Where do we go from here?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
You can this question seriously or not, you can take the piss (DCE certainly is), or you can be constructive...... whatever. Right now I am struggling to see what changes can be made in the short-term to turn our season around. Our spine as it stands today is the worst performing spine of any NRL team (yes that includes the Dragons). And in my opinion it's not going to get any better, by just tinkering with the combinations or changing the numbers on their backs i.e DCE to 9 What will this actually achieve? We are in a ****ful place right now. Where do we go from here?

You can this question seriously or not, you can take the piss (DCE certainly is), or you can be constructive...... whatever. Right now I am struggling to see what changes can be made in the short-term to turn our season around. Our spine as it stands today is the worst performing spine of any NRL team (yes that includes the Dragons). And in my opinion it's not going to get any better, by just tinkering with the combinations or changing the numbers on their backs i.e DCE to 9 What will this actually achieve? We are in a ****ful place right now. Where do we go from here?
It's come to me after 6 years of this garbage dce contract it's the reason we in this ****ing hole

Fair question. I don’t think anyone has the answer, including the coaching staff.

My two cents, Cust to 9 (even though I thought Croker was ok today). Jake to prop, still play big minutes which allows Kapow, Tent, Keppie to be more impact players.

Schuster to 13 playing Jakes first receiver role, ie primarily provide space for DCE and Foz, but with a license to play what he sees.

The big question is left edge. This is where Guac’s injury really hurts us, he would be ideal. Burbo? He has the pedigree, a combo with Schuster. From memory generally plays right, but what do we have to lose?

Move Morgan or Koula to FB, other to centre with Walker
Saab and Tupulotu on wing

Cust full time hooker
Schuster on bench

Rest of the team the same until Turbo comes in.
I like your most of your thinking on this. But IMO our main issues are 6 and 7. Our current 6 and 7 are playing like they have never played together before. That combination is pretty hopeless. We are completely directionless as a team, because both our halves a playing rubbish football. Our forwards played well, and we were in this game, because of them, and in spite of our halves.

Fair question. I don’t think anyone has the answer, including the coaching staff.
Hitting the nail squarely on the head, mosto. And I'm buggered if I know the answer either, especially given that we still can't take a trick with injuries and our senior players are badly down on form.

But yeah, I'd also prefer we tried to do something rather than trotting out the same makeshift team and the same tired excuses. We'll probably still get belted but we may as well go down swinging.

Illawarra will be another team that blows our backline off the park if we retain the same plodders. IMO our backline is where we can improve:
Harpo
Saab
Funa
Walker
Tippytoes
The Shoe
DCE
Foran to 14. Suli and Garrick to Blacktown.

I still think Parker is the better option.. I mean I reckon suli could make a good backrower if he had a better work ethic.
Suli certainly is not a centre. I don't think he can step, pass, jump or move in any way other than a straight line. His defensive reads are poor. His only chance of being a worthwhile member of the squad is as a prop. Tuck the ball under your arm and die with the ball. Stay close to the ruck and use your bulk to stand in the way of the opposition prop. Simple, but it still may be too complicated for him because I don't think he has any football smarts.

Jake has gone from too much ball playing to absolutely zero!? Thought he was great tonight Jake but though the way Foran and DCE were getting pointless delivery from hooker was a concern. Both standing way too shallow and DCE most if the time in no man's land. Gets the ball flat footed, defence has easily read the play and then tries to pull something out and turns to crap. Foran needs to get deeper and play first receiver on both sides and push DCE deeper, allow him to run onto it and get some more space, or use Jake every now and then or even better Shuster to get his hands in the ball and play out the back to DCE. DCE is just getting **** ball from Crocker, crocker does not engage defence at all, cannot pass or run or is threatening and then DCE looks like having no clue at all either.

Cust to hooker will help imo, and Tom back in two weeks hopefully. He plays like another half. Walker back to centre. Quac will make his way into the side in a few weeks to give some grunt in the back row, and hopefully Davey who I think is a real goer.

That is what im hoping can change things in a few weeks and build in that fir the next 20 odd games. We can turn it around

Suli certainly is not a centre. I don't think he can step, pass, jump or move in any way other than a straight line. His defensive reads are poor. His only chance of being a worthwhile member of the squad is as a prop. Tuck the ball under your arm and die with the ball. Stay close to the ruck and use your bulk to stand in the way of the opposition prop. Simple, but it still may be too complicated for him because I don't think he has any football smarts.
Im concerned about his defensive reads. Looks lost a lot. Should go looking for ball more like Matai did. Some runs out of dummy half, or some hit ups close to ruck

In the presser Des said Parker to 2nd row? Please tell me I have drunk too much and didn't hear correctly?
You haven’t he did say that , man is it just me or Des is getting off way too easy in the press conferences from the journalists, they never really ask him what had happened to this club under his watch.

Illawarra will be another team that blows our backline off the park if we retain the same plodders. IMO our backline is where we can improve:
Harpo
Saab
Funa
Walker
Tippytoes
The Shoe
DCE
Foran to 14. Suli and Garrick to Blacktown.
Team based off the Who's post and Saddler/Burbo being brought into the squad because of injuries to three backrowers this week.

Harpo
Saab
Funa
Walker
Tippytoes
The Shoe
DCE
Jake
JetSki
Aloia
Kapow
Cust