Who Should be Captain ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

HoldenV8

Journey Man
I'm not so convinced on that point. If a genuine leader takes the reins, the team fall in behind him. If he has the right qualities and steps up to do the job well, the other players are not going to give a flying f*ck how long he has been there.

I'll agree with that, but I've never been a fan of a new player to the club taking over the captaincy almost right away.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
I'll agree with that, but I've never been a fan of a new player to the club taking over the captaincy almost right away.
Yeah, I understand why you would think that. The problem is that earning trust and belief from your fellow players is quite an important aspect to being an effective leader. Obviously, the longer one spends together with their team mates the better chance one has to build the right relationships and display the behaviours that will cultivate the trust and belief. Forced leadership is a tricky dangerous thing.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Yeah, I understand why you would think that. The problem is that earning trust and belief from your fellow players is quite an important aspect to being an effective leader. Obviously, the longer one spends together with their team mates the better chance one has to build the right relationships and display the behaviours that will cultivate the trust and belief. Forced leadership is a tricky dangerous thing.

Agreed. You can't really impress new team mates in a pre-season other than with how well you train (I'd like to say coach as well, but we've all seen that Barrett seems to place a big emphasis on who trains well in the pre-season). Its playing alongside them week in week out that shows what type of leader a player is.

Andrew..

Bencher
Tipping Member
I think Joel is only signed for 2 years but I'd be happy for him to do the job until Jake is hopefully ready.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I have to say I was surprised when Gus nominated Jake to be Blues captain. Now who knows if he was serious, or it was another kick in the gutz for Cordner. Still the bloke knows footballers, so I'd like to think Jake is in the mix.

Oracle

Eagles win 2019 GF
I remember when Walkz was asked who he thought were the ieaders in the team?and he said, "when you get the ball you become the leader", he talked about ownership.
He said he tried to make the biggest impact during a game,especially if you only see the ball 10% of the time.
I thought thats the attitude you want to see in your players if your the captain.

DC has been a good captain, but has lost his way after some bad losses.
To be fair not all of those losses have been attributable to him. (A few unmotivated type players in our squad)
The questions are :
How effective has Baz been in giving DC the right guidance ? If at all.
Why does DC stand around looking lost when we are getting pumped ?
Why aren't we seeing more communication between DC and leaders after a team scores against us?
...so many more questions
We are clearly not galvanised as a team when the going gets tough.
Will a change of captain help ?
First of all Baz needs to find better ways to help DC and if that fails the next
players with the right poise and self control (IMO) are Hodko which is a pity because he isn't up to speed yet. Api,? "If only he had a quicker and longer pass. Walkz ?
Wastes to much energy sledging, needs to grow up!. Lane one day maybe,
The obvious choice is Jake, plays soo,Oz, has potential to be a great captain but like DC will need help.

manly al

First Grader
Who should be Captain ?......
This is a no brainer . maxta Captain and DCE Vice Captain
Maybe if things do not improve , you can be appointed care taker captain and coach for a while Bozo and some of your more interesting memes might inspire the team . B T W hope that your Thursday night Harbour cruise went a lot better then the Sea Eagles result .

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Maybe if things do not improve , you can be appointed care taker captain and coach for a while Bozo and some of your more interesting memes might inspire the team . B T W hope that your Thursday night Harbour cruise went a lot better then the Sea Eagles result .
Thank You manly al, The cruise was fun , dine and dancing and the vivid harbour was lit up like the a starry sky . Very romantic feathered friend .

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Mate I can handle old boys Masters footy and play some touch footy, will stick to the couch and pass judgement from the safety of my lounge room @:smirk:
Don't underestimate your self feathered friend . Your a Silvertails forum legend !

manly al

First Grader
Don't underestimate your self feathered friend . Your a Silvertails forum legend !
Pleased that you and your lady had a good night on the harbour and thanks for the goodwill but my only concern would be a Legend What ? , taking into account that there is a Numnut classification on the site now .Maybe a more appropriate reference and particularly in regard to Manly "s disappointing season might be Legend of the Fall.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Pleased that you and your lady had a good night on the harbour and thanks for the goodwill but my only concern would be a Legend What ? , taking into account that there is a Numnut classification on the site now .Maybe a more appropriate reference and particularly in regard to Manly "s disappointing season might be Legend of the Fall.
Life is full of disappointments but life also offers us happiness and hope along the way as well .
Happiness and Sadness is all in our head . It is what we focus on . We either focus at the dark wall in the tunnel or the shining light that guides us out of it to a bright and sunny day .
untitled.png

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 69 16
12 7 5 135 14
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14