Who wants a sneak peak at the new site?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I really like the front page, much more inviting to stay on that page rather than flick straight to the forum. Also, think there is a sneaky pic of Terry Randall with blood dripping down his face. I would like to see some of the older Manly teams and stories every now and then, like, "Blast from the Past", or something, maybe have a few forumites do some research and send in their compilation for the week or month to be posted in a column. One thing I don't like about some sites is the ads on the RHS that scroll down the page when you are reading a story, especially when they are moving, or changing, so distracting. Happy to support the sponsors though.

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
Dan said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
cant log in ?

To front-end or forums?
It will have your password from just after the site being hacked

there was no log in on the first link
and then wouldnt let me on the forums either, also said didnt recognise my email for lost password

but dont matter looks good anyways

I also like the dropdown menu for the headings on top of the page. Quickly hovering over these tease you to open up rather than having to click to find out what is there.

1969 said:
I really like the front page, much more inviting to stay on that page rather than flick straight to the forum. Also, think there is a sneaky pic of Terry Randall with blood dripping down his face. I would like to see some of the older Manly teams and stories every now and then, like, "Blast from the Past", or something, maybe have a few forumites do some research and send in their compilation for the week or month to be posted in a column. One thing I don't like about some sites is the ads on the RHS that scroll down the page when you are reading a story, especially when they are moving, or changing, so distracting. Happy to support the sponsors though.
Love that idea and as the guys know I love content, fan content and written articles are great for all of us to read.

There will be a few new "Ex Player profiles" soon as well

Dan said:
Hi All,

The new site is just about ready for launch. I wanted to have a few people take a look at it and see if they can find any major issues or break it.

If you are interested let me know

Dan
Would love a look please.

Pm sent that should be enough now thanks guys

Dan said:
Stevo said:
I don't seem to be able to switch from the forum home page to the home page of the sight by clicking the 'Home' tab at the top mate.

Hang on so you click "Home" when on the forums and it doesn't take you home?

Its s straight forward link so there shouldn't be issues there. What browser and version are you using?

PM sent to others

Yeah when on the forum page pressing the home key came up with an error message saying that there was a technical issue and Dan was working on it. I'll try it again. I'm on firefox at work. Not sure what version.

Im on my Samsung galaxy tab 2 now mate. Same on here.
[attachment=583]

Stevo said:
Dan said:
Stevo said:
I don't seem to be able to switch from the forum home page to the home page of the sight by clicking the 'Home' tab at the top mate.

Hang on so you click "Home" when on the forums and it doesn't take you home?

Its s straight forward link so there shouldn't be issues there. What browser and version are you using?

PM sent to others

Yeah when on the forum page pressing the home key came up with an error message saying that there was a technical issue and Dan was working on it. I'll try it again. I'm on firefox at work. Not sure what version.

Im on my Samsung galaxy tab 2 now mate. Same on here.

That's weird Stevo. Cause I use Firefox too and didn't have a problem. Maybe we are talking about two different sections.

For some reason its picking up the old template for him thats ok and wont be an issue when we go live. The original url was silvertails_wordpress check your pm for the correct home address

Just make sure you are using the silvertails v2013 theme

For the technical out there I generate the header and other parts automatically and pull that in from elsewhere. This is cached for some reasobn for steve but when we move to the new platform that wont be an issue anymore

If your still looking for ppl, im happy to help Dan.

I can look at it from technical and non-technical (usability) perspective if that's what you need.

Dan said:
Hi All,

The new site is just about ready for launch. I wanted to have a few people take a look at it and see if they can find any major issues or break it.

If you are interested let me know

Dan

Yes would love a gander

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4