Who could be our Enforcer?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

double hoops

First Grader
I want to hear some suggestions on an enforcer.

We know Penn has said there won't be any big names, so we wont have much coin to spend.

@The better Robbo suggested Kenny Edwards could really be that mongrel a while back.

This pack of ours is all a bit clean cut, overly polite, and most times just all a little to nice if you know what I mean.

Who would you like to see as that enforcer, need not be a prop. Matai, Watmough. They were all blokes that just enjoyed the tough stuff. Blind siding someone and taking them out. A big hit.

Never afraid of a bit of niggle and intimidated others.

Who can ever forget the Gift;-)

If Kenny Edwards isn't your fancy. Who would you suggest? When it comes to putting a hard edge back into this team.

Last edited:
Honestly, I think Kelly could become a Matai like defender. Okay, maybe needs a shot of adrenaline to fire him up, but the kid could be literally anything.

I've also been wanting Marty to get back to his throat cutting against Thaiday in the test fella. Pure aggression and anger.

I know people are against Gosweiski, but he has some aggression in him .

I like Paseka and Tanginoa, but I'd love for whoever comes in as coach to teach them controlled aggression . They look scary as ****. If they played like it, opposition teams would hate playing against us.

Then you have Walker. When he's angry, but controlled, he's one of the most skilled, aggressive, explosive players in the game.

I mean this with a lot of respect, and don't mean to be racist in this, but we (as a whole team) had that shoulders slumped, slow motion Polynesian type mentality. Everything done is 1st and 2nd gear, with glimpses of intensity at rare times.

Then we have Joel Thompson. Guy should play in angry beast mode.

Mate, we have the players / team to put fear though the rest of the league. What we lack is the character, culture, and commitment.

images

Suli could get fit and ferocious if someone got into his head. :nod:

Last edited:
I’d buy hetherington from the panthers if I could. Love his aggressive attitude.
You have to remember though, there is a fine line between being smart aggressive and dumb aggressive. Darcy was aggressive but I am not sure we can say he was smart aggressive (pulling sharon woods’ hair an example).

Last edited:
Spud Carrol ....maybe Ballin in a different way, as fitness and mental toughness can assist attitude.
The enforcer will be the trainer who gets mongrel back into the entire pack....the most aggressive is Thompson but the whole pack lacks fire or intimidation.
Defensively tackles are made, but very few hits....the last big shot I remember was Taufua a winger and that was 2 years ago!!

We haven't had one since since Matai, previous were Watmough and Gift.

Not many around these days,Sam Burgess. Klemmer are at the top end of the scale. Matt Scott was a beauty, got the job done with little fuss or fanfare but his days have passed.

I'd like to see the Gosweiski agro in Marty.

I want to hear some suggestions on an enforcer.

We know Penn has said there won't be any big names, so we wont have much coin to spend.

@The better Robbo suggested Kenny Edwards could really be that mongrel a while back.

This pack of ours is all a bit clean cut, overly polite, and most times just all a little to nice if you know what I mean.

Who would you like to see as that enforcer, need not be a prop. Matai, Watmough. They were all blokes that just enjoyed the tough stuff. Blind siding someone and taking them out. A big hit.

Never afraid of a bit of niggle and intimidated others.

Who can ever forget the Gift;-)

If Kenny Edwards isn't your fancy. Who would you suggest? When it comes to putting a hard edge back into this team.
Totally agree we need some mongrel. Thompson plays tough and so does jake but they're hardly mongrels. Gosiewski kinda is but not sure he'll be in our 17, injury free maybe??
Walker plays with heart but hardly hurts the opposition.
I stand by my unpopular kenny edwards comments. I think he'd fire the boys up.
Not sure who else is available...
Maybe this Darryn Schonig, he looks a beast and by all reports he runs hard and likes to hurt people.

Totally agree we need some mongrel. Thompson plays tough and so does jake but they're hardly mongrels. Gosiewski kinda is but not sure he'll be in our 17, injury free maybe??
Walker plays with heart but hardly hurts the opposition.
I stand by my unpopular kenny edwards comments. I think he'd fire the boys up.
Not sure who else is available...
Maybe this Darryn Schonig, he looks a beast and by all reports he runs hard and likes to hurt people.
Schonig if signed will be a Blacktown player at best. No way he makes our roster. Guys like Amone / Perrett and others who may likely play for Blacktown are already ahead of him in my opinion.

The only players (potential signings) with a chance of making 1st grade, are:

Moses Suli (who I think should be in Blacktown)
Trent Hodkinson (same as Suli)
Kane Elgey (should be 1st grade)
Ruben Garrick (should grab a wing spot)
Corey Waddell (likely to be our 17 imo)

Schonig if signed will be a Blacktown player at best. No way he makes our roster. Guys like Amone / Perrett and others who may likely play for Blacktown are already ahead of him in my opinion.

This Schonig is 100% up on the attacking side, yet at NRL level ....defence would need to be proven.
Have seen him a few times and takes the ball up like a bull and bends the line...old school straight and hard.
In actual fact his direct running and quick play balls, would not surprise to see him get a good run in the trials.
Amone as you state, is a good show and I personally would have liked him to get a run in 2018 based on performance.
The fact this Illawarra winger Macdonald is looking about - he would be an ideal wing signing and this could be good and affordable.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8