Who Should Play Fullback With Ben Farrar Out?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Duff link said:
The paper has Hoppa named in the team.

I freakin' hope so.

I freakin' hope so too!!
We need to bring our A game!
I hope there's a big turn out this Sat.. the boys need all the support they can get!

abnc link said:
[quote author=Volley link=topic=184491.msg281988#msg281988 date=1281068104]
[quote author=abnc link=topic=184491.msg281959#msg281959 date=1281061439]
[quote author=Volley link=topic=184491.msg281929#msg281929 date=1281055177]
[quote author=abnc link=topic=184491.msg281919#msg281919 date=1281054407]
Has everyone forgotten about Anasta going to Fullback?! What happened there? Lyon to fullback at this time of the year? As Gus says \"No No No No No!\"

Anasta's a lock who's played a bit in the 6. Lyon's a great athlete. I wouldn't do it personally, but your comparison is poor.
[/quote]

Last year Fittler selected Anasta at Fullback. Read the below article.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/rooster-anasta-moves-to-fullback/story-e6frg7mo-1225715004135

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=324521

Playing Lyon out of position is not the solution and never will be.
[/quote]

Btw, how'd Todd Carney go from his transition from the halves to Fullback?
[/quote]

He started there from the beginning of the year pretty much, not with just over a month to go to the finals. It's crazy to think about putting Lyon there now.

IMO i don't think fullback suits Lyon. He is more value for us in the centres or 5/8.
[/quote]

Yeah and he was pretty, pretty, pretty good from the get go. You're Lyon to Anasta comparison was ****house.

Volley link said:
[quote author=Fro link=topic=184491.msg281963#msg281963 date=1281062036]
what he was saying is that anasta was a lock who got thrown in at fullback.

Lyon is a center who was being suggested move back there, he didnt say Anasta hadnt been tried there.

although god Knows why i am sticking up for Volley

Nailed it.

In regards to that last statement, is that because I don't need anyone having my back, or is it purely the fact I'm a c$%*?
[/quote]

Can't it be both Volley? :)

Thanks for the smite... much appreciated!

I hope Hoppa is fit to play and I hope he is picked at fullback... I think he will perform really well if he is.

I know many fans don't rate Robbo at fullback, especially with his timing in attack (a part of play Farrar has taken to well, especially with sweeping plays to the left). In light of that general consensus and if Hoppa is not picked at fullback or is not right to play at all, I posed if not Robbo, who? Lyon came to mind because to me and my mate, he is a natural athlete and could probably slip into any backline position comfortably.

I suggested Whare or Bailey in the centres. Of the two I'd go with Whare, but Des has used Bailey in the centres this year and I think he would probably go with him... I may be wrong.

Lastly, please don't compare Lyon with Anasta ever again. LOL, ever!

Pasquale link said:
Lastly, please don't compare Lyon with Anasta ever again. LOL, ever!

Haha, no please don't misunderstand me. I would never compare Lyon to Anasta. It's Chalk and Cheese. Just trying to say it wouldn't be my preference to put Lyon to fullback.

Pasquale link said:
Thanks for the smite... much appreciated!

Here you go mate, back to even.

Fro link said:
[quote author=Volley link=topic=184491.msg281987#msg281987 date=1281068006]
[quote author=Fro link=topic=184491.msg281963#msg281963 date=1281062036]
what he was saying is that anasta was a lock who got thrown in at fullback.

Lyon is a center who was being suggested move back there, he didnt say Anasta hadnt been tried there.

although god Knows why i am sticking up for Volley

Nailed it.

In regards to that last statement, is that because I don't need anyone having my back, or is it purely the fact I'm a c$%*?
[/quote]

Can't it be both Volley? :)
[/quote]

I'm not big on going both ways, unlike Cambo http://www.instantrimshot.com

Terrible jokes aside, I'll take the half compliment Fro. Thankyou.

No Farrar, no win in my book. He's a big loss. Robbo doesn't have it and I don't think young Hoppa is up to grade just yet. No other options really I guess, moving Lyon back there is a ridiculous suggestion.

Has the SCSE fullback got anything ?

Well then chip & chase, u like shooting down all options... Taking into account the players that are unavailable due to injury and the fact you don't like Robbo or Hoppa there and Jamie Lyon is a ridiculous suggestion who, IF YOU HAD TO PICK A PLAYER, would you put at fullback?

It has to either Robbo or Hoppa, fingers crossed that whoever is chosen has the game of their lives.
IMO Robbo to the back with Hoppa junior or Whare on the wing. If Hoppa is in the squad you also have the option of shuffling if needed.

P@$ki link said:
Well then chip & chase, u like shooting down all options... Taking into account the players that are unavailable due to injury and the fact you don't like Robbo or Hoppa there and Jamie Lyon is a ridiculous suggestion who, IF YOU HAD TO PICK A PLAYER, would you put at fullback?

He'd go the bloke who isn't contracted with Manly and is therefore ineligible.

P@$ki link said:

Obviously the word ridiculous has riled you up a bit. What I meant was you don't take your number one attacking weapon and only possible architect of a win and put him at fullback. That would just cruel any chance we had of a win. No doubt he'd probably make a reasonable fist of it but it's not going to help us win the game. Given the lack of any real options, Robbo is the obvious choice, just think that he doesn't offer as much as Farrar at the back. Maybe young Hoppa will pull something out of the bag, but I think he is a safer bet on the wing for the time being.

We'd have not one player in the backline with speed enough to to warrant a fullback players ability without Farrar. Think about it:-

T-Rex - DEFINITELY not
Robbo - Looks really slow these days - he has more like a 1/2's speed
Matai - Bacrowers / slow centres type speed - power player
Hodko - slow at everything he does
Foran - has decent speed, bu max's out at a slow centre imo
Lyon - is a ball player, and has lost that blistering speed of old

This team is struggling in the speed department, and it's also the reason finesse teams tear us up out wide, especially late in games.

I am STINGING for Wolfman and Stewie to come back (hopefully Stewie has a bit of pace still left in him).

Maybe that's why we are being linked to Blake Ferguson....that bloke has pace to burn....even though he's a dick.

Ryan link said:
From official site:-
Ben Farrar - knee injury - out for 2 to 4 weeks
It's getting close to sink or swim time gentlemen.....with Farrar out for 2 to 4 I say lets throw Hoppa in (if fit enough) I know he's young but sometimes you just have to take a chance.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8