Who could be our Enforcer?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
This Schonig is 100% up on the attacking side, yet at NRL level ....defence would need to be proven.
Have seen him a few times and takes the ball up like a bull and bends the line...old school straight and hard.
In actual fact his direct running and quick play balls, would not surprise to see him get a good run in the trials.
Amone as you state, is a good show and I personally would have liked him to get a run in 2018 based on performance.
The fact this Illawarra winger Macdonald is looking about - he would be an ideal wing signing and this could be good and affordable.

85% tackle effective according to
https://www.qrl.com.au/players/intrust-super-cup/northern-pride/darryn-schonig/

But first grade is a different game obviously

Schonig if signed will be a Blacktown player at best. No way he makes our roster. Guys like Amone / Perrett and others who may likely play for Blacktown are already ahead of him in my opinion.

The only players (potential signings) with a chance of making 1st grade, are:

Moses Suli (who I think should be in Blacktown)
Trent Hodkinson (same as Suli)
Kane Elgey (should be 1st grade)
Ruben Garrick (should grab a wing spot)
Corey Waddell (likely to be our 17 imo)
I dont necessarily agree Amone and perrett, sipley and even paskea are ahead of Schonig in the pecking order, as mentioned he makes massive hit ups and gets extremely quick play the balls, a huge guy that is supposedly ripped and from all reports is one of the best up and coming props is surely ahead of sloppy perrett.
Amone on the other hand I have been his biggest fan and hope he does get a shot however plays a different role to Schonig so depends the coaching style we go for.

Surprised Tof Sipley didn't get more game time last year to be honest. He is a beast, at least in attack. Strong as Marty apparently, or at least close. He made that lovely offload after breaking two tackles, then popped it up for Turbo to score, in one of his very few games. I do question his defence though, doesn't seem to hit front-on much for a prop.

I think Kelepi Tanginoa could be that guy
If he can stay fit and get more confidence in first grade he is 25 next year so now is his time
powerful runner if he can get that mongrel in him to come out could pull off some great hits

This Schonig is 100% up on the attacking side, yet at NRL level ....defence would need to be proven.
Have seen him a few times and takes the ball up like a bull and bends the line...old school straight and hard.
In actual fact his direct running and quick play balls, would not surprise to see him get a good run in the trials.
Amone as you state, is a good show and I personally would have liked him to get a run in 2018 based on performance.
The fact this Illawarra winger Macdonald is looking about - he would be an ideal wing signing and this could be good and affordable.
Macdonald just signed with the cowboys

I want to hear some suggestions on an enforcer.

We know Penn has said there won't be any big names, so we wont have much coin to spend.

@The better Robbo suggested Kenny Edwards could really be that mongrel a while back.

This pack of ours is all a bit clean cut, overly polite, and most times just all a little to nice if you know what I mean.

Who would you like to see as that enforcer, need not be a prop. Matai, Watmough. They were all blokes that just enjoyed the tough stuff. Blind siding someone and taking them out. A big hit.

Never afraid of a bit of niggle and intimidated others.

Who can ever forget the Gift;-)

If Kenny Edwards isn't your fancy. Who would you suggest? When it comes to putting a hard edge back into this team.

Kenny Edwards is a dumb grub. I would hate for him to come to Manly. There are many different types of Mongrel. And smart, let your footy do the talking is my preferred style. Like AFB. Also Taupau, Tanginoa, Thompson, Suli, Kelly, Sironen can hold their own. Don't think finding a dumb niggler is the answer to our woes right now.

Kenny Edwards is a dumb grub. I would hate for him to come to Manly. There are many different types of Mongrel. And smart, let your footy do the talking is my preferred style. Like AFB. Also Taupau, Tanginoa, Thompson, Suli, Kelly, Sironen can hold their own. Don't think finding a dumb niggler is the answer to our woes right now.
Wow. I almost read that wrong.

Nathan Brown could do the job.
Tough without being a grub.
The only worm player I can cop.

There's no shoulder charging, no punching on - it may as well be DCE. It really doesn't matter these days. Sad times.

Please don't bring any players like Kenny Edwards to our club, these sorts of blokes really affect team moral and hurt culture.

We don't need an enforcer. We need players committed to defense and a coaching staff that knows how to teach them how to defend.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12