.
The standard of play was far from the best. Manly's best were: R. Beamont, R. O'Connell, R. McDonnell and M. Gilmer (backs), L. Johnson, W. Abbott and K. Kirkwood in the vanguard.
Manly, 13 (J. Walsh try. M. Gilmer 5 goals) beat North Sydney, 12 (J. Sullivan, P. Milgate tries. A. Harley 3 goals).

Just three years later Manly were in their first grand final (1951).

Season 1953 was another final round escape too! Manly were equal last with Wests going into the final round. Manly faced Canterbury at Brookie, with the visitors looking to get the win and spot in the semis. But Manly won 16-10, while Wests lost 19-9 to St George.

Never knew how close in 1948 and 1953 were to Manly getting the spoon!

So on F/A scores Manly are ahead of Eels by 52.

Eels beat Rorters by 10.
Donkeys thrash Manly by 43.
Manly win spoon.

The Eels play Saturday night. So going into Sunday at least Manly will know what's required if Eels have won.

15th, 17 losses. Equals our worst ever season as a club.

The players should be lined up, asked to bend over, so the line of members can walk along one after the other and be allowed to give them a swift wallop up the arse with our boots.

Barrett and Ferris joining the players.

As a wise man once said, someone has to be accountable for this.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8