Who gets the vacant backrow spot?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Kind of, but your front rowers will generally target the A defenders and make the tough hit ups....the lock will often engage the edges and ball play that bit wider....apart from Dogs who add variation with front rowers often playing first and second reciever.
Locks will also rove more defensively to clog gaps around the ruck, while props are generally first defenders either side of the play the ball.
Well to me jake plays very central as a lock. In your opinion of the posistion

Well to me jake plays very central as a lock. In your opinion of the posistion
He definately does, as the gates are the most important area's to stop the opposition roll on and technically, our Jake is the best defender in the game today so will defend in tight at times when needed against bigger packs....and in attack he can play centrally, yet also float to the edges where he has picked up a few tries for his efforts...Jake is actually a quality ball player but due to Manlys recent struggle in the middle...has played a direct, no frills style...& well.

Sironen for mine. Would love to see how the following pack aims up.
8 Lussick
9 Parcell
10 AFB
11 Marty
12 Sironen
13 Jake

14 Perrett
15 Meehan
16 Lane
17 API

I know there is a fair bit of inexperience on that bench, but all three forwards have obvious ability and if they kicked on early would create a formidable pack.

I love that pack and bench as well. Would like to see jamil Hopoate on that bench eventually to replace API.
If a half does go down with injury, we can always slot Sironen in the halves to cover for injury...

Wasnt that Meehan walking through the club house doors a few weeks before he arrived.
His chest got there 2 weeks before his back.

Gallen quoted when talking about potential opponents in the ring
"As long as Willis Meehan isn't classed as an NRL player I will fight anyone in the game that they come up with me for."

Smarter than he looks Gallen - Meehan won the super heavyweight Australian title at 17.

Last edited:
Been tipping that for weeks. Just something about him.

Regarding Winterstein, I thought he looked quite lost in the backs when I saw him at Brookie when he came in off the bench. I hope he can click somewhere he looks like he could be a decent X factor

Winterstein just looks to be training the house down doesn't he. He has put some muscle on. If he is learning how to play league again, as quickly as his body shape is being transformed. He could be massive for us at either centre or back row. Opportunities for him at both surely.

Our Forward pack is looking very good indeed (imho):
Props: - Lussick, AFB, Perrett, Myles, Meehan, Lawrence,
Hookers: - Api, Hastings,
2nd row & lock: - Tapaou, Lane, Sironen, Hopoate, Bainbridge, Winterstein Brown, Jake T

Hastings & L Brown both able to play hooker with L Brown also a bench 2nd row and Hastings possibly a backup lock if ever (god I pray not), Jake gets injured or is picked for SO

we also have a few potentials at Blacktown such as Charlie Faingaa, Sione Massima and a few others

Myles is no longer a 2nd rower despite still being listed as one in some places. Nowhere near the speed to be an edge runner or defender.

Meehan could be a smokey but it depends if the NRL actually register his contract. Same with Hoppa Mk.III.

Brown? Why start him over those who are better? And why start him when they got rid of someone (Ferris) who was better? It would be taking a step backwards.

My guess would be Sironen.

Trial form will obviously make this clear but my thoughts would be Sironen

I
Myles is no longer a 2nd rower despite still being listed as one in some places. Nowhere near the speed to be an edge runner or defender.

Meehan could be a smokey but it depends if the NRL actually register his contract. Same with Hoppa Mk.III.

Brown? Why start him over those who are better? And why start him when they got rid of someone (Ferris) who was better? It would be taking a step backwards.

My guess would be Sironen.

Calm down don't drop the clutch ... I didn't put them in any order just who we have for the spots

Winterstein
It will be interesting to see what he is like with a full pre season under his belt. He has almost an SBW like frame and showed some good signs last year.

Competition for spots will be great for us this year. Siro, Lane, Hoppa, Winterstein, Bainbridge and Brown all competing for one starting spot, and probably one bench spot.

It will be interesting to see what he is like with a full pre season under his belt. He has almost an SBW like frame and showed some good signs last year.

Competition for spots will be great for us this year. Siro, Lane, Hoppa, Winterstein, Bainbridge and Brown all competing for one starting spot, and probably one bench spot.

But I maintain there are 2 second row spots up for grabs ..... Kapow will be moved back to front row if they can.

But I maintain there are 2 second row spots up for grabs ..... Kapow will be moved back to front row if they can.
I guess it depends on who shines out of the youngsters. If Meehan and Perett are fit and show form then Tapau might stay on the edges as Darcy and AFB will be two of our props.

If neither Meehan or Perret come good, then they may well move Marty back to the middle.

I guess it depends on who shines out of the youngsters. If Meehan and Perett are fit and show form then Tapau might stay on the edges as Darcy and AFB will be two of our props.

If neither Meehan or Perret come good, then they may well move Marty back to the middle.

With 2 Front rowers on the field and 3 on the bench and 1 injured/suspended we need all the front rowers we have.

AFB, Lussick, Myles, Lawrence, Perrett, Meehan and Kapow.

With 2 Front rowers on the field and 3 on the bench and 1 injured/suspended we need all the front rowers we have.

AFB, Lussick, Myles, Lawrence, Perrett, Meehan and Kapow.
Very true, injuries will be an issue at some point.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8