Who will we get before June 30?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We had better start treating our players better, that's for sure. We still have buying power though mate...within the last 8 months, Myles, Lussick, Walker, Taupau, Parcell, AFB & others.

Don't think it's that dire.

It's not that dire but we do need the soul back.

I think it's there in 'spades' (DCE, Buhrer, Killer, Snake, Jake, Turbo and Jorge plus Bozo) but it's certainly not there in 'Bucket loads' like it used to be.

The difference when Ben Kennedy came in and motivated the younger players, was there was a consistent squad who had been through the 'bad times' and it was a 'follow me' approach, which worked and all credit to Des and Bozo for getting him to the club.

The culture was always there, but after the Northern Eagles debacle, players seemed to have forgotten what Manly was about and Kennedy helped Des re-create the culture and set a standard.

It took but a few years, but the younger players like Choc and Gift 'bought in' and we saw an emerging younger group added to the experience of guys like Beaver, Kite and the strategic acquisitions like Killer, Bell and Orford, who just seemed to fit in to the culture.

Add to that Des and his experience at Manly, 2V (Assistant Coach), Donny and Crusher, who all obviously expounded the culture at Manly to the players.

Now you have Barrett, Cartwright, Seibold, Ferris and a heap of new players who have no concept or experience of the culture and are trying to 'buy-in'. Therein lies the problem.

Penn may own the club, but he has no concept of the culture from a players standpoint and his 'relation' is so stuck up his own .... he couldn't possibly help him embrace it.

Turbo told me he has it on good word that we are looking good for :
Josh Addo-Carr, Henare Wells, Young Tounumaipea
Michael Gordon, David Mead. Nathan Ross, Lachlan Maranta
Curtis Rona, Sisa Waqa, Joel Thompson
Blake Green, Benji Marshall, Daniel Mortimer
Cooper Cronk, Luke Keary, Peter Wallace, Sam Williams
Nelson asofa-Solomona, Matt Gillett, Tony Williams, Josh Jackso, Chris Heighington, Ben Creagh, Kenny Bromwithch, david Fafita, James Hasson, Sam Moa, Sam Tagataese, jarrod WallaceMartin Kennedy, Robbie Rochow and Luke Burgess again

Medically retire Meaty0 due to obesity and sign Nathan Cleary immediately. Back end a 3 year deal; with the outs next year it makes perfect sense.

Last edited:
  • 😆
Reactions: Dan
Turbo told me he has it on good word that we are looking good for :
Josh Addo-Carr, Henare Wells, Young Tounumaipea
Michael Gordon, David Mead. Nathan Ross, Lachlan Maranta
Curtis Rona, Sisa Waqa, Joel Thompson
Blake Green, Benji Marshall, Daniel Mortimer
Cooper Cronk, Luke Keary, Peter Wallace, Sam Williams
Nelson asofa-Solomona, Matt Gillett, Tony Williams, Josh Jackso, Chris Heighington, Ben Creagh, Kenny Bromwithch, david Fafita, James Hasson, Sam Moa, Sam Tagataese, jarrod WallaceMartin Kennedy, Robbie Rochow and Luke Burgess again
Just a minor player turnover then?

So it's apparently gone cold on trex and we miss out on t sims. That's not a bad thing, let's focus on this years crop and the talent they have. Then after season or towards the end we come out and announce the signings of either matt gillet or Lowe!

Missing out on Sims I see as a positive. It's shows we aren't throwing stupid money at players to win a bidding war even though we will have the cap space to do so. Looking for value for our dollar

re new players, besides a new five eighth, we dont need any. Many of the players we have havent hit their potential or strung enough games together to show quality form.

It might just be a good thing that Manly are not trying to pick up players right now. The current squad has barely had enough to gel properly with all the injuries and 5-day turnarounds and are only just now getting some time to get some combos together.
Swapping out players now (unless a superstar is picked up) tells me they have quit on this year, and that should not happen. Tariq Sims and Tony Williams or pretty much anyone else available are not superstars.
I think Barrett wants to prove with the squad he has now that if they come together, they will be a force.
I hope I'm right...
NYEagle

Where exactly are we?

If Symonds and Mateo are gone and off to Newcastle before July.

Who's in? Do we employ a youth policy, Sironen and Hastings would fill the void, young stars who haven't quiet lived up to their potential yet.

If we did go down the youth path, do we then have too many first graders?

Do we need snake to retire, would it not just be about a dodgy hammy taking a long time to recover, but the club needing to free up cap space, accepting this year is beyond us, and spending the back half of the year with our generation next playing next to each other and preparing for the future!

Right now we arent exactly in rebuilding phase. We aren't exactly title contenders or a squad even close to it. I'm not sure what we're doing.

Where exactly are we?

If Symonds and Mateo are gone and off to Newcastle before July.

Who's in? Do we employ a youth policy, Sironen and Hastings would fill the void, young stars who haven't quiet lived up to their potential yet.

If we did go down the youth path, do we then have too many first graders?

Do we need snake to retire, would it not just be about a dodgy hammy taking a long time to recover, but the club needing to free up cap space, accepting this year is beyond us, and spending the back half of the year with our generation next playing next to each other and preparing for the future!

Right now we arent exactly in rebuilding phase. We aren't exactly title contenders or a squad even close to it. I'm not sure what we're doing.

Not much really, both off AND on the field.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2