Who should coach us

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I'm starting to think we should have kept Flanagan and let Seibold go to the Dargons.
Pizza Yes GIF
Yes Yes Yes GIF

For the life of me I can't understand letting Flanagan go... When I heard we hired seibold I was filthy, until it was announced Flanagan would be his assistant... In my mind that was a back up plan in case seibold was useless again like at the broncos...

2 seasons in I cannot for the life of me see
a: why seibold was brought in to replace Des when he's shown absolutely zero improvement over haslers
And b: why we let Flanagan go early when he clearly is the better coach and should have been hotshotted into the main gig at manly about midway thru last season

To be honest, as much as I have tried, I just don't feel the same connection to the club since they knifed Toovey. Unfortunately I think his chance to be coach has long passed by now.

I agree with others that we need someone who knows Manly winning culture to make the place feel like Manly again, and the success will follow.

For the life of me I can't understand letting Flanagan go... When I heard we hired seibold I was filthy, until it was announced Flanagan would be his assistant... In my mind that was a back up plan in case seibold was useless again like at the broncos...

2 seasons in I cannot for the life of me see
a: why seibold was brought in to replace Des when he's shown absolutely zero improvement over haslers
And b: why we let Flanagan go early when he clearly is the better coach and should have been hotshotted into the main gig at manly about midway thru last season
One gets the feeling Flanno's hard edge would help steel our players. I know Saints have been patchy and conceded a big score on ANZAC Day, but he is coaching a far inferior roster to what we have.

Someone that can install mental fortitude into this psychologically soft playing group. Someone that can reel in DCE and Turbo and get them playing smart patient football not razzle dazzle every other play.

I understand that Peter has now changed his surname by Deed Poll to ‘Instrument’.

As in a blunt one.

As much as people want make fun of Brad Arthur, Manly’s defence under his tutelage was good enough to see them into the 2013 Grand Final.

Hasn’t happened since.
I also think arthur would have won a comp if the board gave him proper time. He has recruited for short term coaching success over and over. If he hadnt had to sweat it out yearly and was able to plan long term i think we would have better results

Someone that can install mental fortitude into this psychologically soft playing group. Someone that can reel in DCE and Turbo and get them playing smart patient football not razzle dazzle every other play.
You need consequences and there has been none of that at manly for many a piss poor performance

i think the big 8 year contract on mega bucks made it tough. any offload would have included a tonne of freight, and that made that decision difficult in the past

we now look to be likely getting stuck with turbos big deal due to injuries just as the other one ended

I also think arthur would have won a comp if the board gave him proper time. He has recruited for short term coaching success over and over. If he hadnt had to sweat it out yearly and was able to plan long term i think we would have better results
Quite possibly.

You need consequences and there has been none of that at manly for many a piss poor performance

i think the big 8 year contract on mega bucks made it tough. any offload would have included a tonne of freight, and that made that decision difficult in the past

we now look to be likely getting stuck with turbos big deal due to injuries just as the other one ended
Ok, we did another one in Ola, but, kinda forced to do it, the Indians were circling. But in future, approach with caution.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10