Where do we go from here?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Snake

Snake's Alive!
You can this question seriously or not, you can take the piss (DCE certainly is), or you can be constructive...... whatever. Right now I am struggling to see what changes can be made in the short-term to turn our season around. Our spine as it stands today is the worst performing spine of any NRL team (yes that includes the Dragons). And in my opinion it's not going to get any better, by just tinkering with the combinations or changing the numbers on their backs i.e DCE to 9 What will this actually achieve? We are in a ****ful place right now. Where do we go from here?
I honestly don't think the coach is a problem, nor do I think we need a roster overhaul. We just need to get Tom T and Siro on the field and a bit of confidence and things will turn around. Every team goes through this. It's just rugby league.

DieHardManlyFan

Reserve Grader
You can this question seriously or not, you can take the piss (DCE certainly is), or you can be constructive...... whatever. Right now I am struggling to see what changes can be made in the short-term to turn our season around. Our spine as it stands today is the worst performing spine of any NRL team (yes that includes the Dragons). And in my opinion it's not going to get any better, by just tinkering with the combinations or changing the numbers on their backs i.e DCE to 9 What will this actually achieve? We are in a ****ful place right now. Where do we go from here?

the biggest thing we can do in the short term is change our attitude. In previous years when we were at our best we played like a cohesive unit regardless of who played in what position. As a squad we need to buy into the game plan. I also think Des needs to simplify it all, I think the mad scientist has started to get a little too mad.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I honestly don't think the coach is a problem, nor do I think we need a roster overhaul. We just need to get Tom T and Siro on the field and a bit of confidence and things will turn around. Every team goes through this.

its like our squad has forgotten how to win, tonight there were so many chances to get back into that game but we didn’t take them, we were scared to lose that game

johnperi01

Reserve Grader
I honestly don't think the coach is a problem, nor do I think we need a roster overhaul. We just need to get Tom T and Siro on the field and a bit of confidence and things will turn around. Every team goes through this. It's just rugby league.
So you are happy to ignore the fact we have won 1 of our past 13 games? Same coach and he had brought in players he wanted for 2021. Even Turbo was there at the back end of last year. I can’t watch this team play, especially when we keep picking the same players.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
Where to from here?
Go the Swannies!!!!!!!!!!

joeboy

Bencher
Parker is serviceable at absolute best and shouldn’t be first string centre. He has no strike in his game at all, he makes a great tackle approximately once a fortnight and runs a nice line once every 6 weeks. He has no ingredients to be a gun. He is a squad player that every club needs, but he shouldn’t be in our strongest 17.

If Sportsbet offered a market on him getting knocked out playing in the forwards next week, I’d have no hesitation in plonking down a pineapple on it happening

Fibro Eagle

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Till the coaching staff get fullback and hooker sorted we will struggle
Walker is not a full back , I actually feel sorry for the guy he is trying , he gets involved , is running hard trying to get in position , and trying to make the tackles he needs too , He trained all pre season at centre and finds himself at full back
Walker is a centre put him there
As for the 9 I don’t know , I don’t like a team playing players out of position as I said about Walker , But I leaning towards playing DCE there and playing Foran at 7 & Schuster at 6 , I’m no coach at 1st grade level but the team at the moment is so unbalanced it shows , and I think that’s why DCE is struggling . Teams win when there is consistency on a whole
Maybe just a few tweaks is needed
Harper or Dylan Smith ( current fullback in reggies ) to fullback , Walker to centre , Garrick out Tuipulotu in or Simona , Garrick has lost it
We all have theories cause we want wins , and it’s only the 2nd round but Des has to start making hard choices or this team won’t get out of the rut there in from last season

Remy

shuu
Des needs to firstly start making performance based changes and not forced changes. That will actually put the team on notice and let them know you got to work for your position. That will help the attitude thing. No more of this loyalty and experience over talent bs.

NYEagle

Bencher
Illawarra will be another team that blows our backline off the park if we retain the same plodders. IMO our backline is where we can improve:
Harpo
Saab
Funa
Walker
Tippytoes
The Shoe
DCE
Foran to 14. Suli and Garrick to Blacktown.
Funa, Walker and Reuben and Saab filling our centre and wing positions. Absolutely terrifying.

Watch us leak like an Irishman on the piss'

NYEagle

robbiea

First Grader
Tipping Member
We need change.

1.Harper/Funa
2.Saab
3.Walker
4.Harper/Funa
5.Suli
6.Cust/Schuster
7.Foran
8.Paseka
9.Dce
10.Marty
11.Aloiai
12.Gosiewski
13.Jake

14.Cust/Schuster
15.Keppie
16.Sipley or Boyle
17.Parker or Burbo

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Des needs to firstly start making performance based changes and not forced changes. That will actually put the team on notice and let them know you got to work for your position. That will help the attitude thing. No more of this loyalty and experience over talent bs.
Agree with this absolutely. Let's start with the top. On current form do we drop DCE to the bench or play him out of position at nine? Can he adapt his game to suit the new rules, or is his style of halfback play unsuited to the modern game? If so does he have the skill set to adapt? He looks completely at sea at the moment. His combination with Foran is abysmal. Can this be rectified or conversely is Foran making DCE look bad because of his own inadequacies? Before the season began I was focussed on the nine spot as our biggest issue. But it's actually our halves that are making the rest of the team look bad.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
The obvious thing that you see is in rounds 1 and 2 our opponents work so much harder at the basics. This is where we fall down. They complete their sets, get repeat sets and have aggression in everything they do.

What Manly need to do is go back to 101 basics, control the ball, get your kick chase right and use our attributes. When we attack there needs to be a kick to the right wing to give our winger Saab a chance as he can do a lot of damage. We need to get repeat sets as that really kills us.

Play the percentages, our experienced halves MUST step up and give the team some direction.

Most importantly we must work on our defence cause its a total shambles, and we need to be game aware, rounds 1 and 2 conceding tries just before half time has flattened us. We must close out a half!

The heat is now on our most experienced players and its time for some of the younger guys to step up, Yesterday Paseka and Keppie were exceptional, Schuster showed promise too. We have a nucleus and now is when the hard work starts, beginning next Friday night!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 6 5 107 12
11 5 6 47 12