Whinging Wayne

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jono said:
It proves one thing: the Dragons rely purely on their main 17. Change that and you start to see cracks. We proved last night how it is done, without a couple of our superstars.

We had 6 players out for the Roosters game due to injury and beat them. Suck it up Benny, you sound like an idiot that can only win premierships with champions...wait that IS Benny.

Best coach in history my arse. Gibson was far better than you ever were and we are going to prove it. You can't hide from a Manly Grand Final for the whole of your career
Jono is has played manly in a gf as a coach and lost 1987

Cambo said:
Jono said:
It proves one thing: the Dragons rely purely on their main 17. Change that and you start to see cracks. We proved last night how it is done, without a couple of our superstars.

We had 6 players out for the Roosters game due to injury and beat them. Suck it up Benny, you sound like an idiot that can only win premierships with champions...wait that IS Benny.

Best coach in history my arse. Gibson was far better than you ever were and we are going to prove it. You can't hide from a Manly Grand Final for the whole of your career

Stop saying that!! He was assistant coach for Canberra that year, not the head coach. It doesn't count. It's like saying Toovs was the coach defeated in 07 by Bellemy. No, it was Des.

Bennett as head coach is undefeated in Grand Finals. I feel he has been very lucky to not have played us yet. Was last year the first year he played us in a finals series? Or did we get the Broncos in the past?

To be honest not sure when is a good time to play SOO because there will always be someone unhappy. The annoying part imo is how can you complain about having several players from 1 team who make it intowhat is regarded the pinnacle of rugby league. The teams with no reps have more right to complain. How ridiculous - "Its not fair - we have the best players in the world who play for NSW & QLD- i wish our players wern't good enough to make it." FFS Bennett - go coach Cronulla & then you can have something real to whinge about.

bones said:
Bennett and Furner were co-coaches in 1987

This is utterly correct,anyone who disagrees should look into the annals of history to be proven wrong,not just spirt **** out that makes their favourite coach look like a saint

I thought we were calling them Steelers or Illawarra:huh:

Also wasnt Neil Henry & Bellamy under Bennett at the broncs not as players but training staff @ different stages in their coaching careers?

TokyoEagle said:
codewana said:
captainskin said:
... plus it gives other teams an even shot at winning. SOO is the great equaliser for all teams this time of year.

That is assuming the best players get picked...

Who are you alluding was not chosen ?

I dont know mate umm let me see....:rolleyes:

atleast 3 more from our side.. Snake , Lyon, Glenn stewart, I could probably find 2 more..
But i`m glad the NSW selectors are too docile/stubborn to recognise their mistakes

codewana said:
Lyon has retired from rep though jjai.

I don't think he officially has. I read that he has requested that he not be picked, but has not removed himself from the available list, Cooper at the dragons has officially retired.

This means that if Ricky wanted to be a dick he could select him, and if he didn't want to play he would have to sit out for us as well. I honestly think that Ricky for all his faults is not this level of dick, Bellamy would have tried it, but not Ricky.

jjai said:
I thought we were calling them Steelers or Illawarra:huh:

Also wasnt Neil Henry & Bellamy under Bennett at the broncs not as players but training staff @ different stages in their coaching careers?

Bellemy yes, Henry I am not sure about. He was understudy to Matthew Elliot at Canberra for a while but before that not sure. Kevin Walters and Henjak were also assistants under Bennett

Jono said:
Cambo said:
Jono said:

Stop saying that!! He was assistant coach for Canberra that year, not the head coach. It doesn't count. It's like saying Toovs was the coach defeated in 07 by Bellemy. No, it was Des.

Bennett as head coach is undefeated in Grand Finals. I feel he has been very lucky to not have played us yet. Was last year the first year he played us in a finals series? Or did we get the Broncos in the past?
From Wikipedia

Head Coaches
1. Don Furner (1982–1986)
2. Don Furner and Wayne Bennett (1987)
3. Tim Sheens (1988–1996)
4. Mal Meninga (1997–2001)
5. Matthew Elliot (2002–2006)
6. Neil Henry (2007–2008)
7. David Furner (2009–Present)

codewana said:
Lyon has retired from rep though jjai.

He is still class & wouldnt look out of place.. i knew that after i posted it but still we have talented personnel not involved in SOO which gives us the upper hand because selectors choose to ignore us (around this time of year)

What would happen if his great side had a run of injuries, he'd being complaining about too many games etc. It's not like the rep concept is new, didn't hear him complaining before origin 1.

I hope it doesn't change, it gives the clubs an oppurtunity to blood some of their up and comers, And how good to the steelers young centre go on debut, maybe Benny should have given him a wrap instead of whinging. You can't win em all mate.

To my understanding, Bennett was co-coach of Canberra in 1987, not the assistant (which is why he is listed with Furner in the above list). So Bennett has lost a GF as a coach.

Wolfpack said:
To my understanding, Bennett was co-coach of Canberra in 1987, not the assistant (which is why he is listed with Furner in the above list). So Bennett has lost a GF as a coach.

Ok I was wrong. My bad. However, I still believe he is undefeated in GF's as the only coach.

Oh, and no, I hate his guts and love the fact that Manly are the only ones that can beat him. I also believe that Gibson was and is the best coach of all time. He was a man who took 2 teams, both of which weren't full of superstars, and took them to GF glory 5 times, including the youngest halves pairing in history (up until this year anyways ;))

Jono i was going to name Elliot as well (unber bennett), i actually thought all 3 started out under bennett..
Elliot was good in his early days thats why Penrith snapped him up. Who was he understudy to then?

Don`t tell me Mal.. :-/

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8